What's your favourite online Gun Shop?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Post by Jackaroo » 09 Nov 2023, 2:13 pm

Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: What's your favourite online Gun Shop?

Post by bladeracer » 09 Nov 2023, 4:03 pm

Jackaroo wrote:What's your favourite online Gun Shop?

Favourite is probably Rebels, but I use others like Cleaver and Projectile Warehouse.
Rebels really good when they could ship me ammo (which ended in September 2021).
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 09 Nov 2023, 6:25 pm

Hunt The Night is the go for anything thermal. I’m too far away to go to the shop, but have spoken to Ben on the phone, asked questions through messenger, then bought online.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 09 Nov 2023, 6:34 pm

If cleavers had more of the stuff in stock It would win but it doesn't, so it sucks. They go as far as advertising specials and not having them in stock. They go as far as still advertising the stuff on special months after I purchased only to find out not in stock been on back order for over three months still on special. To me that is just misleading advertising and bad business practice
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Vince24 » 09 Nov 2023, 8:48 pm

Cleavers are not perfect but by far my favourites.
Their specials beat every other shops and most private advertising on e.g. SSAA.

My other two favs are:
- Western firearms,
- Lawrence, for guns parts only.

Rebels are very expensive I find.
Vince24
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by alexjones » 10 Nov 2023, 6:44 am

not a gun shop but usedgun.com.au
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by GQshayne » 10 Nov 2023, 7:44 pm

I will add The Barn, and The Open Range as being good to deal with.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 10 Nov 2023, 8:07 pm

Back when ppu 243 was only 22 dollars per box I bought oodles of it online at cleavers but they told me it was out of stock and the price will be different by the time it arrives so I had to wait so I said ok. I was warned that by the time the stock came in the price had gone ballistic. But they did the right thing and still offered it to me at the old price so I was pretty impressed with that
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by womble » 11 Nov 2023, 2:47 am

Don’t have a favourite but cleaver’s has always been good to me. And I think their pricing is generally lower than anywhere else.
Depends what you’re looking for really.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Jorlcrin » 11 Nov 2023, 3:42 pm

I use The Open range(Toowoomba), Rebel(Brisbane), Shooters Delight(Brisbane), The Barn(Dalby), The Outpost(Rockhampton), and Occasionally, I use Magnum Sports(Sydney).

I gave up using Cleavers, after a few orders where items are listed 'in stock', and finding out they werent(as others have mentioned).
Before my LGS shut, they would source stuff from Cleavers for me, and so I still dealt with them in some form.

The Barn can also be frustrating at times; items in stock arent whats listed as being for sale online.
I've even rung the Barn once to inquire about projectiles, been told there was a massive amount of that item in stock, when they had none.
[Obviously oversight by the sales lad, but frustrating.]
I place most of my orders late at night, or Sunday Arvo, so it's frustrating when a few days later I get a bleat that the ordered items arent in stock..

The rest (Rebel, The Open Range, The Outpost, Shooters Delight, Magnum Sports) are pretty good at keeping their online inventory accurate.
I've seen that Rebel have on occasion been more expensive for some items, but they have been pretty decent to deal with through the years, and they've always been prompt to ship orders.

For reloading tools/equipment, I go check out BRT first; Stuart is fantastic to deal with.
Jorlcrin
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Nov 2023, 8:40 pm

Larry wrote:If cleavers had more of the stuff in stock It would win but it doesn't, so it sucks. They go as far as advertising specials and not having them in stock. They go as far as still advertising the stuff on special months after I purchased only to find out not in stock been on back order for over three months still on special. To me that is just misleading advertising and bad business practice

And stuff entirely in the WRONG category.
Now if any of us posted a question about eg: Fuel filters,,,, in the Gun Smithing section, we'd get shot down.

But this mob do it all the time,, and it's downright ridiculous.
Just scroll down through their Ammo on special column,,,, and count how many plastic spinning throw targets and pendulum targets there are.
FFS,,,,,,,,,,,,, they are NOT ammunition.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation