When is,,, "enough is enough"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: When is,,, "enough is enough"

Post by mchughcb » 02 May 2022, 11:52 am

America has just committed $33B of which $20B is military aid. That total amount is about half of what the Gulf War cost estimate was at the beginning.

America just left around $10B of hardware? in Afghanistan. At this rate they are going to arm the entire world and won't be able to wage a war themselves. Maybe a good thing.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 04 May 2022, 10:25 am

This clip will only make sense to non idiots.
Note the date.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1497638820925247488
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 04 May 2022, 2:38 pm

And if you think closely.... USA is making us do the same with respect to China.

Exactly what I have been saying for ever. It is not in our self interest to go toe to toe with China.... and the whole of Australia is now paying for the actions of our politicians for the last 2/3 years, Ather you agree to it or not
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 May 2022, 6:01 pm

cz515 wrote:And if you think closely.... USA is making us do the same with respect to China.

Exactly what I have been saying for ever. It is not in our self interest to go toe to toe with China.... and the whole of Australia is now paying for the actions of our politicians for the last 2/3 years, Ather you agree to it or not

Perhaps? But we can't "bend over" either as you often suggest.

Don't forget, yanks have troops and facilities on the ground here, not in Ukraine.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 May 2022, 7:13 pm

We would’nt make very good communists anyway.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 May 2022, 8:14 pm

womble wrote:We would’nt make very good communists anyway.

. :drinks:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 05 May 2022, 3:45 am

cz515 wrote:And if you think closely.... USA is making us do the same with respect to China.

Well apparently they were right about the Russians.
What if they’re likewise right about China.
Not that anyone cant see the the obvious, the chinese military build up has been astronomical and its posturing has been offensive. Did’nt really need US intelligence to tell us that. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDlghyG01w
Like all other countries china routinely harasses, we are not ok with it. We dont want their battleships on our coasts and their fighter jets in our airspace.
They all ready sanction us heavily because we haven’t been compliant with the ccp agenda.
They will not intimidate us into submission.
They should go back to their own country :violin:
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 05 May 2022, 7:49 am

Oldbloke wrote:

Don't forget, yanks have troops and facilities on the ground here, not in Ukraine.

No I didn't say that. Again do not make sheet up. Unless ofcourse it's a bit hard to comprehend for you.

Further you have been saying it... and referring to Vaseline. Honestly though, do you even read before you start typing your reply.

Come on tell us :sarcasm:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 05 May 2022, 8:52 am

cz515 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

No I didn't say that. Again do not make sheet up. Unless ofcourse it's a bit hard to comprehend for you.

Further you have been saying it... and referring to Vaseline. Honestly though, do you even read before you start typing your reply.

Come on tell us :sarcasm:

Mate, we know, China can do no wrong in your eyes.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 05 May 2022, 1:09 pm

Ok OB. I never said that.

But I can now see you trolling.

Play the person when you don't have an argument.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 May 2022, 5:55 pm

I'm sure it's more complicated than what we see on the media.

But Pootin was the aggressor. Many thousands have died.

Does that make him a mass murderer? In my books it does. .
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 22 May 2022, 12:20 am

mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 22 May 2022, 11:43 am

mchughcb wrote:Yeah. Right on.

https://youtu.be/dcp0TYx_eUI

Lol. You can't be working.

I'm retired and don't have time to watch over an hour of that crap.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 22 May 2022, 9:42 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

Well you certainly have time to post a lot of the said description.:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 23 May 2022, 7:27 am

mchughcb wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Hahaha good one

Putin, Bush same same

Ohh wait they were brown skinned and muslims so they don't count.... just like all the reporters were saying.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 23 May 2022, 8:08 am

"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 23 May 2022, 8:40 am

mchughcb wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Interesting that you push that video. I think he is older than Biden. You know, the bloke you say is too old. Lol
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 23 May 2022, 9:19 pm

straightshooter wrote:https://twitter.com/i/status/1527092111195226114

Seen that. The ultimate Freudian slip. But it's okay when we do it.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 24 May 2022, 4:21 am

At least wmd’s was more plausible than nazi jews.
At least your average Russian is still far dumber than your average American.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 24 May 2022, 7:02 am

So, it seems that for certain people some varieties of lies are preferable to other varieties of lies.
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 24 May 2022, 12:41 pm

Most all would condemn the lies in both events.
Yet it would seem, some make a feeble attempt to justify one because of the other.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 24 May 2022, 12:48 pm

I think the question in the title could apply to so many of the threads on this forum that just descend into arguments that just go on and on.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by mchughcb » 24 May 2022, 10:13 pm

womble wrote:At least wmd’s was more plausible than nazi jews.
At least your average Russian is still far dumber than your average American.

1. There were no WMD in Iraq when the USA invaded. I was in Stockholm 6 weeks before the invasion talking to Hans Blix nephew at the SAS Raddison who told me as much.

2. The Azov Battalion has its political roots with Banderra and they are the last vestiges of the WWII Nazism.

3. I have met the average Rusdian in Moscow and St Petersberg and the average American from Washington to California from Oregan to Florida. People are smart and dumb everywhere. Or just plain senile.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 26 May 2022, 11:29 pm

Long time no post but wanted to set a few things straight as I have a better idea of the situation in Ukraine then most...
Donbas has never been part of Russia - https://www.rochester.edu/newscenter/uk ... in-513812/
Large numbers of Russians moved into the Donbas region for work and decided they didn't like being part of Ukraine so they started a revolt with Moscow's backing. If China tried the same s**t in Australia you'd be screaming for international assistance and bombing the crap out of them as well.
Crimea was originally occupied by the Turks but lost to Russia before being handed to Ukraine in 1951 so it's legally Ukrainian territory.
There are 4 other NATO member countries bordering Russia so why Ukraine and why now?
Russia signed a security agreement with Ukraine in return for the stockpile of soviet era nuclear weapons.
Nazi claims, Of course there are Nazi fanbois in Ukraine, probably a few more then in Melbourne or Cronulla. The Wagner group and Spartan battalions employed as mercenaries by Putin are run by Nazi wannabes, in fact Wagner was named in honour of Hitler's favourite composer. The Nazi excuse is just propaganda to sell his actions.
Vast reserves of gas and oil were discovered recently in the eastern parts of Ukraine, Russia wants them to protect their energy monopoly over Europe and of course the Americans will spend billions in order keep sleepy Joes kid in a job.
Putin's just another despot dictator no different to any of the others....sooner the prick dies the better.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by womble » 27 May 2022, 3:11 am

Exactly right Brett.
And your complaint service was excellent. I feel much better now.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 27 May 2022, 6:54 am

That's great Brett. No where in your post have you mentioned the Minsk agreements or NATO expansion.

In any case as 40 billion worth of arms floods into Ukraine and the UA surrenders en masse I'm glad the news keeps telling me they are winning the war.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 27 May 2022, 6:56 am

Here is Bush describing how they will fit in Ukraine down to the last Ukrainian.

https://youtu.be/8ADIxTYyJLo
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 27 May 2022, 9:21 am

mchughcb wrote:That's great Brett. No where in your post have you mentioned the Minsk agreements or NATO expansion.

In any case as 40 billion worth of arms floods into Ukraine and the UA surrenders en masse I'm glad the news keeps telling me they are winning the war.

Minsk 1 was a failure with violations on both sides, Minsk 2 was never fully implemented and also a failure once Russian troops crossed the border.

As for NATO - have a read of this https://www.nato.int/nrc-website/media/59451/1997_nato_russia_founding_act.pdf

Surrendering of troops in Mariupol, a great move when viewed tactically as they will be exchanged for Russian prisoners and be back on the front lines in no time. Ukraine will have battle hardened veterans and the canon fodder will go back to expose the lies spread by the dictator.

This will be a war or attrition with the question being will Ukraine run out of soldiers before Russia runs out of weapons?.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 27 May 2022, 9:47 am

Welcome back Brett. Agree with you.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 27 May 2022, 11:43 am

Oldbloke wrote:Welcome back Brett. Agree with you.

Been busy trolling vegans and greenies on FB but still look in here on occasion.
I've spent some time in Ukraine and Russia and as you know, my wife is Ukrainian so this situation hits close to home. We managed to get my mother in-law out of Kherson almost 3 weeks ago which is a massive relief. She has seen first hand with her own eyes the atrocities committed by the Russian military so it's not fake news or propaganda I base my knowledge on.
Aus Titles are back on this year at Warracknabeal late September if you're in the neighbourhood, I'm looking to take out title number 6 :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation