RIP Queen Elizabeth

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

RIP Queen Elizabeth

Post by bigpete » 09 Sep 2022, 8:17 am

FB_IMG_1662672763017.jpg
FB_IMG_1662672763017.jpg (17.41 KiB) Viewed 935 times

RIP the Queen.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: RIP Queen Elizabeth

Post by bigpete » 09 Sep 2022, 4:52 pm

bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mchughcb » 09 Sep 2022, 8:09 pm

When I was a young ladmy sister and I had our photo taken with the Queen on the red carpet, just after she stepped off the Britannia with Prince Phillip. A fine lady she was and very polite. RIP.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 10 Sep 2022, 7:19 am

G'day mchughcb,

My parents went to a Royal reception on the Britannia when it was docked at Melbourne. My father was high up in the media industry and so copped an invite. Somewhere I have a photo of the two just before leaving for the reception. Both were wearing formal attire, i.e. the old man was wearing tails with his medals, top hat, etc. For my mother, a working-class girl who came to Australia from Hertfordshire in England with her family just after WW I, it was a highlight of her life. The best way to describe my mother's delight at meeting the Queen and Prince Phillip on the Britannia is to imagine Hyacinth Bucket in the comedy series Keeping up Appearances being invited to a Royal 'do'. After my mother died I found she had kept the formal and very fancy invitation to the reception. After a lifetime in Australia she was still English at heart.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 10 Sep 2022, 4:39 pm

What an incredible lady. Right down to her efforts during WWII, the Queen as good as it get.
RIP
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Jackaroo » 10 Sep 2022, 4:52 pm

Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal