Victoria - The Place To Be?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Victoria - The Place To Be?

Post by straightshooter » 04 May 2023, 1:04 pm

Now that all the brouhaha regarding Nicola Gobbo (or should that be Dobbo) has died down, the Victorian Government in all it's wisdom is surreptitiously introducing legislation that will render lawful somebody's legal representative informing on them in the course of representing that person.
It of course will be couched in very noble terms but it will ultimately lead to the state being run by the Stasi.
It's also strange that the careers of other participants in that scandal did not tank but instead prospered.
The implications for firearm owners may not be immediately apparent.
I invite any Victorians reading this to please leap to the defence of your government as I may be grossly misinformed.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: Victoria - The Place To Be?

Post by bladeracer » 04 May 2023, 1:07 pm

straightshooter wrote:Now that all the brouhaha regarding Nicola Gobbo (or should that be Dobbo) has died down, the Victorian Government in all it's wisdom is surreptitiously introducing legislation that will render lawful somebody's legal representative informing on them in the course of representing that person.
It of course will be couched in very noble terms but it will ultimately lead to the state being run by the Stasi.
It's also strange that the careers of other participants in that scandal did not tank but instead prospered.
The implications for firearm owners may not be immediately apparent.
I invite any Victorians reading this to please leap to the defence of your government as I may be grossly misinformed.

Must be a TV thing, I had to Google to find out who she is :-)
Haven't had anything hitting my news feeds about this legislation yet.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 04 May 2023, 10:50 pm

Nope just STAZI with the retarded clapping seals telling everyone it's good for them like 2 years of lockdowns and have taken your fifth booster outside with your mask on.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 05 May 2023, 2:28 am

Victoria seems to be a pretty iron fisted place these days and the main issue is the state politics are dominated by the crazy city people with all their wacky ideas that don't really translate for the rural and even suburban folks. In addition the police seem to be some of the worst in the western hemisphere.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 05 May 2023, 4:17 am

Which is impressive seeing as none of them are even stationed in the western hemisphere.
Anyway, semantics.
They are a bit s**t, as police go in general.
Unless you’re speeding you can get away with just about anything.
On the rare occasions that people even bother to report crime to police, unless there’s an opportunity to taser someone they ain’t doing jack s**t.
Given an opportunity to test out all their new fancy riot gear on cookers, all of a sudden they’re highly motivated. It’s the only time you’ll see them smiling. Most of the time they’re just grumpy sour faces.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 05 May 2023, 11:50 pm

I just happened to see some articles on how Dan Andrews blew out the debt. I think around 2016 it was around $25 billion and is now forecast to be headed to $200 billion soon.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 06 May 2023, 2:53 am

He’s already secured his forth term too. There’s just no opposition that can contest an election anymore.
The libtards are so far removed from their constituents and they can’t seem to relate to ordinary common people anymore.
They don’t engage with the public. And their focus groups are heavily trolled by fringe groups.
So you have this very apparent opposition of some kind of upper ivory tower class coming to the people and saying things that are so far removed from their actual real lives an livelihoods and just wtf.
It’s really interesting to watch play out actually. And it’s a nationwide phenomenon. You get a sense that we’re finally throwing of the yoke of colonialism and conservatism.
But nothing good lasts forever and all power corrupts enevitably. And behind the scenes it’s the same people pulling the strings.
So it will be interesting to see what future opposition rises to the surface and what will spawn it.
With the conservatives gone I honestly see the only contest coming from genuine libertarians. And theres no one to keep them in check anymore. Labor can only deliver so much pseudo freedom no matter what they promise, but they give you a taste.
Only the libertarians can break chains though. Just my opinion. Just a maybe. It’s possible after a worldwide recession.
We’re still being fed a steady stream of right wing populism through main stream media a social media, but it never really amounts to anything here and people are a bit over it. See through it and for what it is.
When in reality they have genuine concerns with cost of living and housing. Real problems they have to deal with. Don’t really care about anything else. And it’s difficult to keep them distracted.

NSW is the one to watch though. We’re getting some real big tent politics with all sides working together. They have to, like it or not.
And the major party is not really bound to the nfa. It’s not constitutional and they never implemented it. Very optimistic we can see some much needed improvements for shooting and hunting there. They have some really ridiculous policies that should be easy to reverse with the typical wheeling and dealing.

Certainly we are rebuilding our relationship with the US though. Being viewed with more trustworthiness. More sharing of military tech and hopefully building better security and sovereignty for our future. I think they view us as progressive again and back on track for maturing into a free republic. But these terms are usually short lived here and we usually revert to colonial dullards. Plus they are focused heavily on that for Ukraine atm.
And we are starting to break down the dumbass trade war with China finally.
So generally there’s a lot of cautious optimism here. See what delivers.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MtnMan » 06 May 2023, 6:46 am

Victoria- The place to flee.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation