R U a licensed Electrician ?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

R U a licensed Electrician ?

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Nov 2023, 2:25 pm

I have just had the slab laid for my new shed and workshop a few weeks ago, and the erectors are starting on the 1st November.
I'm in the process of planning the location of all the pwr outlets throughout, and have thought,,,,,,, Why not simply do the whole lot of em in 15 amp ?

Apart from the 32 amp dedicated welding outlets, what's to stop me doing all the others in 240v 15 Amp, and not even have the standard 10Amp ones ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: R U a licensed Electrician ?

Post by Larry » 06 Nov 2023, 8:35 am

No issue putting in heavier gauge wire. I did and do the same thing if I have to wire up something new and for a specific purpose. I recently had a new air con installed and I supplied the cable for the installer to use. Mind you having been the boss at a electrical contracting company I do get good prices at the wholesalers.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Re: R U a licensed Electrician ?

Post by Blr243 » 06 Nov 2023, 8:49 am

I’m 54 and am on the tools at work and often at home too. I reckon in the last 30 yrs the only time I run into trouble drawing too much amps is when welding or maybe running a bigger compressor. I think apart from the dedicated welding circuit it would make sense to have another two 15 amp points for those times when the you you want to bring a little welder to where u are instead of bringing the job to the dedicated welding area/ table
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation