What is in the stalled convoy ???

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

What is in the stalled convoy ???

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Mar 2022, 8:06 am

The 60 klm long convoy of Russias that has been stalled really needs to be found out exactly what is in those trucks,,,,,,

And,,,,,,, is Ukranian resistance the main reason for it being stalled,,, or is there something sinister held within the convoy ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: What is in the stalled convoy ???

Post by womble » 09 Mar 2022, 8:17 am

Mutiny
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 09 Mar 2022, 8:55 am

I saw a YouTube video. It's actually Russian covid vaccine Sputnik.... aka aerosol version of chemical unfertility drugs.

But in seriousness, I was listening to radio or TV. Apparently 90% of Russians think putin so called attack is a peace keeping force. Cuzz all outside media and internet is banned. Which made me think

Firstly how does our media come up with this statistics. Did they travel into Russian cities and all the common people there.
Also what else are they making up. And if they are making it up, and ruskies are making it up.

What's the real truth. I am going to watch The Matrix and let you know
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 09 Mar 2022, 9:40 am

Poisoned caviar maybe, or just run out of fuel or just sh%&ty Russian made vehicles?
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Fionn » 09 Mar 2022, 10:00 am

From what I have read it's just normal supplies based on the assumption that the conflict would be over in a few days and most Ukrainians would welcome them. Some interesting stuff I have seen pictures of is things like riot gear. Apparently the first 15kms of the convoy run out of fuel/supplies and had heaps of mechanical issues, then the Ukrainians attacked the rear basically gridlocking them due to the mud season. The Russians soldiers only had 3 days of food, so they started abandoning the vehicles causing a snowball effect. . There was also talk that the commanders kept sending more vehicles as requested as they didn't want to say no and risk getting shot.

That's how the Russian general was killed by Ukrainians snipers, as he went down in person to sort out the issue and caused a big fuss that due the attention of the snipers.

It's basically a 60km long POW camp that the Ukrainians don't have to look after.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 09 Mar 2022, 11:08 am

Being winter in Ukraine the trucks would have kept engines running for warmth so most of them being out of fuel is almost certain.
There's also likely some widespread destruction at the front that they can't pass and the Ukranians probably don't want to share pictures to help Russia plan clearing it.

I would expect that this convoy contains the supplies that the Russians thought they would need once Kiev had surrendered a couple of days in, which is another reason that it would be waiting until actually needed.

The maintenance issues that the Russians have been having on vehicles that have been ignored for years is not entirely a surprise, their corruption levels are off the charts so funds allocated for maintenance would have disappeared along the way and paperwork with the right ticks in boxes sent back. Putin himself has apparently stolen hundreds of billions of dollars (numbers too high to think of in Rubels) and hidden it amongst his Oligarch friends which is why those sanctions will hit him particularly hard.

Western mainstream media pumps out propaganda to the same extent as Russian state media, neither can be trusted on any subject and the real truth will always be in the middle somewhere.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 09 Mar 2022, 12:03 pm

Fionn wrote:From what I have read it's just normal supplies based on the assumption that the conflict would be over in a few days and most Ukrainians would welcome them. Some interesting stuff I have seen pictures of is things like riot gear. Apparently the first 15kms of the convoy run out of fuel/supplies and had heaps of mechanical issues, then the Ukrainians attacked the rear basically gridlocking them due to the mud season. The Russians soldiers only had 3 days of food, so they started abandoning the vehicles causing a snowball effect. . There was also talk that the commanders kept sending more vehicles as requested as they didn't want to say no and risk getting shot.

That's how the Russian general was killed by Ukrainians snipers, as he went down in person to sort out the issue and caused a big fuss that due the attention of the snipers.

It's basically a 60km long POW camp that the Ukrainians don't have to look after.

I think that's a pretty good assessment.

I believe also the Russians banked on securing the Hostomel airport and being able to fly in a conga line of troops and APCs while the convoy would drive down and meet up with them.

Looks like the Russians never learned their lessons from the Battle of Raate Road in 1940.

The other thing from looking at pics and maps of the area, Kyiv doesn't seem that easy to get around in and from some of the battles in those northwest suburbs they all got jammed up from blown up vehicles.and debris. Right now it's going to be like trying to jam melted cheese through a pinhole.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Bugman » 09 Mar 2022, 3:49 pm

Someone mentioned that they have been waiting for their pizza delivery. Could be a long wait.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Mar 2022, 4:10 pm

Bugman wrote:Someone mentioned that they have been waiting for their pizza delivery. Could be a long wait.

Funniest thing I've read all week. :lol: Full points.

My bet is on
No fuel
Break downs
Debris.

Maybe the Russian equipment has been over rated. Old and rusty.

And as we all know:
The first casualty of war is the truth. Basically they all BS, but democracy ensures at least some truth is reported by Western news. In Russia you get a lead headache if you report the truth, same in China.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 09 Mar 2022, 4:20 pm

As i understand it this is the convoy coming from Belarus. But they will be under Russian command.
The Russians have been fed a narrative of liberating Ukraine from nazis. As bizarre as that sounds.
The population questioning the narrative is growing fast and proving difficult to suppress. Anonymous even managed to hack and broadcast on their state owned media. Max Headroom style. The mothers want to know what happenned to their sons.
But who knows what the Belarus troops are told. No doubt theres a lot of conflict. I think the plebs would be unwilling to fight Ukraine.
Plus they’re taking heavy damage. Just sitting ducks and they are feeling it.
The magic of drones is theres no way to identify who’s they are, even if shot down.

The US committed to banning oil imports from Russia on Tuesday. Which is going to hurt at home. So thank them for their sacrifice.
It’s really going to punish Russia hard though. It’s a crushing blow and they are certain to respond by cutting gas lines to Europe.
But our man Putler is in a tight corner now, so essentially the US has called his bluff. And the timing was perfect.

There’s no chance of a good outcome anymore. Ukraine has sworn to fight to the last man and people are flocking there from all over the world to bolster that.
Pays up to $2,000 USD a day. https://silentprofessionals.org/
The aggressor must be terminated to bring this to an end.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 10 Mar 2022, 2:12 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Bugman wrote:Someone mentioned that they have been waiting for their pizza delivery. Could be a long wait.

Funniest thing I've read all week. :lol: Full points.

My bet is on
No fuel
Break downs
Debris.

Maybe the Russian equipment has been over rated. Old and rusty.

And as we all know:
The first casualty of war is the truth. Basically they all BS, but democracy ensures at least some truth is reported by Western news. In Russia you get a lead headache if you report the truth, same in China.

Some wonk said the Russians were using some cheap Michelin knockoff made in China on their big wheeled vehicles and he said from his experience in Africa dealing with the same tires, they are absolute junk and fail constantly. I'm seeing tons of pictures with failed tires.

It's pretty clear from this whole thing that the Russian military is nowhere near the level of the west in modern communications, up to the second intel distribution and logistical capabilities.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by northdude » 10 Mar 2022, 3:45 am

Maybe its done on purpose to draw your attention away from something else...
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by NTSOG » 10 Mar 2022, 6:03 am

wanneroo: "It's pretty clear from this whole thing that the Russian military is nowhere near the level of the west in modern communications, up to the second intel distribution and logistical capabilities."

I suspect also that the basic Russian conscript in the military has all the enthusiasm exhibited by similar conscripts in WW II who were told 'Not one step back!' by good old 'Uncle' Jo Stalin and were often sent charging into battle without a weapon. Many were executed on spurious charges by their own secret police as a form of 'incentivation' for others nearby. I suspect that in this new, 'progressive' Russia similar forms of incentivation are still in operation.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 10 Mar 2022, 11:48 am

All the soldiers need to do is get the equipment into the Ukraine.
Once there, they can abandon ship because they've made it to a free country with a democratically voted leader.

Imagine 2 states of Australia deciding to go to war against each other, 99% of the soldiers wouldn't fight.

Perhaps it's basically like that over there ?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 10 Mar 2022, 12:52 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:All the soldiers need to do is get the equipment into the Ukraine.
Once there, they can abandon ship because they've made it to a free country with a democratically voted leader.

Imagine 2 states of Australia deciding to go to war against each other, 99% of the soldiers wouldn't fight.

Yep, unless WA wanted to invade the rest of us :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 10 Mar 2022, 1:22 pm

bladeracer wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:All the soldiers need to do is get the equipment into the Ukraine.

Yep, unless WA wanted to invade the rest of us :-)

Well they are currently going up against fat boy Clive Palmer.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Mar 2022, 1:31 pm

When Poland offered to hand over their MIG's for Ukraine they got knocked back because Sputin would then see that as an act of war and
really "try" to escalate things (maybe even Nukes)

I can't see a problem if they were accidentally left sitting on one of Poland's air bases near the border,, with "key in the ignition",,,,,,,,
and some Ukranian pilots sneaked over one dark night and stole them.

Poland could jump up and down yelling and screaming that "someone" stole their jets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what a shame eh ? :lol:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 10 Mar 2022, 2:25 pm

Perhaps the convoy stalled due to outrageous fuel prices.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Mar 2022, 2:43 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Perhaps the convoy stalled due to outrageous fuel prices.

Dear Mr Sputin,
We are at the local servo,,,,,, but they've run out of regular fuel, and only have premium.
Should we only get half a tank,,,,, and can we afford that ?????

The servo attendant says we must pay with cash.
Maybe we could push the tanks and trucks to conserve fuel ??
But the big problem is ,,we don't have any WeetBix left.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by womble » 10 Mar 2022, 3:08 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Perhaps the convoy stalled due to outrageous fuel prices.

:lol: Well played
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Mar 2022, 3:15 pm

The diesel is their currency there.
By now it’s all been traded for vodka and hookers.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Mar 2022, 3:45 pm

MEALS ON WHEELS ?

It was late one cold and dark night,,,
When President Vladimir Sputin awoke with a fright.

He'd been dreaming about having a roast lamb meal,,,
And had to access his vegie's, to make it real.

Alas, he realized that it was all in vain,,,
Cos all his little vegies were stuck in the Ukraine.

Stored on a lonely road up amongst the icy ridges,,,
In what can only be called, 40 ton Russian fridges.
Last edited by Die Judicii on 10 Mar 2022, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 10 Mar 2022, 5:50 pm

Die Judicii wrote:It was late one cold and dark night,,,
When President Vladimir Sputin awoke with a fright.

He'd been dreaming about having a roast lamb meal,,,
And had to access his vegie's, to make it real.

Alas, he realized that it was all in vain,,,
Cos all his little vegies were stuck in the Ukraine.

Stored on a lonely road up amongst the icy ridges,,,
In what can only be called, 40 ton Russian fridges.

Yep. I will pay that bit of poetic licence. :)
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Robin » 10 Mar 2022, 6:32 pm

They are all out trying to get McDonald's before it runs out.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Fionn » 11 Mar 2022, 10:11 am

An example of what the Ukraine's are doing to Russian convoy's. Taking out the front vehicles and then the rear making use of a choke point that the Russians point themselves in.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1501859876837986308

The Russians are displaying some very poor military tactics in the Ukraine.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Mar 2022, 4:28 pm

Fionn wrote:An example of what the Ukraine's are doing to Russian convoy's. Taking out the front vehicles and then the rear making use of a choke point that the Russians point themselves in.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1501859876837986308

The Russians are displaying some very poor military tactics in the Ukraine.

The Russians are feeling the pain.

And clearly in breach of international law.

https://theconversation.com/ukraine-wha ... ans-178691
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 11 Mar 2022, 4:50 pm

International law doesn't mean much if you are protected in your own country, at best its retrospect vengeance that or may not happen depending on who wins.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 Mar 2022, 5:04 pm

If he survives we’ll see him at The Hague.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Mar 2022, 5:27 pm

Fionn wrote:International law doesn't mean much if you are protected in your own country, at best its retrospect vengeance that or may not happen depending on who wins.

Correct, that's my view also.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 11 Mar 2022, 5:54 pm

Fionn wrote:International law doesn't mean much if you are protected in your own country, at best its retrospect vengeance that or may not happen depending on who wins.

That's all any law is, a way to prosecute after the fact. Laws prevent nothing.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation