FB scammers

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

FB scammers

Post by bladeracer » 14 Mar 2023, 12:53 pm

Was contacted by a member of a Facebook group that puts shooters and property owners together.
Good group if you're on FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/HuntingPropertiesAustralia/

This bloke joined yesterday, made some comments in a few threads, then got blocked by the admin.
Some of his comments made me look at his profile, which was hours old, and had him in Perth, WA.
Today he contacted me privately asking if I want to "buy" access to all the hunting properties he has :-)
I had another look at his profile and today he's in Qld.
I said I wasn't chasing properties so he offered to sell me CFE223 powder, for $500 a bottle :-)
I doubt his profile will be up for long but he's operating as "John Morgan".
https://www.facebook.com/starboy.victor.39
Near as I can tell he's Nigerian and probably has a bunch of FB accounts.

Just a reminder that they are out there :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: FB scammers

Post by deye243 » 14 Mar 2023, 1:52 pm

Happening a lot these days blade me personally I will not buy online unless I have dealt with them before or know for a fact they've been around for a long time no way will I do a deal on a private site won't even buy off use the guns unless it's a dealer add money's too hard to come by these days too easy to lose
Last edited by deye243 on 14 Mar 2023, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 14 Mar 2023, 5:22 pm

That group is the absolute ****** group in the world for trying to get property access ! Lolololol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 14 Mar 2023, 5:43 pm

bigpete wrote:That group is the absolute ****** group in the world for trying to get property access ! Lolololol

I don't know, I haven't tried and I don't think I've been on there for long, seems to be some useful discussion though rather than just being dead.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation