some folks are real experts....

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

some folks are real experts....

Post by bigrich » 12 Dec 2023, 8:44 am

hey fellas, just wanted to relate a amusing story that happened yesterday . i've put some gear for sale on ssaa gun sales site , one of which is a leupold vx3 2.5-8x36 scope . i bought it new in box from my local gun shop . i've owned quite a few loopys from new so i know what i'm looking at . two fellas made enquiry's, and seemed like they were very interested, so i asked the third person to contact me to hold off as there were two before him. anyway , haven't heard any more from the first two , so i sent the third fella pics as he requested . well blow me down this fellas sent me a nasty message accusing me of being a scammer trying to sell chinese junk :o
. normally i wouldn't pay too much attention to this sort of thing , but as i'm off work with a injury , i'm bored and i just had to reply to this sort of accusation. ;) told me the screw in eyegaurd was actually part of a three peice occular bell , so it's a bogus loopy .i pointed out that it's a screw on accesory , apparently loopys don't come with a rubber eye gaurd on the occular bell. it's fake :roll:
sent him a pic of the screw in eye gaurd removed and the serial number and "made in the usa" off the bottom of the scope . apparently i threaded the occular bell or the pics was a clever fake :roll:

reminds me off all the "experts" that used to come out of the woodwork when i'd sell car parts in the "trading post' years ago . some folks just know everything ....
:thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: some folks are real experts....

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Dec 2023, 8:56 am

Ha, ha, try working in OHS. For me at least a lot of the issue stems from the internet, in particular faceache. Anyone can post anything they like and be an xspert. Forums too.
People simply don't think about what they are reading and believe everything, then repeat it as gospel. :roll:

P.S. if you just look at a lump of lead, your a dead man walking. :allegedly:
Last edited by Oldbloke on 12 Dec 2023, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 12 Dec 2023, 9:01 am

Theyre everywhere. I had a bloke on a scope sales page tell me that a set of warne qd rings I was selling were fake ( he was admin ) and I ended up being removed and blocked. I was only selling them for 25 bucks too ! Even had mates message him with evidence from the warne website to counteract his arguments and he still refused to admit he was in the wrong. I believe he owns a shop in Mansfield so was probably pissed that I was selling them so cheap. He apparently went on and made a pretty bloody defamatory post about me and how dodgy I was. I was pretty upset by the whole thing tbh. And all over a $25 set of rings ffs
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 12 Dec 2023, 9:24 am

bigpete wrote:Theyre everywhere. I had a bloke on a scope sales page tell me that a set of warne qd rings I was selling were fake ( he was admin ) and I ended up being removed and blocked. I was only selling them for 25 bucks too ! Even had mates message him with evidence from the warne website to counteract his arguments and he still refused to admit he was in the wrong. I believe he owns a shop in Mansfield so was probably pissed that I was selling them so cheap. He apparently went on and made a pretty bloody defamatory post about me and how dodgy I was. I was pretty upset by the whole thing tbh. And all over a $25 set of rings ffs

that's disgusting pete :thumbsdown: unfortunately when some of these experts realise their wrong , they double down on their bullsh!t opinion . shows poor morale fibre in my view :roll:

ya made me feel better , at least i'm not the only one who encouters these numpty's :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 12 Dec 2023, 9:26 am

Oldbloke wrote:Ha, ha, try working in OHS. For me at least a lot of the issue stems from the internet, in particular faceache. Anyone can post anything they like and be an xspert. Forums too.
People simply don't think about what they are reading and believe everything, then repeat it as gospel. :roll:

P.S. if you just look at a lump of lead, your a dead man walking. :allegedly:

you work for OHS :shock: you must see and hear some real looney tunes stuff from all sides :P
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Dec 2023, 12:35 pm

bigrich wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

you work for OHS :shock: you must see and hear some real looney tunes stuff from all sides :P

Worked.
Retired now. Retired a couple of years earlier than initially intended. Just sick and tired of the politics, misinformation, piss poor excuses, BS, and out right lies. ( the managers are the worst. )

Best thing I ever did. I now have my sanity back.

Whatever you do bigrich, lever look at a piece of A/C at a distance of less than 100yards or you are doomed. :allegedly:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Dec 2023, 1:03 pm

Yeah bigrich,,,, they ARE ,,,,,, Everywhere.
Sad but true.

Treat them the same as scammers, and soon as you know they are, (scammers or tire kickers) either just ignore them, or give them enough rope
and let them hang themselves. :lol: :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 13 Dec 2023, 8:11 am

Die Judicii wrote:Yeah bigrich,,,, they ARE ,,,,,, Everywhere.
Sad but true.

Treat them the same as scammers, and soon as you know they are, (scammers or tire kickers) either just ignore them, or give them enough rope
and let them hang themselves. :lol: :thumbsup:

yeah , i kept this fella going just see how much of a "expert" he thought he was. they normally just keep doubling down instead of admitting their wrong :roll:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation