Meat!

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Meat!

Post by NTSOG » 02 May 2023, 6:24 am

G'day All,

This article was in today's Age online. It's an article that makes a lot of sense to me both as an omnivorous human being and a breeder of Angus cattle:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/ ... 5d4q6.html

It challenges the quackery of the religious vegetable set with some commonsense research about the health benefits of unprocessed meat. [My wife tried a meat-free diet when she was much younger and, instead of red meat, took iron supplements. The supplements were of little benefit to her health as a woman, so she soon went back to eating red meat.]

I believe that it should be illegal to call plant-based products 'meat' or 'milk', e.g., almond derived 'milk'.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Meat!

Post by Lazarus » 02 May 2023, 7:54 am

So true

images (3) (13).jpeg
images (3) (13).jpeg (44.13 KiB) Viewed 3431 times

Someone offered me almond milk once, I was astounded.

I didn't even know they had tits.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by NTSOG » 02 May 2023, 9:38 am

G'day Lazarus,

I hadn't seen that chart detailing what goes into fake meat before. It seems to me that to espouse the eating of fake meat that is full of additives is a form of false advertising and is also counter to eating healthy natural foods like unprocessed red meat in the first place. So much for a notionally healthy vegetable/vegan diet.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 02 May 2023, 10:04 am

NTSOG wrote:G'day Lazarus,

I hadn't seen that chart detailing what goes into fake meat before. It seems to me that to espouse the eating of fake meat that is full of additives is a form of false advertising and is also counter to eating healthy natural foods like unprocessed red meat in the first place. So much for a notionally healthy vegetable/vegan diet.

Jim

G'day Jim
I don't really care what adults choose to eat, but those who force their new age nonsense on their kids need a slap in the face.
With a chair.

I think the thing that gets up most normal people is that unbearable smugness the veganazis exude.
When the children they feed with these highly processed, additive filled psuedo-foods end up with multi spectrum allergies and intolerance, they have the gall to blame everyone but themselves.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 02 May 2023, 12:19 pm

NTSOG wrote:G'day All,

This article was in today's Age online. It's an article that makes a lot of sense to me both as an omnivorous human being and a breeder of Angus cattle:

It challenges the quackery of the religious vegetable set with some commonsense research about the health benefits of unprocessed meat. [My wife tried a meat-free diet when she was much younger and, instead of red meat, took iron supplements. The supplements were of little benefit to her health as a woman, so she soon went back to eating red meat.]

I believe that it should be illegal to call plant-based products 'meat' or 'milk', e.g., almond derived 'milk'.
Jim

I totally agree I ain't never seen tits on an almond
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 May 2023, 8:49 pm

Fake meat, It's literally considered junk food by those who have chosen a "proper healthy" plant based diet.

Ps, you have no idea how triggered militant vegans get when they find out you use vegan junk food as toppers on your beef steak.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 02 May 2023, 10:01 pm

Don't know if this could be considered relative or not but,,,,,,

I've had serious health issues since being 13 yo brought about due to a series of unfortunate events.
All the then medical experts said my life expectancy would come to an end by the time I turned 25.

Although it was recommended that I live a seriously regimented life style coupled with a very strict diet,,,, I never did.
Granted,,, it will eventually catch up with me and kick me in the butt,,,
However,,, my next birthday will see me turn 70 yo

I have always and still do eat "natural foods" ie: Full Cream milk, fresh red meat, eggs, bacon etc not to mention heaps of normal butter.
Medicos of today often ask what I do for my skin because it looks so young.
The answer is simple,,,,,, Nothing
My Cholesterol levels are A1 and my "sunshine vitamin" levels are slightly above what is considered normal.

So why should I ever consider becoming a vegan :crazy: :crazy:

The closer we all could live with a cave mans diet along with good red meat, the better off we'd be.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by JohnV » 08 May 2023, 11:48 am

If vegans , animal activists and the anti hunting lobby get their way then millions will starve . Without animal protein there is not enough vegetable matter grown to feed the whole World . Add to that the anti fossil fuel people wanting bio fuels and that takes even more land away from feeding people .
It angers me to see the UK having a go at Australian beef raising techniques from a piss ass nothing producer like the UK . Australia is around the third biggest beef producer , the UK is the backwards ones their farms are disgustingly filthy and riddled with mad cow disease . I know I have seen them . If the UK don't like it then tell them to buy from Brasil , full of more mad cow disease.
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigpete » 08 May 2023, 1:06 pm

Vegans are just pure scum,nothing more to it.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 09 May 2023, 11:39 am

Well the facts behind meat consumption and it's health benefits are indisputable. I've done my reading. Myself the more steak I eat the trimmer I am and more healthy and energetic and normal feeling I am. Same when I drink milk, eat plenty of butter and cheese.

These days compared to when I first moved here, we now have so many local farms producing local beef, chicken and pork that I don't need the supermarket for that stuff. I can get local milk, cheese and butter too. Not only do I have the mennonites and amish and their local stores but several farms have their own shops too.

I think some fruit and veg is fine for the diet and some grains as well are good for the diet but people can overdo all the plant based stuff, especially the processed crap. Unfermented Soy for instance is estrogenic and will pretty much turn you into a woman.

I also notice with these "plant based" diets that the folks on this stuff long term all end up crazy and unhealthy or simply croak early.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Lazarus » 10 May 2023, 3:49 pm

Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Country girl » 10 May 2023, 5:15 pm

:thumbsup:
NTSOG wrote:G'day Lazarus,

Jim
Country girl
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Pendous » 10 May 2023, 5:58 pm

Clearly not enough onion is being grilled.
Pendous
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Country girl » 10 May 2023, 6:07 pm

NTSOG wrote:G'day All,

Jim
Country girl
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by northdude » 10 May 2023, 8:39 pm

if you don't want to eat meat why do you call your plant based s**t meat???
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by JohnV » 10 May 2023, 9:13 pm

The meat industry , cattle and farmers associations need to start suing these people for calling their product meat .
The country is going down hill at an alarming rate , supply chains are failing , certain products are in short supply . Inflation rising , interest rates rising , food prices rising , fuel rising again . I hope we don't end up like Brazil or Valenzuela . I don't think we will ever get that bad but poorer people are hurting and Labor wants to waste $350 000 000 on a pointless referendum . That's how we are going to go bad , that kind of senseless waste .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 10 May 2023, 11:23 pm

Don't worry about $350 000 000.

Worry about this:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-28/ ... /102268304
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Country girl » 11 May 2023, 7:05 am

JohnV wrote:If vegans , animal activists and the anti hunting lobby get their way then millions will starve . Without animal protein there is not enough vegetable matter grown to feed the whole World . Add to that the anti fossil fuel people wanting bio fuels and that takes even more land away from feeding people .
It angers me to see the UK having a go at Australian beef raising techniques from a piss ass nothing producer like the UK . Australia is around the third biggest beef producer , the UK is the backwards ones their farms are disgustingly filthy and riddled with mad cow disease . I know I have seen them . If the UK don't like it then tell them to buy from Brasil , full of more mad cow disease.
Country girl
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Country girl » 11 May 2023, 9:17 am

northdude wrote:if you don't want to eat meat why do you call your plant based s**t meat???
Country girl
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 11 May 2023, 3:10 pm

bigpete wrote:Vegans are just pure scum,nothing more to it.

Truth :thumbsup:
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 11 May 2023, 3:36 pm

download (26).jpeg
download (26).jpeg (9.98 KiB) Viewed 2791 times

download (27).jpeg
download (27).jpeg (9.53 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 13 May 2023, 12:30 pm

Australia is in trouble with fruit and vegetable production . In the last 21 years there has been no appreciable increase in tonnage grown . In previous decades before 2001 there was a steady increase every year but in 2001 production started to flatten out and it never recovered . Governments just keep quoting increasing production value in dollars but never mention that the actual tonnage grown is not increasing . With the extra population over that time , covid problems , droughts , fires , floods , production cost up by as much as 40% and more people turning vegan , it's no wonder there is shortages and higher prices like $12 for a lettuce . You can see that if all of a sudden meat protein was taken out of the food chain it would be a disaster .
Even wheat production can slip by as much as 50% less harvest in drought years .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Lazarus » 13 May 2023, 3:31 pm

That's true John

Another big part of the problem is cheap imports.

Instead of supporting our growers, by whatever means, the governments have been supporting foreign growers at the expense of both farmers and consumers.

The benefits of globalisation are manifold.

https://citrusindustry.net/2023/01/12/a ... and-trade/
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 14 May 2023, 9:40 am

Lazarus wrote:That's true John

Another big part of the problem is cheap imports.

Instead of supporting our growers, by whatever means, the governments have been supporting foreign growers at the expense of both farmers and consumers.

The benefits of globalisation are manifold.

https://citrusindustry.net/2023/01/12/a ... and-trade/

Fore sure that's another big problem adding to the already bad situation . We are behind the 8 ball with imports also because of our low value currency geared towards exporting . The UK keeps it's currency value artificially inflated because it imports far more than it produces . Then they UK wants to trade with us and buy our best quality food and we have to compete with that higher valued currency for our food . It's criminal . One day civil unrest will start over food exports in lots of countries . It's already happening to some degree in Sri Lanka .
Last edited by JohnV on 14 May 2023, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Lazarus » 14 May 2023, 9:47 am

That's true, our currency is up and down like a tart's knickers. Unfortunately more down than up.

Perhaps if various governments of all persuasions hadn't been so keen to export all our manufacturing industries and are still bending over for foreign venture capitalists rather than fund our sovereignty over the minerals we own, things would be different.
As I quipped in another thread; Oh, for a time machine.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Country girl » 22 May 2023, 12:38 pm

JohnV wrote:Australia is in trouble with fruit and vegetable production . In the last 21 years there has been no appreciable increase in tonnage grown . In previous decades before 2001 there was a steady increase every year but in 2001 production started to flatten out and it never recovered . Governments just keep quoting increasing production value in dollars but never mention that the actual tonnage grown is not increasing . With the extra population over that time , covid problems , droughts , fires , floods , production cost up by as much as 40% and more people turning vegan , it's no wonder there is shortages and higher prices like $12 for a lettuce . You can see that if all of a sudden meat protein was taken out of the food chain it would be a disaster .
Even wheat production can slip by as much as 50% less harvest in drought years .
Country girl
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 22 May 2023, 1:09 pm

Good to see
After reading, I searched for venison, not much about commercially, that a quick search turned up, about time we turned the growing numbers into some value added for shooters.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-22/ ... /102355282
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation