PC issues re incorrect password or account name

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

PC issues re incorrect password or account name

Post by Die Judicii » 29 Mar 2022, 4:21 pm

Not being very tech savvy it has always amused me when,, if entering a wrong or misspelt account name or password the computer
is onto it faster than a Brides knickers come off on the wedding night.

And yet when everything is entered correctly,,,, more often than not the good old PC humms and harrrs, while it thinks about it, and your waiting.

Anyone got the reason why it is so,,,,,,, ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: PC issues re incorrect password or account name

Post by bladeracer » 29 Mar 2022, 4:24 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Not being very tech savvy it has always amused me when,, if entering a wrong or misspelt account name or password the computer

And yet when everything is entered correctly,,,, more often than not the good old PC humms and harrrs, while it thinks about it, and your waiting.

It's checking with the government, government is slow.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Mar 2022, 4:44 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:Not being very tech savvy it has always amused me when,, if entering a wrong or misspelt account name or password the computer

It's checking with the government, government is slow.

:lol:
As firearms owners and people who constantly Google all things firearms, we're all flagged on every watch list going.
It's a real thing. :lol:
They didn't know where to put our details in SA to ensure Police knew when they were dealing with firearms owners (insert "armed and dangerous") so we were all added to the criminal watch list (crim-watch)
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Larry » 29 Mar 2022, 5:12 pm

It depends on what browser you are using but the browsers have a security section that will store usernames and passwords you have to go to that entry and delete it so you can enter new details.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Return to Off topic - General conversation