Registration not the answer to making NSW safer - Greens MP

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Registration not the answer to making NSW safer - Greens MP

Post by AusC » 07 May 2014, 11:22 am

Thought this was gold :D

Done by one of the guys, Keith, at Abela's here in Melbourne.

-------------------------

In an exercise in satire I have slightly reworded the Greens NSW recent press release on bicycle licensing to just show how their views are inconsistent.

Here is the original press release:

Bike licensing not the answer to making NSW roads safer: Greens MP

Greens NSW MP and Transport spokesperson Dr Mehreen Faruqi MLC has criticised Roads Minister Duncan Gay’s suggestion of introducing a bike licensing scheme.

Dr Faruqi said: “This is simply a thought bubble from the Roads Minister, which distracts from the primary solution for making our roads safer for cyclists: a comprehensive bicycle infrastructure strategy for New South Wales.

“A bicycle registration scheme would be costly, difficult to enforce, and enormously damaging to accessibility.

“There’s no evidence that bike licensing schemes help in reducing accidents and tragic deaths. In fact, in places like Los Angeles and Switzerland they have been abolished a short time after being introduced.

“We should be encouraging people to choose sustainable and healthy forms of transport, not discouraging it.

“In NSW, we need to improve infrastructure, raise awareness of the rights and responsibilities of sharing roads, and also introduce laws that improve safety and protect cyclists.

“Greens MP Jamie Parker has a bill ready and waiting for the government to pass to ensure drivers leave at least one metre when overtaking cyclists.”

Now here is my version relating to firearms, as you can see minimum changes have been made and it just shows you that the NSW Green’s thoughts on cyclist should be the same for firearms owners as their press release is nearly interchangeable with sensible firearms policy:

WARNING SATIRE ALERT:

Firearm Registration not the answer to making NSW safer: Greens MP

Greens NSW MP Dr Mehreen Faruqi MLC has criticised introducing a firearms registration scheme.

Dr Faruqi said: “This is simply a thought bubble from the Government, which distracts from the primary solution for making our streets safer for citizens: a comprehensive firearms crime reduction strategy for New South Wales.

“A firearms registration scheme would be costly, difficult to enforce, and enormously damaging to accessibility.

“There’s no evidence that firearm registration schemes help in reducing accidents and tragic deaths. In fact, in places like New Zealand and Canada they have been abolished a short time after being introduced.

“We should be encouraging people to choose sustainable and healthy forms of gathering food for their families and engaging in a family friendly, fun sport.”

“In NSW, we need to improve infrastructure, raise awareness of the rights and responsibilities of firearms ownership, and also introduce laws that improve safety and protect civilians against criminals who misuse firearms.”

“Greens MP Jamie Parker has a bill ready and waiting for the government to pass to ensure law abiding firearms owners right’s are protected whilst introducing harsh penalties for those who commit crimes with firearms”

-------------------------

Ha ha.

Love to hear the greens explanation to separate these two :D
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Registration not the answer to making NSW safer - Greens

Post by Norton » 07 May 2014, 11:29 am

Reminds of me the Green MP that got caught hunting on his property.

His defence was that he has a deer problem on his property and needed to cull them.

Last time I checked that's the same reason most of the people the Green's are trying to screw over are doing it too :roll:

Because he doesn't support "recreational" hunting that makes it OK still apparently.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by WesleySnipes » 07 May 2014, 12:40 pm

This is gold aha.

Hit the nail on the head, registration is a waste of time and accomplishes nothing other than letting the government know what guns the good guys have.

And about the greenie caught hunting... how typical. Hypocrites.

Going about their day to day lives driving around in gas guzzling cars and hunting due to feral animal overpopulation.It's okay though because they're allowed to do it, they just don't want anyone else to :P
WesleySnipes
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Herdsman » 07 May 2014, 2:56 pm

WesleySnipes wrote:And about the greenie caught hunting... how typical.

Here was that article.

Greens candidate admits to deer hunting
Shepherding bullets down range.

Tikka Hunter Stainless Fluted 300 Win Mag
Tikka Battue Lite .308 Win
Tikka Varmint Stainless .222 Rem
Herdsman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Granting » 07 May 2014, 2:59 pm

That he actually makes the point 'I'm licensed and only hunt to cull deer' and thinks it's a reasonable defence for his double standards :?

We're all licensed and we all hunt to cull them genius.

Makes the blood boil.

Rant over :lol:
Tikka T3 Camo Stainless 30-06 w/ Zeiss Duralyt 3–12x50
Sako A11 22-250
Remington M514 22LR
Granting
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Norton » 07 May 2014, 3:02 pm

WesleySnipes wrote:It's okay though because they're allowed to do it, they just don't want anyone else to :P

The Greens should update there motto to be 'Do as we say, not as we do'.

Last time I checked they're all driving the same cars we do, eating the same food, wearing the same clothes, using the same power...

I don't see any of them living in a yurt in the woods growing their own vegetables.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Lyam » 07 May 2014, 3:04 pm

Norton wrote:Last time I checked they're all driving the same cars we do, eating the same food, wearing the same clothes, using the same power...

Yet somehow they're "eco conscious consumers" while the rest of us are "polluters and devourers".
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by chookah » 07 May 2014, 3:06 pm

+1 for Keith and Abela's.
Remington 700 Sendero SF II
7mm Remington Magnum

Tikka T3 Lite
.223 Remington
chookah
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Norty_Country_Bloke » 23 May 2014, 12:47 am

The bloody Green's won't be happy untill the country is taken over by Roo's, Wattles and Serrated Tussock. Bloody idiots...

Also, bloody green Peter Garrett for turning me off of Midnight bloody Oil. Thanks for zip, cock.
.22LR, .222 Remington, .12g. But it's not the same when they don't live in your safe :P
Norty_Country_Bloke
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by beerd » 23 May 2014, 1:03 pm

Next from the Greens.... Legalise Roo marriage? :lol:
beerd
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Swarm » 23 May 2014, 1:05 pm

I hate to give the greens much credit but there has been the odd whisper of reason from a couple of members about hunting being a solution for pest control.

The topic of feral cats in NSW is heating up from a few things I've heard.

What comes of it might be another story though... If anything...
Sako 75 Hunter IV 6.5x55 SE with Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm
CZ 455 .22LR with Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm CDS
Winchester 88 .284 Winchester
Swarm
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation