When is,,, "enough is enough"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: When is,,, "enough is enough"

Post by straightshooter » 04 Jul 2022, 8:28 am

Simply looking at the membership of the board of this think tank (??) reveals all.
Much the same names as Project for the New American Century such as Kristol and Kagan (Nuland's husband).
Can one expect a nuanced even handed analysis, you gotta be kidding.
The clear US aim is to "bleed" Russia by expending every last Uke they can.
Womble, I acknowledge your patriotic fervour but I can't see tactical retreat after tactical retreat leading to any form of recovery of territory, let alone victory, irrespective of any of the morale boosting propaganda spread on the internet.
The real winners will be any countries that are best able to survive the consequences of the worldwide energy, commodity and food scarcities that are now in the process of manifesting themselves.
edit
I forgot to add "because of Putin" to the last sentence.
Last edited by straightshooter on 04 Jul 2022, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 04 Jul 2022, 8:45 am

Exactly SS, in the end it's the poor and young who suffer.

If we look at news, listen to radio or tv we are now hearing two things, interest rates going up, and price of energy going up.

Electricity is up, as price of coal is up
Prices of LNG/LPG are going up ridiculously.
We already seeing the price increase in oil

Just wait until europe tries to weans itself off Russian oil and gas come winter.... the prices will jump by 50 to 100%.

Yes Germany is still buying Russian oil and gas, India is still buying Russian oil. We already know about China.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 04 Jul 2022, 8:50 am

I'm starting to think another way of looking at this is that Russia will bleed NATO. They will throw more of their gear in there with zero chance of training and co-ordination and it will just be captured or destroyed and it will be the EU who have depleted their stocks. Then what is the EU and Ursula going to do? There is no way that the US will get into a land war in Europe so what are they going to do, threaten Russia with nukes? You got to be kidding.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 04 Jul 2022, 9:48 am

There are plenty of intelligent commentaries available on the internet regarding the effects of the Project for the New American Century.
The key, as described by Mearsheimer, is that the US cannot tolerate the emergence of a regional hegemon in competition to the US. This at first hearing it appears to be aimed at China but in my opinion the real fear for the US is a coalescing of the interests of the EU, Russia and China due to interdependency in raw materials, energy and other trade. In this case the linchpin is Russia so that is where remedial effort must be concentrated.
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 04 Jul 2022, 11:08 am

straightshooter wrote:

Simply looking at the membership of the board of this think tank (??) reveals all.
Much the same names as Project for the New American Century such as Kristol and Kagan (Nuland's husband).
Can one expect a nuanced even handed analysis, you gotta be kidding.
The clear US aim is to "bleed" Russia by expending every last Uke they can.
Womble, I acknowledge your patriotic fervour but I can't see tactical retreat after tactical retreat leading to any form of recovery of territory, let alone victory, irrespective of any of the morale boosting propaganda spread on the internet.
The real winners will be any countries that are best able to survive the consequences of the worldwide energy, commodity and food scarcities that are now in the process of manifesting themselves.
edit
I forgot to add "because of Putin" to the last sentence.

For the most part it’s the army that’s 10 times the size that’s been doing the retreating.
It’s a very unique war indeed.
Tanks are nearly obsolete. The Russians are sending in t62,s now because that’s all they have left. 50 year old soviet junk.
Superior air power dose’nt control the skies anymore. That’s a huge wake up call for all.
Even the most conservative estimates claim orc casualties nearly double the home team.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=143&v=MZDuqTC-0QU&ebc=ANyPxKqsVAOIvHfZJL5OWWVD93reOvz6-c080BFiyz4OaUeXZbmY-pQuoehBALYYZQkFU_oEzbqgD_Ye1-q1nMVkQFz-l8DMTg&feature=emb_logo
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Jul 2022, 11:19 am

This isn’t going anywhere unless Russia can establish another flank.
Belarus at face value give all support but no action. A few cardboard decoy tanks on the border as intimidation.
Time is the play here. Worked for Afghanistan. Every single time.
Russia is dissolving in the background. Starting to bite at home. Running out of answers and can’t find any allies.
The Chinese will be loving this. But they sure as hell won’t make that apparent.
They now now with clear certainty that militarily Russia is no contest to them.
Last edited by womble on 04 Jul 2022, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Jul 2022, 2:49 pm

mchughcb wrote:I'm starting to think another way of looking at this is that Russia will bleed NATO. They will throw more of their gear in there with zero chance of training and co-ordination and it will just be captured or destroyed and it will be the EU who have depleted their stocks. Then what is the EU and Ursula going to do? There is no way that the US will get into a land war in Europe so what are they going to do, threaten Russia with nukes? You got to be kidding.

Yours is a particularly bizarre assessment.
Nato standard includes the best training and discipline in the world.
Nato has grown stronger because of this miscalculated invasion. Picking up 5 more countries and a far larger presence on Russia’s borders. There’s a new Cold War following this that we must invest heavily in.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Jul 2022, 3:12 pm

Correction, not cardboard but made from wood. These are the decoy tanks Belarus has placed on the border to fool the satellites :lol:
Ffs they could have modelled them on something more modern than a t34 .
Lukashenko has no choices. Do as Putin says and face a military coup at home. His commanders have made that clear in open letters. He just keeps saluting and praising Putin and hoping this all goes away soon.

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 04 Jul 2022, 3:32 pm

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote:I'm starting to think another way of looking at this is that Russia will bleed NATO. They will throw more of their gear in there with zero chance of training and co-ordination and it will just be captured or destroyed and it will be the EU who have depleted their stocks. Then what is the EU and Ursula going to do? There is no way that the US will get into a land war in Europe so what are they going to do, threaten Russia with nukes? You got to be kidding.

Yours is a particularly bizarre assessment.
Nato standard includes the best training and discipline in the world.
Nato has grown stronger because of this miscalculated invasion. Picking up 5 more countries and a far larger presence on Russia’s borders. There’s a new Cold War following this that we must invest heavily in.

You should compare the EU and Russia military.
Without the US they aren't going to travel so well in a conventional war. The US is pouring billions in at the moment and it's not making much of a difference.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 04 Jul 2022, 3:40 pm

womble wrote:Correction, not cardboard but made from wood. These are the decoy tanks Belarus has placed on the border to fool the satellites :lol:
Lukashenko has no choices. Do as Putin says and face a military coup at home. His commanders have made that clear in open letters. He just keeps saluting and praising Putin and hoping this all goes away soon.

Remember when the US left Kabul and they ran out of seats but there was plenty of room on the wings and landing gear. Remember how after billions of dollars training and 20 years the army collapsed in a week. Compare that to putin leaving kadyrov in chechnya. He's still going after years. In fact enough to send his own squad in there to raise the flag over lysychansk administration building.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Jul 2022, 4:07 pm

I don't think anyone anticipates a similar withdrawal from Ukraine.
Putin would never negotiate the terms as badly as Trump did.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 04 Jul 2022, 7:44 pm

womble wrote:Correction, not cardboard but made from wood. These are the decoy tanks Belarus has placed on the border to fool the satellites :lol:

Do you even make an attempt to tell the truth mate...or just making things up as you go along to troll. This picture as you said is a tank made from wood, but made by a tajik chippy, not Belarus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-fro ... e-48227887
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 04 Jul 2022, 7:47 pm

womble wrote:I don't think anyone anticipates a similar withdrawal from Ukraine.

Because Putin is only going where he's got a lot of support. Not many wanted the Americans there except corrupt warlords and politicians.

There is a sizeable part of Ukraine who don't mind being an autonomous Republic aligned with Russia for , language, religion, currency, energy and defence.

Big difference compared to Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 05 Jul 2022, 8:55 am

How long before Bukmat and Kramatorsk go now, a week, a fortnight? The russians have plenty of momentum now.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 05 Jul 2022, 11:40 am

mchughcb wrote:
womble wrote:I don't think anyone anticipates a similar withdrawal from Ukraine.

Because Putin is only going where he's got a lot of support. Not many wanted the Americans there except corrupt warlords and politicians.

There is a sizeable part of Ukraine who don't mind being an autonomous Republic aligned with Russia for , language, religion, currency, energy and defence.

Big difference compared to Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan.

That’s true
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 06 Jul 2022, 9:19 am

Ukraine governor orders evacuation of 350,000 from donestsk oblast. Well i hope they don't smash the place as bad as mariupol.

Latest reports say 12% of buildings in lysychansk damaged. So they can rebuild that quickly. Russian outlets reported about 5600 dead or wounded UAplus a huge amount of heavy weapons in the last 2 weeks of fighting in luhansk. This war is turning fast
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 06 Jul 2022, 11:38 am

straightshooter wrote:The real winners will be any countries that are best able to survive the consequences of the worldwide energy, commodity and food scarcities that are now in the process of manifesting themselves.

All created by the Malthusian WEF and their lackeys.

The Netherlands is a great example with what is going on there.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by mchughcb » 06 Jul 2022, 4:59 pm

Yep it's insane
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mickb » 06 Jul 2022, 7:37 pm

Soon inflation at home is going to be at a level even media distractions like this war arent going to stick. Meat, metals, textiles, chemicals, tech, even insurance, lets just cut to the chase and say everything is on the rise as of the last 12-18months.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by mchughcb » 06 Jul 2022, 8:11 pm

Putin is being blamed for everything. Albo is blaming him for power crisis in the Australia. Biden is blaming him for inflation.

Everybody needs somebody to blame. Australia wanted to blame Doko 6 months ago and yet no vax tourists are arriving by the millions.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 07 Jul 2022, 3:37 am

I also blame putin for the weather and our public health care crisis.

Another truck load of fertiliser snapped headed for the front. Must have run out of apc’s too.

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 07 Jul 2022, 7:51 am

Well Russia just took out 2 of the 4 US HIMARS. Just keep sending them and they will get knocked out.

BoJo is just about out. If the next PM hasn't the economic stomach to keep sending ordnance that keeps getting wiped out the EU side of support is going to collapse quickly. Then its just up to Brandon and his handlers.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 07 Jul 2022, 8:34 am

womble wrote:I also blame putin for the weather and our public health care crisis.

Another truck load of fertiliser snapped headed for the front. Must have run out of apc’s too.

I don't seem to be able to find any instances of your picture anywhere else on the internet.
Is it my lack of skill or is it a 'unique' product of hope?
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 07 Jul 2022, 8:45 am

Pictures from reddit group womble is on.

Here is a funny one, in Victoria animal manure has been declared as industrial waste. So a very important and cheap form of organic manure that was used by market gardens etc can no longer be used as it is put in same category as asbestos and heavy metals and oil waste.

This includes sheep manure, chicken poo and cow manure.

This must be due to putin as well. Esp when prices of chemical fertiliser has sky rocketed.

Honda make your veggies more expensive.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 07 Jul 2022, 12:59 pm

Costs blow-out on Snowy 2.0 is being blamed on Putin as they argue that red tape, steel prices in last 12 months has increased plus the lack of fly in/out workers.

Putin has become the reason for fiscal mismanagement and the green costs are coming home to roost.

Penny Wong advises China to get Russia to stop. Pfffft. Jacinda Ardern says the UN is broken and demands Russia be held to account.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mickb » 07 Jul 2022, 4:13 pm

I watched logistics cost jump almost 800% internationally and that peak hit probably 12 months ago. I was importing steel at 20% more just 10 months into covid. Meat started to climb around the same time. Metals, resins, textiles, food ingredients, chemicals, working as a sourcer for large businesses I see jumps in raw materials every 1-3 months. One of the major frozen fruits suppliers( which go into your yoghurts, icecreams etc etc) jumped almost 40% in one quarter! Did Putin start raiding south american fruit plantations before he invaded Ukraine? :lol:
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by cz515 » 07 Jul 2022, 4:25 pm

Hahaha... he probably did mate.

And he's why libs lost the last election
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 07 Jul 2022, 6:42 pm

mickb wrote:I watched logistics cost jump almost 800% internationally and that peak hit probably 12 months ago. I was importing steel at 20% more just 10 months into covid. Meat started to climb around the same time. Metals, resins, textiles, food ingredients, chemicals, working as a sourcer for large businesses I see jumps in raw materials every 1-3 months. One of the major frozen fruits suppliers( which go into your yoghurts, icecreams etc etc) jumped almost 40% in one quarter! Did Putin start raiding south american fruit plantations before he invaded Ukraine? :lol:

I read today in the Fin Review that Putin is the reason that Snow Hydro 2.0 costs have ballooned out.

I had to read it again, and think I'm not what is more stupid, either the spokesperson or the stupid reporter.

Right up there with the cost of energy on the east cost being blamed on Putin by Albo.

FFS. Putin is responsible for every calamity at the moment. He even said he thought the world gives him too much credit for the power he wields, in reality he can't stop a global recession or the USA printing money.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 07 Jul 2022, 6:45 pm

I'm sure Zelensky will be ringing Boris tonight to ask for more weapons, er wait, hold that.

Now Albanese has committed $400M worth of aid to Ukraine, the largest non NATO aid. However his big support Boris gone he's now wondering do I hold them bushmasters for NSW and am I going to war for Brandon.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 08 Jul 2022, 2:50 am

Support from all countries is bipartisan. Likewise in public polling.
Boris checking out won’t weaken resolve. Looks like their defence minister Ben Wallace will be the new guy. He’s very much up to speed.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation