Yet another,, What happens when,,,,,,,,,,,,,

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Yet another,, What happens when,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Oct 2022, 10:27 pm

With all the talk lately about the banning of diesel powered trucks in the near future,,,,,,,,,,,,,
And,,, possibly also of passenger cars, 4WD's, tractors, etc

The mind boggles,,

Is it no bloody wonder the cost per liter at the bowsers has ever increasingly shot upwards dis proportionately to crude barrel prices :unknown:

The oil companies sensing/knowing the end is nigh,,,,,,,,,, and are all making last ditch grabs for millions/or more $$$
What cost eventually is electricity going to be :unknown:
I see yesterday the cost of electricity is forecast to increase by 35% next year.

It's a sad joke,,,,,,,,, to recharge your Tessla is I believe it's "free" in most places,,,,,,,,,,, At the moment.
A fair chance that the oil companies will end up controlling all electrickery power generating stations,,,, and we all will be back to being screwed again and even worse,,,, just to keep your vehicle running as a result.

And,,,,,,,, when the crunch comes,,,,, (theoretically, in 2025) what will happen to all the consumers who have just bought vehicles manufactured in 2024 or earlier,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :unknown: :unknown:

Will they be offered a "buy back" as in the little t^rd Johnnie Howard and the works of art that he was responsible for destroying,,,,,, :unknown:

Or, will they be given a nominal 2 or 3 years further life for the vehicle at God only knows what cost/ availability of fuel.

When and how are the "ordinary" citizens of western society (not to mention 3rd world) going to be able to waltz into a showroom and say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ooooooh,, I love it,,,,,,,,,,, I'll have that one,,,,,,,, but I want it in pearl black .

:unknown: :unknown: :unknown: B T F Outta me.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Yet another,, What happens when,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post by wanneroo » 12 Oct 2022, 11:46 pm

The end goal of the whole WEF/climate hysteria/marxist/malthusian crowd is to deindustrialize and bring an end to wealth, prosperity and freedom of movement of the average person. Of course they will retain their castles, jets, steak and lobster dinners, Mercedes, etc. but this thing of you living in a heated cooled house with plenty of room and being able to travel around and do what you want, they want that over and done with it.

Battery electric cars are dumb but they are part of the transition for you because they are very inefficient to make and use but also very expensive as well. When the true costs are revealed as no country has anywhere near the required electrical generating capacity, it will be too late for you. Only the "elite" will get to drive around.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by deye243 » 13 Oct 2022, 12:41 am

^^^^^^^^^ this
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 13 Oct 2022, 12:43 am

^^^^^^^^^ this ........ vote left and this is exactly what you get and deserve . vote Labour same chitttt.
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation