Laser eye surgery

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Laser eye surgery

Post by Faedy » 01 Jan 2024, 11:03 pm

I'm looking for advice from anywho has has this done, and how it's affected their shooting.
Optician said I would have 1 eye for close and 1 eye for long distance..
I'm left handed and left eye dominant.
What is the best choice for the left eye.
Cheers
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Re: Laser eye surgery

Post by JohnV » 02 Jan 2024, 10:36 am

I have never had it done but I know a guy who did . He said that at high altitude in the mountains his eyesight went a bit blurry .
You should be able to use a scope if you adjust the ocular eye piece to accommodate your left eye vision . Set the scope to mid range power and any parallax to your average shooting range . Take the scope out into the open and look at a clear sky , adjust the eye piece back and forth so you can see the sharpest image of the reticle and lock it there . Try to hold the gun into the shoulder with your right hand and adjust with the left . https://scopesgeek.com/diopter-adjustment-on-a-scope/
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Wm.Traynor » 02 Jan 2024, 7:23 pm

Thank you for that link, JohnV.
My eyes have always been kept open while focussing the diopter/eyepiece of a scope.
After reading Scopes Geek, I will try closing my non shooting eye.

Not to confuse the OP, I have been experimenting at home, with a single lens in a shooting frame. This was made to focus at intermediate range only and results are good, In My Garage only. No shooting has been done yet but it does seem to focus the reticle better than either my driving glasses or unassisted vision.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Jan 2024, 9:42 pm

With all due respect Mate ,, what you've supplied is Sweet F#@k All info.

There are almost countless forms of laser eye surgery,,, and for almost countless different reasons.
If you said what, and for what reason, answers would be more forthcoming from more informed sources.

I myself have had extensive laser surgery on both eyes,, and I'm a living testament to the skills and knowledge of the late treating surgeon.
Without his expertise and treatment I would have been totally and permanently blind more than 20 years ago.
But I'm still shooting extremely well today because of the treatment, and, without glasses.

My treatment was I suspect, nothing like or for,, what you have possibly need of.
But,,,,,,,,, more info from your end would simplify the possibility of any answers you may recieve.
Cheers
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation