Reducing crime in NSW

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Reducing crime in NSW

Post by Tiger650 » 24 Apr 2023, 9:45 pm

Brilliant scheme.
Set up the online reporting portal so that the victim must authenticate with a verification number sent to stated email address.
Then fail to send that email to the victim so the crime never occurred, everybody is happy !
Except maybe the victim but WTF, plenty of taxpayers out there.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Reducing crime in NSW

Post by JohnV » 25 Apr 2023, 1:31 pm

Tiger650 wrote:Brilliant scheme.
Set up the online reporting portal so that the victim must authenticate with a verification number sent to stated email address.
Then fail to send that email to the victim so the crime never occurred, everybody is happy !
Except maybe the victim but WTF, plenty of taxpayers out there.

I know the feeling . One time I was at a school sports carnival with my wife and daughter and a woman started screaming she had lost her child . I manged to calm her down and asked about her child . I got enough info to from a picture . I looked around and could see several horses in a paddock a few hundred meters away and I set off in that direction . Sure enough there was the child trying to get through a fence to the horses . I took the child back to it's mother . Now the Police had been contacted and they turned up . They wanted to talk to me so I explained what happened , next thing I am being interrogated as a potential suspect of kidnapping because the Police can't get their mind around it . Luckily my wife and daughter were witnesses to the fact I never left their side during the lead up situation . Can you believe that ? You use your God given skills to help someone and find a lost child then get basically accused of kidnapping . It was outrageous and I was so angry I nearly sued but that would bring unwanted attention to me . So never again did I ever do anything like that and there were other occasions where I knew I could help and that causes me great stress .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Off topic - General conversation