When is,,, "enough is enough"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: When is,,, "enough is enough"

Post by womble » 12 Aug 2022, 5:52 pm

I think when you are willing to believe Ukraine is shelling its own power station then you have zero resistance to bulls**t.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Aug 2022, 6:17 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Aug 2022, 6:25 pm

This is how you hunt a tank. One shot. One kill 8-)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7O5r3QDJ90&feature=youtu.be
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 12 Aug 2022, 6:47 pm

womble wrote:I think when you are willing to believe Ukraine is shelling its own power station then you have zero resistance to bulls**t.

But its not their powerstation anymore is it.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Aug 2022, 6:56 pm

mchughcb wrote:Things are getting desperate now. The UA is shelling that powerstation non stop. Their claim is the Russians have artillery in there. Maybe they do, maybe it's just guards on a nuclear facility as you do. Ironically the UA is firing their artillery from a city across the river.

The typical western claim a few months ago that the Russians were so stupid they were shelling Chernobyl and other plants. Then you find they were shooting at UA hiding in the out houses. Now the UA is shelling its, oh we need to get the Atomic Agency in there to oversee things. Or is that because the Russians turned off the grid connector to Kiev and Zelensky is on backup power? If this was a US war there would be no power, gas , water or communications.

The BS never stops.

And many of the posts here are perfect examples of just that. :violin:

https://youtu.be/1f0SrVOM-7I
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 12 Aug 2022, 7:03 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Things are getting desperate now. The UA is shelling that powerstation non stop. Their claim is the Russians have artillery in there. Maybe they do, maybe it's just guards on a nuclear facility as you do. Ironically the UA is firing their artillery from a city across the river.

The typical western claim a few months ago that the Russians were so stupid they were shelling Chernobyl and other plants. Then you find they were shooting at UA hiding in the out houses. Now the UA is shelling its, oh we need to get the Atomic Agency in there to oversee things. Or is that because the Russians turned off the grid connector to Kiev and Zelensky is on backup power? If this was a US war there would be no power, gas , water or communications.

The BS never stops.

And many of the posts here are perfect examples of just that. :violin:

https://youtu.be/1f0SrVOM-7I

Poor old cornpop showing me outdated US training videos. Keep it up cornpop that Zelensky line looks like its about to fall :lol:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Aug 2022, 7:07 pm

Where dig that comment from, a septic tank?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Billo » 12 Aug 2022, 7:50 pm

The mighty Russian Anti Air defence system..... :lol: :o

https://mobile.twitter.com/walter_repor ... 7714665474

And just for you Chucky, just a quick recap of the Russian invasion :oops:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ukraine_worl ... 9391082496
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 12 Aug 2022, 8:08 pm

Billo wrote:The mighty Russian Anti Air defence system..... :lol: :o

The first one is a decoy, every army uses them so the enemy wastes time and money trying to bomb them based on satelite photos.
With regards to the second post, I hope the $US58B that's been poured in is worth it. It has slowed by not stopped the advance west.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Billo » 12 Aug 2022, 8:40 pm

I suspect the damage done to the Russian economy is 10 x your quoted $58 Billion
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 12 Aug 2022, 9:19 pm

Half a trillion in 6 months? Maybe.damage to EU economy more.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 13 Aug 2022, 4:03 am

mchughcb wrote:
Billo wrote:The mighty Russian Anti Air defence system..... :lol: :o

The first one is a decoy, every army uses them so the enemy wastes time and money trying to bomb them based on satelite photos.
With regards to the second post, I hope the $US58B that's been poured in is worth it. It has slowed by not stopped the advance west.

That was hilarious when Putin tried to excuse it all as a decoy operation.
But seriously, what a thing to say to the families of Russian soldiers, who lost their lives not as heroes, just decoys.
Last edited by womble on 13 Aug 2022, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 13 Aug 2022, 4:17 am

mchughcb wrote:Half a trillion in 6 months? Maybe.damage to EU economy more.

That’s only what we know about, publicly announced. There’s no doubt Ukraine has received a lot more weapons and technology than we know about. Maybe we will never know.
What they’ve achieved so far with what they’ve officially been provided against all odds. A superpower with the world’s second biggest military. Cannot have been so easy.
And to contain that military to a pocket in the east for so long. No matter how hard it builds and tries to push forward. Truly remarkable.
Even if you are arguing if or them to bend over and take it, some credit where it’s due. A tale for the ages, that will officially end the age of imperialism and prove that world peace is not an elusive goal when the world works together.
Ukraine are the toughest people the world has witnessed since the 300 Spartans. Despite all the horror and atrocity that Russia has dealt them, you have to respect them.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 13 Aug 2022, 8:17 am

They are also very stupid.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 13 Aug 2022, 8:23 am

womble wrote:Ukraine are the toughest people the world has witnessed since the 300 Spartans. Despite all the horror and atrocity that Russia has dealt them, you have to respect them.

I totally agree Womble, trouble is some people, or chatbots as I'm strating to suspect is the case, have no respect for anything or anyone. They have fairly simplistic algorithms so when you offer them logical questions beyond the scope of that algorithm, they either repeat past output or just don't respond.

The thing with chatbots, if you starve them of responses they reveal themselves by going round in a circle of repetition. As above.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Aug 2022, 9:51 am

What Womble & Lazarus said. :clap:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 13 Aug 2022, 12:03 pm

Whats that cornpop. The russians have had control of Europes largest powerstation for at least a week and already rerouted the power to the Russian controlled areas.
The ukranians have said the russians have untrained technicians in there. Like the Russians don't already have their own nuclear experts.
Guess they are just telling the population the lights are going off in Kiev.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/uk ... d7a4ecbdae
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 13 Aug 2022, 3:49 pm

mchughcb wrote:
womble wrote:I think when you are willing to believe Ukraine is shelling its own power station then you have zero resistance to bulls**t.

Seriously womble, that's actually coming from msm. Not your YouTube videos with 2 views
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 13 Aug 2022, 3:53 pm

Billo wrote:I suspect the damage done to the Russian economy is 10 x your quoted $58 Billion

Actually Russian economy is doing quote well. Thanks primarily to some very intelligent people working for Russian government. And the fact that EU is still buying Russian gas, oil and wheat etc
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 13 Aug 2022, 3:55 pm

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Yeah not too bad. Not going to make one iota of difference to the outcome.

They’ve lost 24 su-35’s now.
It’s pretty significant. :lol:
Russia has maybe 40 -50 in service. ( did have )
Not to mention your top gun pilots.
Air power over the battlefield makes a big difference.

Can’t even buy shot down su-35 keychains yet. Only the older su-34’s

I thought it was one billion su35.... i mean if you going to make atleast try to be funny
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 13 Aug 2022, 4:35 pm

cz515 wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

Seriously womble, that's actually coming from msm. Not your YouTube videos with 2 views

Link ?
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mickb » 13 Aug 2022, 5:07 pm

Lazarus wrote:
womble wrote:Ukraine are the toughest people the world has witnessed since the 300 Spartans. Despite all the horror and atrocity that Russia has dealt them, you have to respect them.

I totally agree Womble, trouble is some people, or chatbots as I'm strating to suspect is the case, have no respect for anything or anyone. They have fairly simplistic algorithms so when you offer them logical questions beyond the scope of that algorithm, they either repeat past output or just don't respond.

The thing with chatbots, if you starve them of responses they reveal themselves by going round in a circle of repetition. As above.

Whats the point of free speech if its only allowed by people you seldom agree with.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Lazarus » 13 Aug 2022, 5:19 pm

Good point mickb.

A problem arises though when people blur the line between "free speach" and propagandist sh!t stirring, just to get a rise out of other people.

Calling out that sort of behaviour is not suppression of free speach, it's the exercise of it.

I do find it amusing though, that most of the noise comes from those who claim not to be "duped" by the media or governments, yet refuse to answer where they actually get the stuff they do purportedly believe.

If not main strean media or governments or intelligence services, where?

My guess, the chans, and by that I don't mean the Chinese.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by mickb » 13 Aug 2022, 5:21 pm

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote: A tale for the ages, that will officially end the age of imperialism and prove that world peace is not an elusive goal when the world works together.

Bit of a stretch there mate. So the G20 countries have all stopped arm sales and interfering with the 3rd worlds banks, markets and politics, just over ukraine?

You better get on the horn to lockheed, Northrop grumman, raytheon, Norinco and almaz-antey and tell them their export divisions can all close. :D
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by mickb » 13 Aug 2022, 5:36 pm

Lazarus wrote:Good point mickb.

A problem arises though when people blur the line between "free speach" and propagandist sh!t stirring, just to get a rise out of other people.

Calling out that sort of behaviour is not suppression of free speach, it's the exercise of it.

I do find it amusing though, that most of the noise comes from those who claim not to be "duped" by the media or governments, yet refuse to answer where they actually get the stuff they do purportedly believe.

So if I reply mate am I chatbotting you or are you chatbotting me :D
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Lazarus » 13 Aug 2022, 6:16 pm

mickb wrote:So if I reply mate am I chatbotting you or are you chatbotting me :D

That's the problem with textual intercourse mick, eh?
It's easy to accidentally put it in the wrong hole.
:drinks:
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 13 Aug 2022, 6:17 pm

That's a good point laz... if you look earlier womble was posting YouTube videos with 20/30 views.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 13 Aug 2022, 7:38 pm

G'day CZ

I have to admit to being a little conflicted on the subject of free speech.

I heard a quote from Salman Rushdie on telly earlier; "If you believe in the value of free speech, you also have to believe in the value of speech you don't like."

Trouble is, where do you draw the line?
Do we allow Nazis to preach their ideological spite in the name of freedom of speech?

Do we allow IS to preach their twisted misinterpretation of Islam?

The case in Skokie Illinois in 1977 is one example that sticks in my mind as going too far in the name of free speech.
I do however accept the argument of precedent.
https://www.aclu.org/issues/free-speech ... ghts-nazis

We plainly have to draw that line somewhere, but wherever we do, someone's going to be pissed off.

Who is the final arbiter of what can and can't be said?
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 13 Aug 2022, 9:13 pm

Refuse to answer questions? :lol:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 13 Aug 2022, 10:25 pm

Well things are going so great for Ukraine they are extending martial law and men of a less than fighting age can't leave and are being conscripted. This isn't going to end well.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/ze ... 9c22ce2f71
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation