The world's gone stark raving mad.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The world's gone stark raving mad.

Post by cz515 » 15 Sep 2022, 8:53 pm

Hmm
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Sep 2022, 10:56 pm

cz515 wrote:Hmm

Precisely what I was thinking in a round about way,,,,,,
Not wanting to start WW3 mate,,,,,,, but do you read your posts before actually listing them ?
Sometimes I struggle to figure out what it was you intended to say.
:drinks:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 16 Sep 2022, 12:05 am

Off-shoring to increase profit margins by greedy ass-w!pes. I was trying to buy a new tri-axle tipper off a mob in S.A. Kept getting a Chinese answering service when trying to contact the salesman. He finally got back to me. I asked about the Chinese voice and he said "yeah, I'm in China, we make them here now, just spent a couple of million setting up a factory" I told him he should have spent it employing Australians and he could shove his trailer up his rear end. Now waiting on an Aussie built one, $40k dearer but I'll gladly pay it to employ locals and have one that will actually stay together.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 16 Sep 2022, 7:48 am

Here's another bit of annoying fckery.
I've often heard Austpost blaming covid for their ridiculously erratic delivery times.

I recently bought a small item from a business in Melbourne and followed the tracking info.

After receiving it, Austpost moved it from one sorting facility to another sorting facility in Melbourne, then put it on a truck which took it past me (90km north west of Canberra) to a sorting facility in Sydney.
That took 3 days. From there it went to a second sorting site in Sydney, another day, then to a delivery facility, in Sydney.
From there, another day later it goes back down the Hume Hwy, past me a second time, to a sorting facility in Canberra, it then for some reason spent another 4 days being shuttled to and fro between there and a second delivery site in Canberra.
Finally after all that it's on yet another truck to the postal agent in the nearest small town where it's sorted again and given to the postal contractor for delivery to me.

There used to be a receiving/sorting/delivery facility in the nearest large town 35kms from me that was shut down to "downsize and increase efficiency". This new efficiency has on average more than doubled the time it takes to get something and increased the price.
Efficiency my arse.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by northdude » 16 Sep 2022, 8:09 am

Lazarus wrote:Here's another bit of annoying fckery.
I've often heard Austpost blaming covid for their ridiculously erratic delivery times.

I recently bought a small item from a business in Melbourne and followed the tracking info.

After receiving it, Austpost moved it from one sorting facility to another sorting facility in Melbourne, then put it on a truck which took it past me (90km north west of Canberra) to a sorting facility in Sydney.
That took 3 days. From there it went to a second sorting site in Sydney, another day, then to a delivery facility, in Sydney.
From there, another day later it goes back down the Hume Hwy, past me a second time, to a sorting facility in Canberra, it then for some reason spent another 4 days being shuttled to and fro between there and a second delivery site in Canberra.
Finally after all that it's on yet another truck to the postal agent in the nearest small town where it's sorted again and given to the postal contractor for delivery to me.

There used to be a receiving/sorting/delivery facility in the nearest large town 35kms from me that was shut down to "downsize and increase efficiency". This new efficiency has on average more than doubled the time it takes to get something and increased the price.
Efficiency my arse.

Ahh good old ovid the universally accepted excuse for anything and everything....
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by cz515 » 16 Sep 2022, 11:13 am

Lazarus wrote:Here's another bit of annoying fckery.

Efficiency my arse.

Efficiency means cost savings mate.

Closing a sorting facility, saves them millions of dollars a year. And the trucks are running so your package going from melb to Sydney to Canberra to Sydney to qld to Sydney and to you.... honestly does not really cost them any extra
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 16 Sep 2022, 11:26 am

Gamerancher wrote:Off-shoring to increase profit margins by greedy ass-w!pes. I was trying to buy a new tri-axle tipper off a mob in S.A. Kept getting a Chinese answering service when trying to contact the salesman. He finally got back to me. I asked about the Chinese voice and he said "yeah, I'm in China, we make them here now, just spent a couple of million setting up a factory" I told him he should have spent it employing Australians and he could shove his trailer up his rear end. Now waiting on an Aussie built one, $40k dearer but I'll gladly pay it to employ locals and have one that will actually stay together.

Off topic, but… what sort of tipper did you order? I was speaking to a mate this morning who bought a Moore last year before harvest, he said it should be here on Monday.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 17 Sep 2022, 12:29 am

Hamelex White, alloy bin on steel chassis, specced up for lead in road train. I don't like Moores, I've towed a few, yeah, nah.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation