Home Invasions

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Home Invasions

Post by Jackaroo » 07 Jun 2022, 12:28 pm

Home Invasions

Just shocking isn't it -

https://www.9news.com.au/home-invasion
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Home Invasions

Post by deye243 » 07 Jun 2022, 2:30 pm

Just like all the others and the ones yet to happen obviously not shocking enough
Last edited by deye243 on 07 Jun 2022, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 07 Jun 2022, 7:34 pm

In the USA I think it was,A while back, a chick drove three young friends to a home to rob it. She sat in the car waiting for them to do their thing. They had knives and knuckle dusters and balaclavas to help conceal their identities.. but they were outclassed entirely when the homeowner let fly with his AR15 ... they died on scene and the chick drove off but handed herself into the police roughly a day later. Because her friends died during the crime she was seen to be a reckless contributor to their deaths because she assisted them by driving them to the home. She was Convicted of 2 Nd degree Murder and got 45 years. I have no sympathy for the three robbers but I did think 45 yrs was a bit rough on her being the driver Hangin with the wrong crowd gets u nowhere fast
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 07 Jun 2022, 8:03 pm

Blr243 wrote:In the USA I think it was,A while back, a chick drove three young friends to a home to rob it. She sat in the car waiting for them to do their thing. They had knives and knuckle dusters and balaclavas to help conceal their identities.. but they were outclassed entirely when the homeowner let fly with his AR15 ... they died on scene and the chick drove off but handed herself into the police roughly a day later. Because her friends died during the crime she was seen to be a reckless contributor to their deaths because she assisted them by driving them to the home. She was Convicted of 2 Nd degree Murder and got 45 years. I have no sympathy for the three robbers but I did think 45 yrs was a bit rough on her being the driver Hangin with the wrong crowd gets u nowhere fast

Well i don't I think the skank got everything she deserved
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 08 Jun 2022, 4:39 am

Jackaroo wrote:Home Invasions

Just shocking isn't it -

https://www.9news.com.au/home-invasion

Yeah shocking indeed. After reading the other thread i thought there would be hundreds. But only three reports in 2022 and we are nearly half way through it
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Jun 2022, 9:40 pm

It just happened to me two weeks ago. Wife and myself in our caravan in SE QLD.

Three Aboriginals in black balaclavas. Four am in the morning in a CVP.
Very threatening and demanding. Took off with ute, keys to everything, wallet and rifle in car.

Stole heap of stuff in ute but didn't find the rifle luckily. Ute with rifle was returned. Ammo box gone. Some minor damage to ute off for repairs now. Wallet gone with all cards. Police told us to leave town immediately as they still had all our keys and expected them to returned.

Insurance doesn't cover everything. AAMI (suncorp) are hopeless. Hard to get past the OS kid who has NFI. Switching insurance now.

Today, had every lock at home changed.

Yesterday they attacked someone else in the same CVP. Did the same abt one week ago in the other CVP abt 5 km down the road.

It happens, lock your doors.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 30 Jun 2022, 10:01 pm

What town Ob ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 30 Jun 2022, 10:02 pm

Oldbloke wrote:It just happened to me two weeks ago. Wife and myself in our caravan in SE QLD.

Very threatening and demanding. Took off with ute, keys to everything, wallet and rifle in car.

Stole heap of stuff in ute but didn't find the rifle luckily. Ute with rifle was returned. Ammo box gone. Some minor damage to ute off for repairs now. Wallet gone with all cards. Police told us to leave town immediately as they still had all our keys and expected them to returned.

Insurance doesn't cover everything. AAMI (suncorp) are hopeless. Hard to get past the OS kid who has NFI. Switching insurance now.

Yesterday they attacked someone else in the same CVP. Did the same abt one week ago in the other CVP abt 5 km down the road.

Bugger :-(
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 30 Jun 2022, 10:04 pm

Had to put my dog down 3 weeks ago . For my next hunts I have no guard dog / early warning system anymore and I’m often camped roadside nighttime on the way to bush blocks.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 01 Jul 2022, 2:39 am

Oldbloke wrote:It just happened to me two weeks ago. Wife and myself in our caravan in SE QLD.

That's not good. :shock:

Sounds like these guys are probably doing some surveillance to pick up on victims. Coppers need to get out there and run counter surveillance so they can be found before they hurt someone.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 01 Jul 2022, 3:38 am

So sorry to hear that OB.
Hope all is well now. Difficult thing to process.
You both survived and that’s what matters. So you handled it well.
Probably won’t be sharing that story with the wife though or I’ll be cooking my own meals. Meaning takeaway or noodles.

Sorry about your dog Blr. Always hard to lose your best mate.
Hard to replace them too, but worth it when you do.
If you don’t need a livestock dog have a look at Italian mastiffs, cane corsos or neopolitan. Lots of breeders in Qld.
Very loyal dogs that will stop anyone. Very strong animals.
Although that’s also a downside. You don’t walk the dog. The dog walks you.
We swag it too and travel with big dogs. Usually they sleep in ute cage. Maybe I tie one to my swag now.
No-one will be stealing that sway without losing an arm.
And I will be inside the swag.
This sounds like a good plan.
Last edited by womble on 01 Jul 2022, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 01 Jul 2022, 3:59 am

wanneroo wrote:

That's not good. :shock:

Sounds like these guys are probably doing some surveillance to pick up on victims. Coppers need to get out there and run counter surveillance so they can be found before they hurt someone.

Yeah narh this Australia mate that's to much like work for our coppers if they ever did catch up with these lowlifes they would probably give them a metal and a hot feed and then a lift home .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 01 Jul 2022, 4:03 am

Hey that’s not fair.
Speed cameras are surveillance. Kinda.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 01 Jul 2022, 11:50 am

deye243 wrote:Yeah narh this Australia mate that's to much like work for our coppers if they ever did catch up with these lowlifes they would probably give them a metal and a hot feed and then a lift home .

Yes probably so.

Eventually these guys will do it again.

Property crime and home invasions seems to be a big problem in Australia these days. And I think it is due to no or little consequences.

If 3 blokes tried the same thing in the USA, they'd have a short career before succumbing to lead poisoning.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Robin » 02 Jul 2022, 6:35 am

Crims , yuk unfortunately with the way things are going, interest rate and rent rises, and everything else going up, we are going to see alot more, its just a pitty we can't use our guns as a deterrent, I wouldn't want to shoot someone, however a crim would run if there is one pointed at them, and if they decide to get violent, then its fair game.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Jul 2022, 10:20 am

Robin wrote:Crims , yuk unfortunately with the way things are going, interest rate and rent rises, and everything else going up, we are going to see alot more, its just a pitty we can't use our guns as a deterrent, I wouldn't want to shoot someone, however a crim would run if there is one pointed at them, and if they decide to get violent, then its fair game.

Yep, they are bastards. There is no justification for what they do, did to us.

BUT

https://youtu.be/3zKCIf-vfbc
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Robin » 02 Jul 2022, 10:40 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Robin wrote:Crims , yuk unfortunately with the way things are going, interest rate and rent rises, and everything else going up, we are going to see alot more, its just a pitty we can't use our guns as a deterrent, I wouldn't want to shoot someone, however a crim would run if there is one pointed at them, and if they decide to get violent, then its fair game.

Yep, they are bastards. There is no justification for what they do, did to us.

BUT

https://youtu.be/3zKCIf-vfbc

I feel for you big time, and it really sucks to have some little s**t take what you have worked hard for.

I'm not a big fan of being allowed to carry in public, due to too many crazy people out there and I wouldn't want to be seeing 3 people carrying and not knowing if one of them is a crazy, however we should be allowed to defend our homes without loosing our guns, and i'm not saying to shoot on site, im saying using it as a deterrent, there are plenty of druggo's and people much bigger then I am out there, and I don't want to wait till I get bashed up before I show the crims whos boss.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 02 Jul 2022, 1:24 pm

So you are sleeping with a rifle under your pillow...ok your bed.

The crims know that people are allowed to use a rifle to defend themselves, so they goto the local bike gang by a handgun. Break a widow and enter the house...tip toe to your bedroom and put the loaded handgun on your temple and ask you where your rifle is. Then tie you up and still take your belongings.

I rather the current set-up where i have a nice big dog in the house/ bedroom and crims not allowed guns, so the most they will come armed with is a knife or a baseball bat. And everything is insured. As possessions can be replaced but life cannot

And my final word of warning, be careful of a farmer who owns firearms, owns a big dog and an excavator :lol:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Jul 2022, 3:11 pm

Yes thankfully crims are not allowed guns.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation