When is,,, "enough is enough"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: When is,,, "enough is enough"

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Jul 2022, 7:01 pm

He walked right into that one :lol:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Jul 2022, 7:11 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:He walked right into that one :lol:

:lol: :clap: :drinks: :friends: :D
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 30 Jul 2022, 1:38 am

Oldbloke wrote:
mchughcb wrote:You think I'm a plumber? God bless your senile little cotton socks.

What can I say? You only ever talk sh1t. It's only natural that I believe that your a plumber.

A couple of my best mates are plumbers and they'd give you the royal flush a long time ago.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 30 Jul 2022, 7:49 am

There's a poker playing plumber joke in there somewhere.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 30 Jul 2022, 10:12 am

Good article. Makes you think and ask the question why.

There is some weird s**t going on last couple of years i think
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 30 Jul 2022, 12:02 pm

straightshooter wrote:Interesting article from our own Caitlin Johnstone.
How come she didn't get included in the Uke persona non grata list?
https://caityjohnstone.medium.com/the-p ... 19fcd9e998

Yep, she'll be on the persona non grata list too soon.

Nobody with any intelligence pours excess of US$60B into one of the most corrupt countries in Europe and not wonder WTF did all that money go? Senator Rand Paul asked for some oversight of the money being spent and was immediately blacklisted.

I can understand if private companies wanted to pull out of Russia if they thought it was "morally right" whatever that means in a capitalist society to shareholders or they thought that the Russian's were going to nationalize their assets which is definitely not the case.

If Russia and Ukraine can agree with Turkey to export grain during a "special military operation", it makes me wonder WTF the EU is doing with the sanctions on oil, gas and fertilizers? Who exactly is it hurting because grain is now going to Africa and and the other products are going to whoever wants to buy them at a discount price, ie China and India who DGAF about the EU.

The black banning of RT on SBS then on Youtube is like 1984. Russia retreats west and Ukraine advances to Poland. My cousins in europe told me that the Azov Battalion was evacuated from the steel factory because that's what the press said. I pointed out when people are walking out, with white flags, laying down their guns and getting on a bus headed back to occupied territory, most people would consider that a surrender and the POW are taking their chances with the enemy.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 30 Jul 2022, 1:59 pm

@Mchughcb

I have to ask this mate, most of your responses on here have been either sarky knocking of other's comments, that's fair game, or what seems like a laissez faire sort of attitude to the Russian invasion of a sovereign neighbour.

Can you give us your actual serious opinion, because from what I read, it seems like if you had the say you'd let putin have Europe just to save the effort of trying to prevent it.

If you do think that, that's also fair enough, everyone has a view but it would be easier to know whether you are joking about or really are a sympathiser of the Tzar, which of course is also your right, if you actually stated a position rather than just derision.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 30 Jul 2022, 2:21 pm

Lazarus wrote:@Mchughcb

I have to ask this mate, most of your responses on here have been either sarky knocking of other's comments, that's fair game, or what seems like a laissez faire sort of attitude to the Russian invasion of a sovereign neighbour.

Can you give us your actual serious opinion, because from what I read, it seems like if you had the say you'd let putin have Europe just to save the effort of trying to prevent it.

If you do think that, that's also fair enough, everyone has a view but it would be easier to know whether you are joking about or really are a sympathiser of the Tzar, which of course is also your right, if you actually stated a position rather than just derision.

You shouldn't give a poop what I think. Anymore than I give a poop what some dribbling old person who has trouble finding his slippers in the morning thinks.

I've travelled and worked enough overseas that I don't have my head up my arse when it comes to believing whatever the governments tell me.

Make up your own mind.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Jul 2022, 3:07 pm

Lazarus,
The above response to your question is typical.
You can't believe anything he says. He is only here to stir sh1t. Typical plumber.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 30 Jul 2022, 3:16 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Lazarus,
You can't believe anything he says. He is only here to stir sh1t. Typical plumber.

Well OB,

I was trying to be polite as possible, but yeah, I think oldmate lives under a bridge too.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 30 Jul 2022, 3:27 pm

mchughcb wrote:

You shouldn't give a poop what I think. Anymore than I give a poop what some dribbling old person who has trouble finding his slippers in the morning thinks.

I've travelled and worked enough overseas that I don't have my head up my arse when it comes to believing whatever the governments tell me.

Make up your own mind.

You just made up my mind.

Of course I "give a poop" what others think and feel, only sociopathic individuals don't.

As such a worldy globetrotter, if you don't believe governments and you don't believe the media and you don't believe and bag everything anyone else says......just where do you get your information to become such an expert?

My suspicion is that it's from an opening that doesn't see much sunlight.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 30 Jul 2022, 4:00 pm

I can believe whatever you like just corn pop.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 30 Jul 2022, 4:07 pm

Lazarus wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

Make up your own mind.

You just made up my mind.

Of course I "give a poop" what others think and feel, only sociopathic individuals don't.

As such a worldy globetrotter, if you don't believe governments and you don't believe the media and you don't believe and bag everything anyone else says......just where do you get your information to become such an expert?

My suspicion is that it's from an opening that doesn't see much sunlight.

Well your mind is made up. That's great so I don't have to discuss my life story for you have an opinion.

Meanwhile the Russian line moves West.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 30 Jul 2022, 4:10 pm

5th shot is now available. Avoid the rush.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 30 Jul 2022, 4:58 pm

mchughcb wrote:
Well your mind is made up. That's great so I don't have to discuss my life story for you have an opinion.

Meanwhile the Russian line moves West.

What a surprise retreat under cover of sarcasm instead of answering.

That confirms my suspicion of your source.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Jul 2022, 5:39 pm

Lazarus wrote:

Well OB,

I was trying to be polite as possible, but yeah, I think oldmate lives under a bridge too.

Yes, you were very polite.
For my opinion, read the first sentence in my signature. :)

Along similar lines for CZ as well.

You might note, it's rare if at all they post about firearms. Just politics.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 30 Jul 2022, 6:11 pm

Your signature is fantastic. It's too bad you have no time for self reflection.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Jul 2022, 3:56 am

Ros Atkins video seems to make sense

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62363225
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 01 Aug 2022, 12:42 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_ ... ime_change

I think this a good and relevant read, and might explain why the most of the world openly or behind closed door hates on America and its foreign policies.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 01 Aug 2022, 12:53 pm

Reads more like a summary for what we owe America immense gratitude.
Excluding fascists, communists and other losers.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 02 Aug 2022, 9:05 am

womble wrote:Reads more like a summary for what we owe America immense gratitude.
Excluding fascists, communists and other losers.

One of those "regime changes" was here in Australia womble.

Since the dismissal of the Whitlam government and the destruction of Gough's plan to nationalise our mineral wealth extraction we have received between 11 and 15% of their value.

You really think we should be greatful for that?
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by womble » 02 Aug 2022, 9:20 am

Point taken. That was definitely orchestrated by cia
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 02 Aug 2022, 9:48 am

I've done some further reading since posting that last.

It was primarily about minerals, just like the coup the Americans and British pulled off in Iran in 1953 but it was Gough's demands for inclusion in the intel loop surrounding Pine Gap that got them moving to orchestrate the coup.

Their collective fckery in Iran took down a moderate secular government and replaced it with a puppet monarchy run system that was so corrupt and brutal that it led directly to the revolution and the Mullahs.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 02 Aug 2022, 10:17 am

The point simply put is America has installed puppets and dictators in countries all over the world to benefit not its own people.. but it's corporations and some individuals.

So the question is what benefit you, I or womble gets from this. NOTHING

And then the second question when these dictators kill millions of people, whos hand is the blood on?

Yes its on America and those who support American policies. So every dictator creates a generation of people that hate America for what it is. And thats how terrorist are born.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 02 Aug 2022, 10:23 am

So what does my rant have to do with Ukraine.

America installed a corrupt government in Ukraine and then gotbit to do the dirty work to goat Russia. Russia has for years been warning and trying to start a dialogue with Ukraine about its actions.

In the end it's not you or I or or children who will die or suffer from this war. But young people in Ukraine and Russia... all the while some old people make more money on all sides
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Aug 2022, 12:55 pm

America didn't install the current government in Ukraine. They held elections as always.
The CIA helped remove the malware from their election ballot. It would have, as always, ensured the pro Russian candidate won.
Not this time.
They got free and fair representation and they actually got who they voted for. 70% of the vote from memory.
I believe Russian state media had even briefly televised the rigged results they had planned too.
So f*** Russia
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 02 Aug 2022, 1:36 pm

womble wrote:So f*** Russia

Yes, with a broken bottle, repeatedly and with extreme vigour.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 02 Aug 2022, 2:08 pm

womble wrote:America didn't install the current government in Ukraine. They held elections as always.
The CIA helped remove the malware from their election ballot. It would have, as always, ensured the pro Russian candidate won.
Not this time.
They got free and fair representation and they actually got who they voted for. 70% of the vote from memory.
I believe Russian state media had even briefly televised the rigged results they had planned too.
So f*** Russia

Yes and i am sure Saddam Hussein said the same thing when he came to power.
Only a couple of months ago, the ousted PM who was democratically elected leader of Pakistan decried american involvement. His party was elected first time. He was replaced by politicians that still had criminal cases involving corruption against them.

America never supports dictators and corrupt leaders.... seriously need yo open your eyes to what happens in real world womble
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 02 Aug 2022, 3:31 pm

I'm with you part of the way there CZ, but let's be balanced.

Yes 'Merica has done, is doing and will no doubt continue to impose it's particular brand of fckery wherever it sees a profit margin, but it isn't universally malevolent by any means.

They did help the Ukrainians get rid of a corrupt pro-Putin puppet, but the Maidan revolution was driven by Ukrainians for their own benefit.

Yes, it benefits NATO. It benefits everybody but putin.

They're like a broken clock, they're not often right but occasionally they point in the right direction.

To be vomitously fair to putin though, the Americans would sh!t bricks, just like in 1961, if putin wanted to make an ally of Mexico.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by womble » 02 Aug 2022, 4:25 pm

cz515 wrote:
womble wrote:America didn't install the current government in Ukraine. They held elections as always.
Not this time.
So f*** Russia

Yes and i am sure Saddam Hussein said the same thing when he came to power.
Only a couple of months ago, the ousted PM who was democratically elected leader of Pakistan decried american involvement. His party was elected first time. He was replaced by politicians that still had criminal cases involving corruption against them.

America never supports dictators and corrupt leaders.... seriously need yo open your eyes to what happens in real world womble

Is this somehow relevant :unknown:
America is working on the other side of the coin here. As in, aiding the resistance of a foreign incursion and an attempted overthrow of the government to install a puppet regime.
I say this. Russia can eat a big dick.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation