Australia Post frustration

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Australia Post frustration

Post by Lsfan » 26 Nov 2022, 5:36 pm

After purchasing a new rifle from cleavers, it was despatched around Wednesday 16th and arrived in Brisbane Friday 18th November. It was due at my dealer in NSW this monday 28th.

I checked the tracking all week and it hadnt changed until today. It's now in Perth FFS and now due by Thursday 8th December!!

What a f..king joke. You would think an item of this nature would be handled better.

I'm sure there are other stories to tell about aust post but I can't understand the logic in sending it so far west. I just hope it arrives intact.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Australia Post frustration

Post by Lazarus » 26 Nov 2022, 5:53 pm

Ah, Lsfan, join the huuuge club.

Austpost is a truly fabulous feast of frustrating f*ckery.

Last month-ish I bought a pair of Italian hunting boots from England, took 6 days and they were on my feet.

I recently bought a set of Nolathane bushes for my Range Rover, they were posted immediately, well done Nolathane, but they have been bouncing around between depots in Sydney for the last 6 days, what the slippery f*ck is that about?

If the notoriously unreliable DHL can get a pair of boots to me from the other side of the planet in 6 days, what's Austpost's story with an envelope of nylon bushes taking a scenic tour of Sydney on their way to me?

I share your frustration
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lsfan » 26 Nov 2022, 6:48 pm

Yeah it's bulls.it! Aus post were on the news recently carelessly throwing parcels around. I didn't see the full story but not surprised by what I saw.
How well does a rifle travel do you reckon? I've had a couple of rifles posted from cleavers. Foam packing is there but it's nothing great. Maybe my next saga will be wondering why accuracy is f..ked!
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 27 Nov 2022, 7:29 am

Lsfan wrote:Yeah it's bulls.it! Aus post were on the news recently carelessly throwing parcels around. I didn't see the full story but not surprised by what I saw.
How well does a rifle travel do you reckon? I've had a couple of rifles posted from cleavers. Foam packing is there but it's nothing great. Maybe my next saga will be wondering why accuracy is f..ked!

I have personally seen them do that.

I was at my sister's place in town when the Austpost parcel deliverer turned up, arsehole didn't get within 10 foot of the front door, did an underarm throw of the small parcel up against the wall of the house and and was in the van and gone before we could get outside.
It was a registered parcel that needed a signature as well.
Privatisation working for us
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 28 Nov 2022, 7:04 am

Checked the tracking information on my late parcel this morning after lodging a request, seems they've lost it.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lsfan » 28 Nov 2022, 8:04 pm

Lazarus wrote:Checked the tracking information on my late parcel this morning after lodging a request, seems they've lost it.

Hope it wasn't a firearm!
It would be interesting if Aust Post did lose a firearm in their system. I wonder if it has happened before?
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 28 Nov 2022, 8:10 pm

F*ckers could lose a herd of Wildebeests, I swear it.
This is, from memory, the 4th time they've lost a parcel, one was an instant gas water heater FFS.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lsfan » 28 Nov 2022, 8:20 pm

Annoying when you are looking forward to receiving something and you have no control over it.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 28 Nov 2022, 8:35 pm

There used to be a sorting/distribution centre in the nearest town.
Postal service was great.
Then, in the spirit of f*ckery of which successive governments have revelled, they privatised Austpost(for efficiency and economy) and closed it in a downsizing.

Now if I get a parcel from say, Melbourne, it goes past me to Sydney, pisses about between sorting centres there for several days, then if I'm lucky, goes back past me a second time to Canberra for another ping pong between sorting centres then, if I'm really lucky, gets sent to the nearest postal agent, who to be fair, bends over backwards for their customer base and finally gives it to the local postal contractor for delivery.

I can remember when we had the best, nationalised services, phone, mail, power etc in the world, now we live in a privatisation version of Somalia.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lsfan » 28 Nov 2022, 9:01 pm

So true. I also find when you want to phone someone these days from such organisations, they make it impossible to find phone numbers. They want to hide behind emails or online chat. Noone is accountable.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 28 Nov 2022, 9:12 pm

Absolutely, I had to ring bloody telstra about the phone reception here.
The highest hill in the district is outside my back door but telstra in their wisdom put the nearest tower in a valley 2 ridges away.
I spent weeks having to wander around in the front paddock waving the phone around like a loon looking for aliens, just to make a call.
After calling bloody telstra and navigating numerous robot barriers I finally got on to a human who was able to put in a request for "investigation".
Turned out the 3G-4G node on the tower had died the month before and they hadn't bothered to fix it.
Ebay are another, ring them now and you get a robot that tells you to try the app, then hangs up on you.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Nov 2022, 2:54 am

Simply put. Service no longer exists. Just increasing profits. It's the trickle up system.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation