Tarkine Forest/s Tassie

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Tarkine Forest/s Tassie

Post by Die Judicii » 21 May 2023, 10:47 pm

I watched with interest a doco tonite on the abovementioned which primarily revolved around the Chinese Owned chunk of Tassie,,,,
and the Chinese mining company.
Big debate/s going on about their expansion and further development of a TOXIC TAILINGS LAKE which is threatening the area in general.
The chinamen seem to think they can do what they want because they purchased the mine (with the nod of the Federal government)

However,,,,,,, at great risk to the surrounds. :wtf:

The current Federal government are showing all the typical signs of "sitting on their hands".

? Simple solution,,, Yep, seeing as they (China) have legally purchased the mine,,,,,,, let them expand the mine,,,,,, but, make them take all of the toxic tailings back to china, and store/dispose of it in China. :thumbsup: .
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Tarkine Forest/s Tassie

Post by deye243 » 21 May 2023, 11:04 pm

Yes I seen that tonight made my blood boil all I can say is I love my country but I despise our politicians
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 21 May 2023, 11:13 pm

Going to apply the same conditions to every other foreign mining company in Australia?
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 22 May 2023, 4:24 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Going to apply the same conditions to every other foreign mining company in Australia?

Yep, that's what the pollies need to do. (if they ever grow a spine and have a couple of hairy balls attached)
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 22 May 2023, 6:47 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:Going to apply the same conditions to every other foreign mining company in Australia?

Yep, that's what the pollies need to do. (if they ever grow a spine and have a couple of hairy balls attached)

Every mining company whether foreign or not must comply with the relevant state mining act and regulations. They differ from state to state.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation