Execution Methods

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Execution Methods

Post by alexjones » 25 Jan 2024, 11:41 am

Lazarus wrote:
alexjones wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
alexjones wrote:Wrongful convictions have near plummeted with the onset of DNA testing in the 1980s/1990s.

I do agree that the court system is a game. The court has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt of the guilt of the alleged. So the more money one has the greater the likelihood of casting that doubt. I myself was charged with 2 offences once and it cost me 25 grand in lawyer and queen council barrister fees and nearly 9 months to create the doubt which led to the magistrate acquitting me of the charges. If I had not of spent that 25 grand I do not know enough about the law and I would of been convicted of the charges.

Lawyers are the true winners as they make an absolute killing.

So, does that mean you didn't actually prove you were innocent, just put some shade on their case?

My understanding of the law(in QLD at least) is its not a matter of proving innocence but the police(prosecutor) having to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. The queens council barrister taught me that you can commit a crime and not be found guilty due to "reasonable excuse".

So as an example trespassing/failure to leave a licensed venue and disorderly conduct/offensive behaviour is ilegal. However due to having the freedom to protest it can be considered reasonable to trespass. And disorderly conduct/offensive behavior is hard to prove because they are objective terms that a reasonable person may not find offensive. Hurting a police officer feelings is not a crime.

Sometimes the police charge you with the wrong crime as well. So whilst you may have committed disorderly conduct the police charged you with offensive behaviour or public nuisance. So the magistrate has to acquit you because whilst you may have committed a crime you did not commit the crime you are being charged with.

The law is technical as F and contains so much red tape. Remember the 8000 police in Victoria who were not properly sworn in and thus not technically cops? A few crims got let out of jail because technically they were held against their will by people who were not police. Those 8000 police opened carried firearms without an exemption and thus were in ilegal possession of a firearm in a public place.

Yeah, it is a sh!t show.
The basis of my question though, was is there jeopardy attached?
Can they come at you again on the same issue?
That would be a concern

In my situation No. They can not appeal. I was acquitted and thus have a clean background check.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 25 Jan 2024, 1:04 pm

alexjones wrote:
In my situation No. They can not appeal. I was acquitted and thus have a clean background check.

:thumbsup:
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Jan 2024, 9:23 am

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Larry » 27 Jan 2024, 9:52 am

The first 4 min could of been an act while he held his breath but it sounds like it took some time. In real world cases where people have entered confined spaces such as mine shafts the victims are dead or unconscious in seconds. A very publicized case is on The curse of Oak Island. The Rethnals entered a horizontal mine and two people passed out the next four people that tried to rescue them all died in the attempt. as did the original victims. One breath and it was over for them.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Jan 2024, 10:32 am

[quote="Larry"]The first 4 min could of been an act while he held his breath but it sounds like it took some time. In real world cases where people have entered confined spaces such as mine shafts the victims are dead or unconscious in seconds. A very publicized case is on The curse of Oak Island. The Rethnals entered a horizontal mine and two people passed out the next four people that tried to rescue them all died in the attempt. as did the original victims. One breath and it was over for them.[/quote]

Could be. My understanding is if deprived of air/oxygen it takes about 3 minutes to lose consciousness. Another 3-5 to be brain dead.

Don't forget, once you are deprived of oxygen there is still oxygen in your blood that needs to be consumed.

That's the benefit of using CO, it actually blocks the oxygen entering the blood stream. Whilst still breathing normal air. Only a small amount is needed.

I often wonder who comes up with these ideas for execution. Some clerk in an office somewhere.

In any case who cares? He bludgeoned a women to death. Stiff sh1t if it hurt for a few minutes.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 27 Jan 2024, 10:41 am

Oldbloke wrote:[quote="Larry"]The first 4 min could of been an act while he held his breath but it sounds like it took some time. In real world cases where people have entered confined spaces such as mine shafts the victims are dead or unconscious in seconds. A very publicized case is on The curse of Oak Island. The Rethnals entered a horizontal mine and two people passed out the next four people that tried to rescue them all died in the attempt. as did the original victims. One breath and it was over for them.[/quote]

Could be. My understanding is if deprived of air/oxygen it takes about 3 minutes to lose consciousness. Another 3-5 to be brain dead.

Don't forget, once you are deprived of oxygen there is still oxygen in your blood that needs to be consumed.

That's the benefit of using CO, it actually blocks the oxygen entering the blood stream. Whilst still breathing normal air. Only a small amount is needed.

I often wonder who comes up with these ideas for execution. Some clerk in an office somewhere.

In any case who cares? He bludgeoned a women to death. Stiff sh1t if it hurt for a few minutes.[/quote]

Actually he stabbed her 8 times in the chest and once in the throat, for the princely sum of $1000, paid by her husband, some sort of god botherer.

Makes no difference how the unfortunate woman died the maggot should have been put down at once
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Jan 2024, 11:15 am

I stand corrected.
"Mrs Sennett was beaten with a fireplace tool and stabbed in the chest and neck, and her death was staged to look like a home invasion and burglary."

Anyway, isn't that "a particularly cruel and unusual death"?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 27 Jan 2024, 12:42 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I stand corrected.
"Mrs Sennett was beaten with a fireplace tool and stabbed in the chest and neck, and her death was staged to look like a home invasion and burglary."

Anyway, isn't that "a particularly cruel and unusual death"?

Me too, it seems OB.
I had not heard of the initial battery, my apologies for going off at half cock
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Jan 2024, 6:01 pm

Perhaps these methods are employed intentionally???
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Tomotron » 27 Jan 2024, 7:53 pm

Speaking of the death penalty, it should be brought back for this sadistic monster and others like him. 36 years (backdated and allowed parole) is an absolute miscarriage of justice for the many victims of him. Otherwise, life without parole and when he reaches ill health, put him in with the prison's general population for his "funeral".
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-20/ ... /103251832
Tomotron
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 28 Jan 2024, 6:18 am

I am all for self defence of life and property by any means as a basic human right however the death penalty just goes against my moral compass. Regardless of the crime he state executing people just does not sit right with me. I don't know why it just does.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Well Prepped Farm » 04 Feb 2024, 11:07 pm

I don't get all the fuss, just hit them with a big load of heroin as a sedative and inject them with a small dose of Potassium Cyanide solution, works very quick, stops the lungs ability to transfer O2 to the blood. No need for the restricted chemical three cocktail BS, the Police have enough confiscated heroin to use and Cyanide is readily available from chemical supply companies.
Failing that, use a barometric chamber and slowly lower the O2 level with N2 until unconsciousness and death.
Well Prepped Farm
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation