When is,,, "enough is enough"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: When is,,, "enough is enough"

Post by womble » 26 Jun 2022, 6:29 am

A war of attrition in a country the size of Afghanistan.
Despite waving Satan 2 in our faces at every opportunity, their real objective is to is to keep the pressure on until 2024 US elections.
They’re putting everything into re-electing trump now so they can dissolve NATO.
And that is why you get nothing but Russian propaganda on all your social media platforms, far right, conservative, christian.
There’s your reality.
Republicans won’t run with trump again anyway. They don’t want him anymore. Get over it.
Besides the focus on 2024 elections is women’s rights now. So we’re kinda doomed to 50 years of lib dems.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 26 Jun 2022, 6:55 am

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote:
straightshooter wrote:Latest reports suggest that Germany and France are dangling the bait of EU membership to Ukraine in order to get Ukraine to capitulate as soon as possible.
This will allow a return to "business as usual" with a rehabilitated Russia.

Its never going to happen. The EU membership will take years. Germany is going into meltdown come winter if they have no gas. If Russia encircles the best troops Ukraine threw at them in the Donbass then the might still do a Barbarosa to Kiev before winter.The only EU membership is to a former state.

Just stared summer now. Different hemisphere. It’s complicated :D

Winter is in 6 months in the northern hemisphere. Summer there is no pressure for gas heating but every day this drags on the pressure will build to resolve its before its a real crisis and people freeze to death in their homes.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 26 Jun 2022, 6:57 am

I just heard another 1800 Ukrainians surrendered at severodonesk. The are getting encircled quickly now.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 26 Jun 2022, 7:13 am

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote:
straightshooter wrote:Latest reports suggest that Germany and France are dangling the bait of EU membership to Ukraine in order to get Ukraine to capitulate as soon as possible.
This will allow a return to "business as usual" with a rehabilitated Russia.

Its never going to happen. The EU membership will take years. Germany is going into meltdown come winter if they have no gas. If Russia encircles the best troops Ukraine threw at them in the Donbass then the might still do a Barbarosa to Kiev before winter.The only EU membership is to a former state.

Just stared summer now. Different hemisphere. It’s complicated :D

Womble you seemed to have missed the word CAPITULATE (by inference, to Russia) and what outcome it may produce.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 26 Jun 2022, 10:40 am

I did, then you're correct
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Jun 2022, 10:44 am

mchughcb wrote:I just heard another 1800 Ukrainians surrendered at severodonesk. The are getting encircled quickly now.

Surrendered. If you say so.
They are only the sick and the elderly with nowhere else to go. They've seen war before. They don't care to move out.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Jun 2022, 4:57 pm

The Chechen are taking end of war by end of the year. So they are all expecting winter to play its part.

In weakening European resolve. I don't mind i own shares in oil and coal companies... they are doing awesomely.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 26 Jun 2022, 5:29 pm

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote:I just heard another 1800 Ukrainians surrendered at severodonesk. The are getting encircled quickly now.

Surrendered. If you say so.
They are only the sick and the elderly with nowhere else to go. They've seen war before. They don't care to move out.

80% dead or incapacitated. That's pretty bad. There are just bringing the conscripts to the meat grinder.

https://youtu.be/UH2tiIx22u4
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Jun 2022, 6:19 pm

Conscription in Ukraine is reservists only at this stage, as they are obligated .
They may still have to implement the draft like Russia has.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Jun 2022, 4:35 am

12 generals killed in 100 days.
More officers killed by friendly fire in the last week than the entirety of the occupation.
First age limits were removed on the draft and now General Pavel, aka big Chungus, has been brought out of retirement to head the “special operation”.
He is determined to win the war and bring McDonalds back to Russia.

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 27 Jun 2022, 9:33 am

No amount of derision of the opposition on tik tok is going make any difference where it counts.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Billo » 27 Jun 2022, 9:51 am

Russian missile operators need to drink less vodka......

https://youtu.be/lKtvOFXZTcs
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 27 Jun 2022, 1:03 pm

Lol that guy looks a bit chubby, someone been eating too many cakes and vodka since retirement.

The rest i still say what i said, its a bit hard to believe a video you post from random spices that's been watched by 10 or 20 people.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Jun 2022, 4:07 pm

Billo wrote:Russian missile operators need to drink less vodka......

https://youtu.be/lKtvOFXZTcs

Oh dear that’s not good :?
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 27 Jun 2022, 4:13 pm

A friend just forwarded me a video by an old American woman politician.

A very valid point was raised. In the 1970s America gave a lot of arms and money to train a bunch of people to fight USSR. After a number of years the USSR was defeated, America and its allows were happy and everyone forgot about those people.

Ukraine looks like exactly the same situation, America and its allies giving military and financial aid to a bunch of people to fight the Russians.

Anyone wanna guess what happened to the first lot of people in this story, who even who they were
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Jun 2022, 6:09 pm

Don’t need to guess. They won in the end. Pretty common knowledge.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 27 Jun 2022, 6:31 pm

Same assortment of weapons too. Surface to air and anti tank. Russians left US moved in. Then also gave up.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by womble » 27 Jun 2022, 6:31 pm

cz515 wrote:Lol that guy looks a bit chubby, someone been eating too many cakes and vodka since retirement.

The rest i still say what i said, its a bit hard to believe a video you post from random spices that's been watched by 10 or 20 people.

Try this one. You might learn something :thumbsup:
https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/operation-infektion/
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 27 Jun 2022, 6:41 pm

womble wrote:Don’t need to guess. They won in the end. Pretty common knowledge.

Compare the withdrawal of both countries.

https://youtu.be/GjK7n8TfOVI
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 27 Jun 2022, 7:16 pm

The point was.... are we creating another taliban.... or nazi stronghold in the future
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Jun 2022, 7:23 pm

Larry wrote:Same assortment of weapons too. Surface to air and anti tank. Russians left US moved in. Then also gave up.

Same land mass and population also :)
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Jun 2022, 7:24 pm

cz515 wrote:The point was.... are we creating another taliban.... or nazi stronghold in the future

Only in your reality
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 27 Jun 2022, 9:44 pm

Plenty of evidence Ukraine has a very large nazi presence.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 28 Jun 2022, 4:47 am

Not really nazism because that opposes liberal democracy in essence.
But far right ultra nationalist yes. Some. Like in any country. Extremist patriotism. Not surprising given their whole culture, language, history is facing genocide. Forced Russification.
The Azov unit is a good example. They will adopt far right symbols from the past. Not unlike our homegrown nazis here adopt the eureka stockade flag. No relevance and in actuality conflicting. Or the nazi swasticker paraded in trump rallies. No relevance, conflicting with confederacy. These people are just grunts. Not super smart.
But in reality there are no concentration camps full of Jews that we will discover later.
All that said they play no role in the acting government of Ukraine.
Have some context https://www.factcheck.org/2022/03/the-facts-on-de-nazifying-ukraine/

Certainly it’s Putin’s WMD excuse. It’s really all they could come up with. And it’s probably Russia’s proudest moment, defeat of the nazis ww11.
So it’s powerful heart and mind stuff. Somewhat lost on Russian youth though perhaps. They will do anything to get out of military service. They see no reason to go there and get killed.

On the other hand, when you fight to save your family and your home. A valid reason for a man to give up his life. Honour.

I shared that video with you cz515 to remind you who and what Putin is. He was the head of the KGB. The best of the best.
Which takes us straight to the heart of this invasion . Russians believe him.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 29 Jun 2022, 2:51 pm

Well how many surrendered today, 1100?
Looks lysychansk is going to be gone in a couple of days now or be completely encircled from the south.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 29 Jun 2022, 4:43 pm

mchughcb wrote:Well how many surrendered today, 1100?
Looks lysychansk is going to be gone in a couple of days now or be completely encircled from the south.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-lysychansk-civilians-shelling-evacuate-russia-police-video/31920073.html
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 29 Jun 2022, 7:11 pm

Well if there is only one road leading out maybe they will last one day then.

Now I heard there is 25,000 Ukrainian POWs.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 30 Jun 2022, 3:06 am

Most estimates say around 15,000 civilians . But they are confident they got all the children out.
There’s no combat personnel in Lysychansk. They withdrew on Monday. Heavy shelling.
The focus for the last week has been getting civilians out.

Certainly neither side has the means to hold 25,000 pow’s in containment. Or even 1000.
They manage with frequent prisoner exchanges.
Ukraine holds about 600 currently. Russia dose’nt give out official numbers. Only propaganda like 25,000 :)
I wonder how they feed them all ;) :lol: they can barely feed themselves.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 30 Jun 2022, 6:29 am

It’s just what Russia does to break a country and it’s people.
We saw it in Grozny in the 90’s and Syria more recently.
They target civilian infrastructure when their enemy retreats. They bomb the critical civilian infrastructure in the residential areas. Medical facilities, transport hubs etc. they want to make it as difficult as possible for aid agencies to get in there.
They want to teach them a lesson and leave reminders for the future that the men will come home to.

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 30 Jun 2022, 6:52 am

womble wrote:It’s just what Russia does to break a country and it’s people.
We saw it in Grozny in the 90’s and Syria more recently.
They target civilian infrastructure when their enemy retreats. They bomb the critical civilian infrastructure in the residential areas. Medical facilities, transport hubs etc. they want to make it as difficult as possible for aid agencies to get in there.
They want to teach them a lesson and leave reminders for the future that the men will come home to.

You are 100% correct, they did it when they invaded iraq, did it in Afghanistan (not that there was much infrastructure to begin with), did it in Vietnam, and if memory serves correctly the two nuclear bombs were dropped on civilian targets in WW2.

but then to be fair the Germans did it
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation