Guardian Angel ??

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Guardian Angel ??

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Apr 2022, 10:17 pm

If you believe in such or not,,,,,, I'm either extremely lucky, or mine works overtime.
Yesterday I got a 240v Extension lead out to do a job with.
It was coiled up and hanging in the storage.
I plugged it in and turned on the power, then started to reel it out to where needed. (I usually do this in reverse)
As I was doing so I felt a rough jagged patch.
Upon looking it showed that (maybe a mouse) had chewed through the outer layer as well as the active and neutral wires.
My bare fingers slid over both bared wires,,,,,,,, yet I wasn't electrocuted, nor even got a tingle.

I guess it wasn't my time to go.

There has been more than a dozen instances in my past where I have had what should have been a "lights out" experience,, but I'm still here.

Anyone else think they've got something or some-one watching over ???
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Guardian Angel ??

Post by on_one_wheel » 10 Apr 2022, 10:46 pm

I don't think I do, I'm completely certain :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 11 Apr 2022, 3:49 am

I have one for sale if anyone’s interested.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 11 Apr 2022, 8:07 am

Yes many times but the main thing was the selection of the right woman otherwise that is a one way ticket to hell.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by northdude » 11 Apr 2022, 8:23 am

Yes theres definately something else out there at play. Problem is we live in a world where if science cant explain it its not allowed to exist...
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Blr243 » 11 Apr 2022, 7:50 pm

I skied off the edge of a cliff in New Zealand and compressed a vertebrae badly into a different shape. Ever since then and now 25 yrears after that accident my back is and has always been better than it was before the accident ......about twenty years ago I was chasing a dingo on my motorbike flat out across a big sandy flat on cape York .. I was so focused on getting him before he reached the scrub that I did not see a horizontal fallen tree two feet high at the biggest part .. I saw the tree just before I hit it. I thought for sure all those horizontal branches would get tangled up in my front wheel and forks and send me flying head first at high speed breaking my neck. But the dry and the white ants had already done their magic ... the tree disintegrated into dust and I flew straight through it without hardly even feeling it. And I never did catch up to that lucky dog. About 15 and twenty years ago I swam thru and bow hunted in cape York swamps that I thought held no saltwater crocodiles......couple of years later I realised there was quite a few crocs in those holes. Maybe not hungry at the time. I almost shudder when I think about it. Much more careful these days
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 11 Apr 2022, 7:50 pm

Just luck.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 11 Apr 2022, 7:54 pm

Mostly now I think I need no guardian angel but back then something was looking after me many many times in situations not mentioned . Otherwise I would be bloody typing all night
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Shootermick » 11 Apr 2022, 8:05 pm

mchughcb wrote:Yes many times but the main thing was the selection of the right woman otherwise that is a one way ticket to hell.

You did very well to find one of them. A very rare commodity indeed.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Apr 2022, 8:33 pm

Another time,,,, quite some years back now,,,,,
I did something just plain stupid and just not thinking at the time,,,,,,,,, which should have seen me burnt to a crisp.

One of my daughters had a car that gave problems like it was starving for fuel,, inconsistently.
I had replaced or checked everything from the carby right the way back to the fuel pickup in the tank itself.
This being the last possible thing I could check or replace.

So, late one night in the garage I emptied the boot, removed the mat, and then curled up in the boot itself and unscrewed the locking ring
holding the pickup unit itself,,,,,, and removed it.
Looking directly into the 2/3 full tank of leaded fuel,,,,,, everything was in working condition, (no blockages) so I decided to reinstall it.
Then I noticed a lot of grit and fluff on top of the tank itself and around the hole where the gasket had to be re seated.

Without thinking, I reached to the far side of the boot and grabbed the old vacuum cleaner that I had been using earlier and dragged it beside me and vacuumed up all the grit and dust around the opening. :crazy:
As I turned it off,,,, the reality of what I had just done suddenly became apparent.
The sucking of pure petrol fumes right through the vacuum cleaner should have produced one massive explosion,,, but it didn't that night.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 11 Apr 2022, 9:18 pm

My neighbor two doors down attempted to use a vac to suck up spilt petrol. The firefighters tried their best but were unable to save the house
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 11 Apr 2022, 9:46 pm

I worked in a tractor dealership for 7 years that’s owned by a cowboy of Mediterranean decent who’s guardian angels worked in shifts and were all alcoholics from the stress of their job!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Apr 2022, 11:56 pm

Noisydad wrote:I worked in a tractor dealership for 7 years that’s owned by a cowboy of Mediterranean decent who’s guardian angels worked in shifts and were all alcoholics from the stress of their job!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Noisy,,,,,,,,, you don't say much, or often,,,,,,,, but when you do it's GOOD.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation