Very strange issue with FB

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Very strange issue with FB

Post by bladeracer » 08 Jun 2022, 6:16 am

If a mate of mine hadn't responded to it I would never have known, but a gun control article was posted on my Facebook page yesterday. Channel 9 article about Biden calling for assault weapon and magazine bans, an article I hadn't seen before, and certainly didn't share. Was posted right around 1300hrs, while I was here on Enoughgun.

No idea how it was done, but I can only guess it was somehow hacked into somebody's pro-gun article that I would have been inclined to share. Seems similar to the issue I had with Youtube last month with my shooting video coming up in Google searches about a boxing match. Weird thing about that video is that it now has almost 51,000 views from people that were dragged there hoping to see a boxing match only to be stuck with an old guy shooting in a paddock - and it still got 150 likes and no dislikes :-)

Something's not quite right in the matrix :-)

Trying to get warm before heading out in the rain to move the cows this morning!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Very strange issue with FB

Post by northdude » 08 Jun 2022, 8:07 am

Gun forums are my fb. Dont get bombarded with unintelligent crap on them....
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by str8shutr » 08 Jun 2022, 1:17 pm

Personally, I refer to that site as "fartbook". I put stuff on there minimally. Whereas my other half is a serial liker. No wonder she gets all sorts of rando rubbish filling up her feed.

John Oliver isn't everyone's cup of tea but if you want to to get a point of view on what the internet world does with your data without you knowing it and can spare the time then take a look at his segment on Data Brokers. Some useful stuff, even if it is largely focussed on the US scene.
str8shutr
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by MtnMan » 08 Jun 2022, 8:25 pm

Joe Biden-
Man who accidentally leaves 300000 guns for the Taliban gives lecture on gun control.

"The mentally ill shouldn't have weapons".
Says senile man with nukes.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 09 Jun 2022, 3:49 pm

northdude wrote:Gun forums are my fb. Dont get bombarded with unintelligent crap on them....

:thumbsup: it gets interesting on here when politics get involved but :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by northdude » 09 Jun 2022, 4:19 pm

:silent: Its a touchy subject in most places
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant