what are they putting in the tucker

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

what are they putting in the tucker

Post by mickb » 28 Nov 2023, 10:31 pm

Just attended a cousins kids graduation night for school. These are grade 6's. What surprised me is the girls all looked about half a foot taller than the boys. It was so marked it looked like highschool kids next to little kids. I know girls grow faster at a certain age but checking my own school photos from the 80's at age 11 and 12 and most of us boys were still taller than the girls at that age,

Also of all the academic, music and merit awards handed out it was almost all girls on stage. Two boys vs 11 girls! From memory when I was at school you had male and female duxes, probably 50/50 or even 60/40 in the boys favor.

Not going full tin foil hat on this one, maybe it was just a very tall class of girls this year and maybe some schools dont encourage boys to perform? For the record the boys cleaned up in sports trophys. Still a strange break up though. Not having my own kids it was an eye opener
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Re: what are they putting in the tucker

Post by wanneroo » 29 Nov 2023, 10:55 am

There are tons of estrogenetic compounds in tons of foods and plastics that lower testosterone. Lower testosterone, lower drive to accomplish and succeed.

You add in plugging in these kids to electronics and other crap like that and other stuff and well, it's not a promising future out there for boys and men.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by No1Mk3 » 29 Nov 2023, 12:55 pm

When I was at school in the 60's girls always outperformed boys in academic studies, probably 3 to 1. I think you are only seeing a limited local phenomena.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 29 Nov 2023, 2:27 pm

""The Joint Food and Agricultural Organisation/World Health Organisation (FAO/WHO) expert committee on food additives (JECFA) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) considered, in 1988, that the residues found in meat from treated animals were safe for the consumers. We have re-evaluated the JECFA conclusions regarding the safety of estradiol residues in meat in the light of recent scientific data, with special emphasis on estradiol levels in prepubertal children. These levels are needed for estimates of the normal daily production rates of estradiol in children, who may be particularly sensitive to low levels of estradiol. In our opinion, the conclusions by JECFA concerning the safety of hormone residues in meat seem to be based on uncertain assumptions and inadequate scientific data.""

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10366402/
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 30 Nov 2023, 7:43 am

Most of the girls in my year 6 class were taller than us boys, that was 1978. Then we hit puberty and overtook them dramatically, can't think of any boy that wasn't taller than the girls two or three years later. When I run into those girls now, it's like they didn't get any taller since maybe year 8...
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by mickb » 03 Dec 2023, 6:30 pm

year six is 12 years old now, not 10/11 for the record.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by womble » 03 Dec 2023, 7:03 pm

Girls grow faster. They’re at full height by around age 14. Their growth spurt starts with menstruation. Yuk.
They often grow wider after marriage though.

But anyway the growth spurt for girls is a couple of years earlier than boys who spurt around 14-16

Academically, well s**t welcome to the 20th century.
My grandmother had about 12 brothers. They went to school. She did not, as she was required to help her mother with homely duties.
But times have changed. And there’s really nothing holding a woman back from achieving anything she chooses.
Freedom to pursue their own destiny I guess . I think they’ve won their equality here and we likely won’t be chaining them to the kitchen sink in the near future. That horse has long bolted.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation