Inflation, price of everything is up

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Inflation, price of everything is up

Post by cz515 » 21 Apr 2022, 12:22 am

So our grocery bills are through the roof. The media is telling how all the supermarkets saying prices are going up continually. The house prices are up, and interest rates are up.

Straggly the only thing not up is my wage. I am thinking of bleaching my hair, getting a bob job and working as a lollipop girl making 3k a week.

And in the next election, I am blaming the Australian liberal government. As they keep sending weapons to Ukraine... prolonging the bloody war, this raising process of goods.

I will vote Labor. They will send a friend request to China, and things will come down in price, I can have money for guns, and I don't have to get a boobook.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Re: Inflation, price of everything is up

Post by deye243 » 21 Apr 2022, 4:37 am

I would never vote for labour part of me wants them to win this election to teach arse clowns a lesson.
if they were in when covid-hit we would be carrying double the debt
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MtnMan » 21 Apr 2022, 6:17 am

No prices haven't gone up, the value of currency has gone down. It's completely normal after massive currency debasement.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 21 Apr 2022, 8:01 am

I saw one figure of $640 Billion in 'quantitative easing' by the Australian federal government over the last couple of years.

This is a massive amount which dilutes and devalues all currency already in distribution, it's no surprise that most prices are now higher by 20-50% as that's how much less each $ is worth. Large companies are making record profits in $ amounts but in real (buying power) terms the value of those profits may be less than previous years.

Wage increases will follow but the highly manipulated (and false) inflation rate currently reported as around 3% will cause a lot of pain for people in the short to medium term.

Both major parties have the same core policies and have already sold out Australians to the same big corporations and party donors. They have some minor policy differences to fool people into thinking their vote makes a difference and that's what their associated media corporations focus on. Personally, I would never vote for any major party, the only slim chance for the future is a hung parliament with independents slowing the greed and corruption.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 21 Apr 2022, 8:54 am

cz515 wrote:So our grocery bills are through the roof. The media is telling how all the supermarkets saying prices are going up continually. The house prices are up, and interest rates are up.

Straggly the only thing not up is my wage. I am thinking of bleaching my hair, getting a bob job and working as a lollipop girl making 3k a week.

And in the next election, I am blaming the Australian liberal government. As they keep sending weapons to Ukraine... prolonging the bloody war, this raising process of goods.

I will vote Labor. They will send a friend request to China, and things will come down in price, I can have money for guns, and I don't have to get a boobook.

Yeah sure vote labour. After all they have a fantastic attitude towards firearm owners, and yes of course we want to invite China back into our country. :sarcasm:
I would iron my cock flat before I ever voted labour or purchased anything made in China.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 21 Apr 2022, 8:56 am

Media is beating up 1% rate hike... which means home loans will go up 1.5% across the board. Hey I didn't have a problem when they were 6%. But some people buying houses now.... hmm

And you are right, no way the inflation rate is 3-4-5%. It's close to double figures. And trust me mate wages are high. Those companies wanting to pay pre covid wages can't find people, and those workers who are stuck on pre covid wages, need to go out to the market. As an employer though things are s**t for me.

And tbh I rather they increase old age pension then spend on submarines and tanks or send weapons to Ukraine. Or the other idea that allows them to earn more before their pension is cut... already they will pay taxes
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by geoff » 21 Apr 2022, 11:47 am

JimTom wrote:
cz515 wrote:So our grocery bills are through the roof. The media is telling how all the supermarkets saying prices are going up continually. The house prices are up, and interest rates are up.

Yeah sure vote labour. After all they have a fantastic attitude towards firearm owners, and yes of course we want to invite China back into our country. :sarcasm:
I would iron my cock flat before I ever voted labour or purchased anything made in China.

Ok sure, enjoy the alternative Liberal party running the show - after all they too have a fantastic attitude to firearms owners as well.

Dont come at me with this minor party rubbish either. They might talk a talk but none of them ever vote much different to the liberals when it counts
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 21 Apr 2022, 12:42 pm

geoff wrote:Ok sure, enjoy the alternative Liberal party running the show - after all they too have a fantastic attitude to firearms owners as well.

Dont come at me with this minor party rubbish either. They might talk a talk but none of them ever vote much different to the liberals when it counts

Don't expect anything to improve if you keep voting lib or lab, same party, just different buckets.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by geoff » 21 Apr 2022, 1:41 pm

bladeracer wrote:
geoff wrote:Ok sure, enjoy the alternative Liberal party running the show - after all they too have a fantastic attitude to firearms owners as well.

Don't expect anything to improve if you keep voting lib or lab, same party, just different buckets.

Half of the shooters i know seem to love pauline hanson's one nation for some reason or another and all she ever does in Parliament is vote with the libs. They've just been brainwashed into thinking she cares

One nation is just Liberals you buy off wish.com
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by MtnMan » 21 Apr 2022, 1:43 pm

All we can hope for is the Sex party holding the balance of power.

The result- A well hung parliament.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 21 Apr 2022, 2:38 pm

JimTom wrote:

So your happy too vote for Scomo who only ever wants to talk about Chicks with Dicks playing sport and pretending to be tough with China. And now the Chinese have a security pact with the Solomon Islands and will most likely build a very capable Military base that will place our Subs and whole Energy Export sector right in the firing line. :oops:

Does the Iron get a say in its treatment ....... :lol:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2022, 7:33 pm

Move to China mate. You seem to love them. Cheap food over there.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 21 Apr 2022, 9:26 pm

Why that's not a bad idea. Go to the source they say.

Ironic you taunt me like that all the time wearing Chinese, typing on Chinese, using internet made by Chinese, eating things made in Chinese or packed in material made in China.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2022, 9:50 pm

cz515 wrote:Why that's not a bad idea. Go to the source they say.

Ironic you taunt me like that all the time wearing Chinese, typing on Chinese, using internet made by Chinese, eating things made in Chinese or packed in material made in China.

"Move to China mate. You seem to love them. Cheap food over there"

"Confucius says, a small hint is enough for an intelligent person. But some need it to be repeated multiple times"
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Apr 2022, 10:36 pm

Everything is up ... except wages.
It's a good time to be in business provided your supply chain is flowing. Pay the extra and slap the COVID tax on top while your still paying your employees peaunuts.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 22 Apr 2022, 5:01 am

MtnMan wrote:All we can hope for is the Sex party holding the balance of power.

The result- A well hung parliament.

That’s funny because its true :lol:
We dont get s**t ever without a hung parliament.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 22 Apr 2022, 5:05 am

Bill wrote:
JimTom wrote:

So your happy too vote for Scomo who only ever wants to talk about Chicks with Dicks playing sport and pretending to be tough with China. And now the Chinese have a security pact with the Solomon Islands and will most likely build a very capable Military base that will place our Subs and whole Energy Export sector right in the firing line. :oops:

Does the Iron get a say in its treatment ....... :lol:

Yep, better break out that iron and get her warmed up.
I could never vote for gun stealing liberals. They are a sick joke. Where’s the liberty ?
They’re just hardcore conservatives who keep trying to force religion into politics. There’s nothing liberal about them. Just staunch antis.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 22 Apr 2022, 6:23 am

I can’t see in my post anywhere where I have endorsed the Libs or suggested I vote for them.
All I eluded to was that I would never vote Labour and I refuse to support the Chinese economy by buying their plastic crap.
I agree that Libs aren’t super either.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 22 Apr 2022, 6:25 am

Anyway that’s enough from me. I very rarely get drawn into discussions like these, preferring to keep it to firearm / hunting related topics.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Apr 2022, 9:38 am

JimTom wrote:

LOL,,,,,, At the rate they are buying/leasing Australia,, and taking/taken control you won't have to wait long,,,,,,,,,,,
Everything that is currently made in China and imported here,, will be made here by China.
Thus saving China from having to ever import raw materials,,,,,, or export anything to Australia.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 22 Apr 2022, 10:29 am

DJ mate stop...I repeat stop reading whatever you are for your information. Cuz it sounds fake news
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 22 Apr 2022, 10:33 am

Oldbloke wrote:

"Confucius says, a small hint is enough for an intelligent person. But some need it to be repeated multiple times"

Why are you so worried about where I live...or should live. I mean do you pay my bills. Or.... I suggest you go talk to an Alan doctor.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Apr 2022, 12:27 pm

cz515 wrote:DJ mate stop...I repeat stop reading whatever you are for your information. Cuz it sounds fake news

Fair Dinkum Mate, ???
I just "read" what's in our stores, on the shelves, and now in our country.
That alone tells me an awful lot.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Apr 2022, 12:41 pm

cz515 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Why are you so worried about where I live...or should live. I mean do you pay my bills. Or.... I suggest you go talk to an Alan doctor.

Sheesh, your posts over the last year tell the story.

Your in love with them.
Screenshot_20220422-124337_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20220422-124337_Messages.jpg (10.21 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation