mates kid suspended

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

mates kid suspended

Post by mickb » 15 Mar 2023, 7:43 pm

Sometimes I am glad I dont have kids. A young fella I know about 12 , very quiet started highschool and ended up on the wrong end of a gang or group of indigenous youths in the first month. They had a reputation for picking on kids, then filming themselves fighting the victim and posting it up on social media. The kids father got involved when he found out his son was being bullied and the school counsellors were very apologetic and said off the record they were tying to find ways to get the main perptrators moved out of school.

Well they picked on this young fella one time too many and he fought back(being none of these gutless adults, teachers, counsellors quoting frigging rules were assisting him in any way) . No one on either side was really hurt but he was suspended with the other kid. Apparently school is like prison, whether you sneeze or get sneezed on, same punishment for everyone.

Have to say, sorely dissappointed in the school system, seems a lot different from when I went through it. Not that it was great then, but at least some semblance of fair play existed.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Re: mates kid suspended

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Mar 2023, 8:41 pm

Agreed, if we (my age group) set foot wrong back then, we would get at least six but often more depending on what we did,, of the best.
"The bamboo cane"
Totally outlawed today by the pussy footing do gooders,,,,,,,, but it kept the large majority of kids in line,, and taught respect.
That is something missing badly nowadays.

Bring it back I say.

Yes I copped it a few times, but in looking back,,,,,, it did me a world of good. And I'm not mentally scarred from it either. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by MtnMan » 16 Mar 2023, 10:23 am

There's a good scene from a show called 'Mr Inbetweener'.
His daughter was disrespected by some youth on the street. He gave one of them a flogging and ended charged with assault and went to anger management classes. Counsellor asks him why he did it. He says they were being assholes. Counsellor says the world is full of assholes. Guy says, "You know why? Because people let them get away with it".

Trouble with schools is that they don't understand that sometimes the only thing a bully understands is violence.

Best thing is a swift punch on the nose.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 16 Mar 2023, 12:25 pm

I got the strap weekly at school but it never stopped me or my mates from breaking the rules
We looked on at as a badge of honour and took pride in not reacting to the pain in front of our class
There was no way it was a deterrent- we were young and dumb and never thought of any consequences- driving drunk, riding motorbikesfast, making home made gadgets that could maim you -wouldnt do it now of course but just normal adolescent stuff - male brain doesn't mature until late twenties (my wife says never)
In those days
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by northdude » 16 Mar 2023, 2:32 pm

Our two boys got suspended. A group of 6 or 7 (yea tough in a group ay) wanted to fight them. Us and the teachers saw the footage of our boys clearly refusing to fight the group of them until they were forced into a corner on the tennis courts. Sat there quietly proud of them as they peeled them back one by one. Then a couple of these tough guys went running to the cops.
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by animalpest » 16 Mar 2023, 7:18 pm

northdude wrote:Our two boys got suspended. A group of 6 or 7 (yea tough in a group ay) wanted to fight them. Us and the teachers saw the footage of our boys clearly refusing to fight the group of them until they were forced into a corner on the tennis courts. Sat there quietly proud of them as they peeled them back one by one. Then a couple of these tough guys went running to the cops.

Good on them. But why would they get suspended instead of getting a medal?
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Mar 2023, 7:54 pm

My grandsons used a hockey stick on a couple of bullies. He got 2-3 days suspension. Pretty sure boys don't bully him any more. Lol

Best way to deal with a bully is break his nose.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by northdude » 17 Mar 2023, 3:38 am

Yea its the only language they understand
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by jovialjosie2002 » 17 Mar 2023, 9:48 am

95% of all principals (in the state system) are incompetent and bullies.
They are there to cut costs and encourage people to use the private system. It's a government department run by government idiots who could never survive in the private sector.
jovialjosie2002
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by isaacfm » 19 Mar 2023, 1:30 am

MtnMan wrote:There's a good scene from a show called 'Mr Inbetweener'.
His daughter was disrespected by some youth on the street. He gave one of them a flogging and ended charged with assault and went to anger management classes. Counsellor asks him why he did it. He says they were being assholes. Counsellor says the world is full of assholes. Guy says, "You know why? Because people let them get away with it".

Trouble with schools is that they don't understand that sometimes the only thing a bully understands is violence.

Best thing is a swift punch on the nose.

Bloody hell of a show. Shame it ended, definitely on a high note though!
isaacfm
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation