When is,,, "enough is enough"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: When is,,, "enough is enough"

Post by cz515 » 21 Apr 2022, 10:55 am

mchughcb wrote:Second post , some self described idiot is saying someone should give Ukraine ordinance to hit Moscow. Well only one country is capable of that, the same one that just sent a couple of billion to them. So I guess some self described idiot really wants the USA to start WW3.

And if I remember correctly they really want Australia to get nuclear weapons (I am still not sure but they keep saying in 1970s Australia were offered, just conveniently forgetting how the world had moved on in 50 years) so that Australia can pre-emptively lob it at China... this starting ww3.

Womble, again don't put words in my mouth, i didn't say someone specific. And how is it not relevant? It's a country invading another sovereign country to install their puppet government... or is Russia gone to play a friendly soccer match? :roll:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 21 Apr 2022, 10:56 am

I apologise for moving the conversation in this thread to a level more appropriate for 'grownups' in trying to look at the overall picture without resort to repetition of simplistics.
This is my opinion.
The No. 1 anxiety for the US at present and for the foreseeable future is how to contain or truncate the growth of China as a regional hegemon without impairing or losing China as a source of cheap manufactures readily obtainable for US dollars. Inexpensive manufactures from China being a foundation in recent times of US prosperity from worldwide value added resale.
The US has been watching the slow but relentless development of a trading block being built on BRICS.
At the same time the US has been watching the ever increasing dependence and interconnection of Europe with Russia and China promoting the anxiety that this too is contributing to China's development as a regional hegemon.
Along come the frictions between Ukraine and Russia (whether naturally occurring or brought about through external forces or both) that present a golden opportunity for the US to achieve it's aims. That is to antagonise Europe against Russia permanently if possible or indefinitely if not. Thereby preventing a Eurasian hegemonic block.
Each of the actors is behaving quite rationally in response the apparent provocations or demands of other actors and Ukraine has proven to be the perfect foil.
Remarkably, at this point in time this process looks like it will play out at little to no cost to the US in terms of blood and treasure.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 21 Apr 2022, 4:20 pm

cz515 wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Second post , some self described idiot is saying someone should give Ukraine ordinance to hit Moscow. Well only one country is capable of that, the same one that just sent a couple of billion to them. So I guess some self described idiot really wants the USA to start WW3.

And if I remember correctly they really want Australia to get nuclear weapons (I am still not sure but they keep saying in 1970s Australia were offered, just conveniently forgetting how the world had moved on in 50 years) so that Australia can pre-emptively lob it at China... this starting ww3.

Womble, again don't put words in my mouth, i didn't say someone specific. And how is it not relevant? It's a country invading another sovereign country to install their puppet government... or is Russia gone to play a friendly soccer match? :roll:

Then be specific. Draw us a link between the Vietnam war and the Russian invasion for example.
And nobody has been praising or in any way condoning America’s past atrocities, yet you keep asserting we are.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 21 Apr 2022, 5:20 pm

straightshooter wrote:I apologise for moving the conversation in this thread to a level more appropriate for 'grownups' in trying to look at the overall picture without resort to repetition of simplistics.
This is my opinion.
The No. 1 anxiety for the US at present and for the foreseeable future is how to contain or truncate the growth of China as a regional hegemon without impairing or losing China as a source of cheap manufactures readily obtainable for US dollars. Inexpensive manufactures from China being a foundation in recent times of US prosperity from worldwide value added resale.
The US has been watching the slow but relentless development of a trading block being built on BRICS.
At the same time the US has been watching the ever increasing dependence and interconnection of Europe with Russia and China promoting the anxiety that this too is contributing to China's development as a regional hegemon.
Along come the frictions between Ukraine and Russia (whether naturally occurring or brought about through external forces or both) that present a golden opportunity for the US to achieve it's aims. That is to antagonise Europe against Russia permanently if possible or indefinitely if not. Thereby preventing a Eurasian hegemonic block.
Each of the actors is behaving quite rationally in response the apparent provocations or demands of other actors and Ukraine has proven to be the perfect foil.
Remarkably, at this point in time this process looks like it will play out at little to no cost to the US in terms of blood and treasure.

No need to apologise. Germany is stopping oil imports by the end of the year and phasing out gas by 2030. Last time Putin turned off the gas because Ukraine was stealing gas and not paying the USA stepped in and said it could supply it all. The OPEC aren't producing much more and Biden ended the USA chance for export over his green ideals. If the EU ties up Russia then they can focus on the East.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 21 Apr 2022, 5:37 pm

womble wrote:Then be specific. Draw us a link between the Vietnam war and the Russian invasion for example.
And nobody has been praising or in any way condoning America’s past atrocities, yet you keep asserting we are.

Again I never said Vietnam. And I have explained Iraq/Afghanistan as two examples. If you still need assistance, I think you need to talk to a doctor who might be able to help you.

Unless ofcourse your intention is to troll
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2022, 5:43 pm

Ummm, your forgetting. Russia is bombing the fuk out of Ukrainian cities. Russia invaded Ukraine, not the reverse.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. You know eye for an eye. ;) so does CZ. :)

Are you saying Ukraine has no right to hit back???

You must be a saint, judhing by your posts if someone king hits you, you will ask for their forgiveness. And present you chin for another king hit.
Ha, ha, ha.

You think I'm an idiot. Mmmm I think your just a s**t stirring trolling cok head. With the IQ of a plumber. Stick to stirring sewerage in septic tanks. Just be careful of the methane. Suggest you use a match to check. :)

Cheers
Last edited by Oldbloke on 21 Apr 2022, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 21 Apr 2022, 5:45 pm

By supplying arms what we are saying is its fine for your young people to die, we are happy to arm you... so now for, but will not let our young people in harms way
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 21 Apr 2022, 6:12 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Yes, I'm an idiot.

Honesty is the best policy :lol:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 21 Apr 2022, 6:19 pm

cz515 wrote:Come on both of you.

What I find funny is how we hate on one country when another has been doing exactly the same for the last 20... 70 years. Where were the bleeding hearts when America attacked.
Vietnam
Iraq - no WMD were ever there, and they knew it.
Cuba/Mexico
Japan - we need to drop nuclear bombs to teach them a lesson
Syria - and ISIS funny how Isis never existed before Saddam.
Afghanistan - well the CIA says, it was Osama Bin Laden, but OBL was found in pakistan.... ahh fk it let's kill them anyway

OB and Co will just clap their hands and say America is great

I used your first example, Vietnam.
From memory it was the “bleeding hearts” that ended it.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2022, 6:24 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

Ummm, your forgetting. Russia is bombing the fuk out of Ukrainian cities. Russia invaded Ukraine, not the reverse.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. You know eye for an eye. ;) so does CZ. :)

You must be a saint, judhing by your posts if someone king hits you, you will ask for their forgiveness. And present you chin for another king hit.
Ha, ha, ha.

You think I'm an idiot. Mmmm I think your just a s**t stirring trolling cok head. With the IQ of a plumber. Stick to stirring sewerage in septic tanks. Just be careful of the methane. Suggest you use a match to check. :)

Cheers

Just a reminder for someone with a low IQ.

Cheers.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2022, 6:41 pm

Oh no, no, don't threaten Moscow with conventional artillery or missiles.

Who is intimidating who?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pu ... ar-AAUMdF3

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-61170853

"President Putin said it was food for thought for those who try to threaten Russia"
Last edited by Oldbloke on 21 Apr 2022, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 21 Apr 2022, 6:44 pm

cz515 wrote:By supplying arms what we are saying is its fine for your young people to die, we are happy to arm you... so now for, but will not let our young people in harms way

They are prepared to die for their country whether we help them or not.
What would it say of us if we did’nt help them.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 21 Apr 2022, 6:47 pm

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 21 Apr 2022, 9:29 pm

Oldbloke wrote:You think I'm an idiot.
Cheers

Confucius says, a small hint is enough for an intelligent person. But some need it to be repeated multiple times :sarcasm:
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 21 Apr 2022, 9:32 pm

womble wrote:Image

Not sure if that's Australian... but if it was a perfect example of how Australian taxpayers and government are killing people
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 21 Apr 2022, 11:56 pm

cz515 wrote:
womble wrote:Image

Not sure if that's Australian... but if it was a perfect example of how Australian taxpayers and government are killing people

I bought a legacy badge yesterday. I asked the soldier who worked on maintenance on tanks what he thought. He said that the bushmasters were only for ambulance services only and wouldn't last a second against a tank or russian artillery. He said they can only perform humanitarian services. As far as he knew the Australians were not putting any ordinance on them.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 21 Apr 2022, 11:57 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Ha, ha, ha.

Cheers

Cheers.

Repeated by with someone with dementia :roll:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 22 Apr 2022, 4:01 am

Maybe you should google the Australian flag cz15.
But ok genius. How would you suggest we prevent the genocide of the Ukrainian people without arming them ?
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 22 Apr 2022, 4:14 am

Signed up 1949. We are a little late to this party.
However, we are party to it and obligated to act.
http://www.preventgenocide.org/law/domestic/australia.htm

In fact we can be proud to say the bushmasters were only a small part of our overall efforts. We are doing everything we can to help them.
https://www.pm.gov.au/media/additional-support-ukraine
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 22 Apr 2022, 4:30 am

I know where i live. Proud to say I’m in the green. Would rather be blue but we cant be trusted with nukes because convicts.
Where are you from cz15 ?
( Everyone in grey is weak as piss / cowards )

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Apr 2022, 6:54 am

mchughcb wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Ha, ha, ha.

Cheers

Cheers.

Repeated by with someone with dementia :roll:

Good idea to repeat it for yourself. Acts like your diary. :thumbsup:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 22 Apr 2022, 7:53 am

That's funny ambulance drivers. :lol:
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Apr 2022, 10:42 am

womble wrote:I know where i live. Proud to say I’m in the green. Would rather be blue but we cant be trusted with nukes because convicts.

I wonder why they didn't shade Australia blue ?
Surely our partnership agreement still stands?
How many ather NATO members on that map have been misrepresented?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Apr 2022, 11:42 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
womble wrote:I know where i live. Proud to say I’m in the green. Would rather be blue but we cant be trusted with nukes because convicts.

I wonder why they didn't shade Australia blue ?
Surely our partnership agreement still stands?
How many ather NATO members on that map have been misrepresented?

OZ is not a NATO member. We are an ANZUS member. Not same.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/nato_countries.htm
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 22 Apr 2022, 1:27 pm

We still have the partnership agreement
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Apr 2022, 5:22 pm

womble wrote:We still have the partnership agreement

Ummm, WTF is that?

OK, just found it.

Basically agree to cooperate. Not same as full membership
OZ should probably apply to join NATO IMO.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 22 Apr 2022, 6:37 pm

Would be difficult to relocate the continent to the North Atlantic.
However, would be worth it to hunt elk and wild boar.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 23 Apr 2022, 3:45 pm

Does anybody really care that Jacinda Ardern supports Ukraine?

China 1.4B
India 1.4B
Pakistan 0.2B
Brazil 0.2B
Mexico 0.13B
Philippines 0.11B
Iran 0.08B
South Africa 0.06B

3.6 Billion don't want to take sides. That's lot piss week people. That's half the world's population and excludes those that do support the war or about 50%.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 23 Apr 2022, 5:10 pm

Well yes, because she speaks for New Zealand. She is their prime minister.

Support for the war is in red. Tiny minority of cesspools that depend on russia.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 23 Apr 2022, 5:22 pm

Dang of those in green, how many are governments forced into they people by CIA

Idd say owner in Africa :lol:
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation