Are we near the brink of WWIII?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Are we near the brink of WWIII?

Post by Lazarus » 17 Feb 2024, 3:15 pm

#moopere

I do agree that as a country we are a big poofter now, I may have misinterpreted alexjones's context on that.

I am in favour of the common sense, logical gun laws, but as I've rabbitted on about in the past it's the stupid, "me too" politicians who gave us appearance rules, and suppressor bans that make us look like twats.
The same illogicality that in NSW allows me my .223, but prevents me from having a particular model of sponge firing NERF gun FFS.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 17 Feb 2024, 3:26 pm

You mean the illogicality of not having pump action shotguns but can have pump action rifles that are much more dangerous.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Lazarus » 17 Feb 2024, 4:07 pm

Exactly, Larry, an excellent example of the fact that there was no meaningful consultation with anyone who knew sh!t from clay, other than inaccurate Hollywood cliches.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Feb 2024, 5:03 pm

Larry wrote:You mean the illogicality of not having pump action shotguns but can have pump action rifles that are much more dangerous.

It's about as stupid as it gets.
I wonder what the average IQ is of politicians is in this country?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Feb 2024, 5:05 pm

[quote="Lazarus"]#moopere

I do agree that as a country we are a big poofter now, I may have misinterpreted alexjones's context on that.

I am in favour of the common sense, logical gun laws, but as I've rabbitted on about in the past it's the stupid, "me too" politicians who gave us appearance rules, and suppressor bans that make us look like twats.
The same illogicality that in NSW allows me my .223, but prevents me from having a particular model of sponge firing NERF gun FFS.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fkn idiots
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 18 Feb 2024, 6:59 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Larry wrote:Im not sure what or who is more stupid the Anus Tangerinus or the American people. His latest remarks about countries not paying enough for his protection are just ludicrous even more crazy is the American people that believe him and think that America is being short changed and they would be better off if the countries paid more.
They dont get that the money he is talking about is actual spending on defense by those countries the only ones making any money are the arms manufactures.

read comments on Utube shorts or Tik Tok and it is just crazy what folks are thinking and saying.

One thing is that Aus I dont think will ever be invaded at least not in the first place. Any country to do so would meet condemnation and retaliation from all over the world. You dont pick on the cute little kid.

Japs thought it was a good idea in 1942.

Yes there was fear at the time but we know now it was just not feasible and not even seriously considered by Japanese high command. They had no supply lines to maintain an operation of the scale needed that far away from Japan and especially at that time of the war when America was mobilising.

Maybe small scale raiding operations would of been possible.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by alexjones » 18 Feb 2024, 7:14 am

Lazarus wrote:
alexjones wrote:

Why would anybody with any self respect want to serve a country whose governments collectively stole our guns in 1996 and in 2020 told us were non essential and arrested us if we left our houses? Stealing the guns was the start of turning the country into a bunch of limp wrists.

Probably because not everyone sees everything from such a narrow viewpoint.

Do you consider yourself a "limp wrist" because the gun laws changed alexjones?
I don't.

Do you feel a bit light in the loafers because the gummint, on advice from the medical community, took covid more seriously than you?
Of course not.

I've had covid, it's a bitch.
Just imagine the pissing and moaning from the public if the gummint did nothing and many more died.

The new generations are cream puff milquetoasts, because we older generations "spared the rod"

They are the result of years of, "every child wins a prize", "smacking your child is abuse" and many other stupid ideas.

Yes I do feel more limp wrist then before the steal back. Because I live in a country whose people(including myself) have no self respect or self determination to go their own way and make their own choices. All the cotton wool we see today in all aspects of our life all stems from what happened in 1996 when people said please make us safe from these inanimate objects daddy government.

Be honest with yourself and admit Australians of today hate independent thought and love government overreach and regulations. Instead of deciding whats best for themselves they need daddy government to decide for them.

As an example Australia is one of only four countries in the world to make it a crime to not wear a helmet when riding a bike in public spaces. Wearing a helmet is a smart idea, however the individual should assess what is right for himself and not big daddy government telling him what to do. If he falls and cracks his head open and dies then that's his fault. It should not be up to the government to tell others how to go about their life.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 18 Feb 2024, 8:27 am

alexjones wrote:
Yes I do feel more limp wrist then before the steal back. Because I live in a country whose people(including myself) have no self respect or self determination to go their own way and make their own choices. All the cotton wool we see today in all aspects of our life all stems from what happened in 1996 when people said please make us safe from these inanimate objects daddy government.

Be honest with yourself and admit Australians of today hate independent thought and love government overreach and regulations. Instead of deciding whats best for themselves they need daddy government to decide for them.

As an example Australia is one of only four countries in the world to make it a crime to not wear a helmet when riding a bike in public spaces. Wearing a helmet is a smart idea, however the individual should assess what is right for himself and not big daddy government telling him what to do. If he falls and cracks his head open and dies then that's his fault. It should not be up to the government to tell others how to go about their life.

With all due respect alexjones, the fact that you feel emasculated by gun legislation says more about you than the legislation.
You are obviously different, aren't we all and vive la difference, but my self respect doesn't depend on the actions of others.

As to helmets, that's a no brainer, pun intended.
As the owner of a high quality brain injury, I have to call that last paragraph utter bullsh!t alexjones.
What would you rather, someone having to wear a helmet, or the life long care at taxpayer's expense for someone with a catastrophic TBI?

Helmets, since the mandate, have reduced head trauma by 70%.

https://www.shine.com.au/resources/moto ... save-lives
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by alexjones » 18 Feb 2024, 8:47 am

Lazarus wrote:
alexjones wrote:

With all due respect alexjones, the fact that you feel emasculated by gun legislation says more about you than the legislation.
You are obviously different, aren't we all and vive la difference, but my self respect doesn't depend on the actions of others.

As the owner of a high quality brain injury, I have to call that last paragraph utter bullsh!t alexjones.
What would you rather, someone having to wear a helmet, or the life long care at taxpayer's expense for someone with a catastrophic TBI?

You assumed I believe in the tax payer paying for other people, I don't. I also don't care about self induced head trauma or any self induced trauma. People need to be free to make their own mistakes and suffer from them. I work with a bloke who is slow in the head because he crashed his car years ago drink driving. Whilst others feel bad for him I could not care less because he rolled the dice and he lost. He has nobody to blame but himself.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 18 Feb 2024, 9:49 am

alexjones wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
alexjones wrote:

You assumed I believe in the tax payer paying for other people, I don't. I also don't care about self induced head trauma or any self induced trauma. People need to be free to make their own mistakes and suffer from them. I work with a bloke who is slow in the head because he crashed his car years ago drink driving. Whilst others feel bad for him I could not care less because he rolled the dice and he lost. He has nobody to blame but himself.

I assumed nothing of the sort, your username telegraphs all manner of things.

I do assume you don't believe in taxation itself either.
Or number plates, or the courts?
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by alexjones » 18 Feb 2024, 10:27 am

Lazarus wrote:
alexjones wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
alexjones wrote:

I assumed nothing of the sort, your username telegraphs all manner of things.

I do assume you don't believe in taxation itself either.
Or number plates, or the courts?

Confusion maybe. When you mentioned life long treatment I took that as you meaning you want the tax payer to fund other peoples behaviour.
My morals are rather simple. Let consenting adults do what they want so long as they don't harm others(words and opinions are not harm). Banning things for what may happen is ridiculous pre crime. Punish the action of the individual not the collective. Children and mentally retarded people need some oversight to protect them.

In regards to tax. Would you not agree we are over taxed and the government wastes a lot of it?

I love the courts. They are there to prevent the executive government from having to much power. Not to mention I have never lost a case yet.

I don't understand what you mean about licence plates?
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 18 Feb 2024, 1:15 pm

Well, the number plates was just a bit of facetiousness, alluding that you may have been a sovereign. Cheap.
Textual intercourse can be fraught with misunderstandings.

I think we agree, broadly, on a number of things, but differ on the minutiae.

I do have to ask, in your model, what do you see happening to those whose "behaviour" caused them permanently disabling injuries if the taxpayer funded medical system should not be allowed to care for them?
Who would be the arbiter?
Who would decide that patient A deserves the best we can do, but because of perhaps a momenary lack of judgement, patient B is what, put down?
Abandoned to make do by begging?

On taxes, sure, like everyone I'd like to pay less.
I would however settle for what's collected being put to better use.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Feb 2024, 5:04 pm

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 18 Feb 2024, 5:53 pm

And yet again, we are underfunded, undermanned and looking the other way
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Feb 2024, 9:05 am

To take us on all they need to do is park a carrier within strike range of each major city. Perhaps 2 at Dawin and Sydney. White flag would go up.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Feb 2024, 9:07 am

Lazarus wrote:And yet again, we are underfunded, undermanned and looking the other way

Naturally.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 19 Feb 2024, 1:24 pm

Oldbloke wrote:To take us on all they need to do is park a carrier within strike range of each major city. Perhaps 2 at Dawin and Sydney. White flag would go up.

Or cut off everything we need without getting anywhere near missile range
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 20 Feb 2024, 8:06 am

Here's an indication of what I was saying about the fate of aid to Ukraine if Tangerinus gets back in.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/447 ... -aid-push/
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 21 Feb 2024, 1:24 am

alexjones wrote:However who the hell even knows. Maybe the history books will say the day Russia invaded Ukraine was the start of ww3.

Well I think there are a lot of factors in all of this that makes the WW2 situation a bit irrelevant.

First thing in regards to Ukraine and Russia is both countries are in decline population wise and are demographically dead regardless of war. Unlike 1940 when the USSR had a birthrate of 5.0, it's now down below 1.5 and both countries have limited young men, which by the day are getting blown away and maimed and are not being replaced. Even assuming Russia keeps some of the territory of Ukraine, they are in no position to populate it.

In addition with Europe many of those countries are in a similar situation and also the young folks are not motivated by any national fervor for war.

So I don't see a land war like in WW2 happening on a wide scale. No one is really interested in that, nor are countries in a position to do so.

The big problem that is destabilizing the western world is illegal immigration of both economic migrants and also a subversive set of "migrants" which compromise low IQ military age men from Africa and China. That is really the war going on. It's destroying my country and I'm seeing the negative impacts as our country is flooded with welfare queen low IQ unskilled illegal migrants. Joe Biden is a traitor as far as I'm concerned.

These people are not migrating because they love the western world and it's values IMO, nor do they have any ties or allegiance to it.

The other big change is 20th century style warfare is dead, tanks, infantry, etc. As we have seen unfold in Ukraine, all that old school thinking the Russians are doing is about dead or dying. A number of years ago the United States Marine Corps got rid of a lot of their artillery and tanks in favor of going to drones and rockets and people poo pooed it at the time, but it's very forward thinking. Ukraine is showing if you try to fight a war like 1945 with infantry and tanks, you are just going to get your ass droned or rocketed to pieces.

21st century warfare I think is going to be cyber online warfare, space warfare, drones, rockets, economic warfare, etc.

Take a country like the USA. What would do more damage to the USA, getting involved with it in a proxy war in some third world country or going online and using cyber sabotage to shut down fuel supplies, food transport, hospitals and pharmacies, etc.?
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 21 Feb 2024, 1:32 am

Lazarus wrote:Here's an indication of what I was saying about the fate of aid to Ukraine if Tangerinus gets back in.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/447 ... -aid-push/

The big issue Americans have with all of this from both parties is they sit and let our borders be flooded with terrorists, welfare queens, chinese nationals of dubious backgrounds, etc. and at the same time want to fund the protection of other countries borders before the USA.

If one looks at polls all over the USA, illegal immigration is the #1 hot issue. All Trump has to do to win is focus totally on immigration.

As someone that has worked with Customs and Border Protection over the years, the agents loved Trump because he let them do their job. As some of them told me after Biden got in, they do their best to work around Biden holding them back. As it stands the stories they tell about the people and stuff they do manage to stop coming into the country is insane.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Lazarus » 21 Feb 2024, 9:12 am

That may be so wanneroo, but the west benefits from helping Ukraine and everyone loses by not doing so.

The US waited until WW1 was just about done, showed up late and claimed victory.
In WW2 the isolationist US was happy to watch the world burn until Tojo kicked them in the balls, (I say them because I'm assuming you were yet to be at that time)
The same isolationist agenda is what Tangerinus is counting on.
That and the "damn furriners" attitude that's ever prevalent.
I know you have a massive problem at your southern border, we whine and ring our hands at a few boats turning up, but surely "The Light On The Hill" hasn't gone completely dark.

Has it?
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 21 Feb 2024, 9:18 am

On the subject of WW1, I read many years ago that there is a strong chance tha the British "set up" the Lusitania.
Has anyone else heard or read about this?

This isn't the source, but explains the theory.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dougbandow ... -into-war/
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 21 Feb 2024, 10:42 am

Lazarus wrote:That may be so wanneroo, but the west benefits from helping Ukraine and everyone loses by not doing so.

The US waited until WW1 was just about done, showed up late and claimed victory.
In WW2 the isolationist US was happy to watch the world burn until Tojo kicked them in the balls, (I say them because I'm assuming you were yet to be at that time)
I know you have a massive problem at your southern border, we whine and ring our hands at a few boats turning up, but surely "The Light On The Hill" hasn't gone completely dark.

Has it?

I've got no problem with legal immigration and some sort of process. We want people to come here who are going to benefit the country.

As Milton Friedman once said you can have a welfare state or you can have open borders but you can't have both. Right now we have both and it's total chaos right now on the border and in the country. I am witnessing many communities deteriorate before my eyes under the burden of this and also dealing with CBP on occasion and listening to their stories of what they are stopping coming over the border, the United States is under attack.

There is some scary crap going on right now and it's not good.

Frankly with our problems right now, Europe has to step up, it's their problem, their neighborhood.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by gunderson » 21 Feb 2024, 11:33 am

end of the day, Wars are inevitable, so long as the world is run by the iniquitous and greedy.
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by alexjones » 21 Feb 2024, 12:10 pm

Lazarus wrote:That may be so wanneroo, but the west benefits from helping Ukraine and everyone loses by not doing so.

Has it?

Your history seems rather incorrect. Why would America of 1914 go to war to defend Belgium(which is why the British did)?

American bankers were supporting both sides during the war(with a slight lean towards Germany). However after the zimmermann telegram(along with unrestricted submarine warfare) America gathered enough support to declare war against Germany.

America drastically helped end the war in 1918. After the Russians pulled out of the war in 1917 the Germans tried to use those troops they had on the eastern front and send them to the western front to end the war with their offensive in March of 1918 before the Americans arrived in huge numbers. However it failed.

America had the one thing the Germans and allies did not. Huge amounts of fresh troops and an unlimited amount of supplies.

In ww2 they supplied the British with 50 destroyers and huge amounts of supplies and loans before they even entered the war. Again, why would they go to war just because Germany invaded Poland? They didn't go to war against Germany until December 11 which is when Germany declared war on them.

If Germany did not declare war against America maybe they might not of even entered the European theater. Or perhaps under a different circumstance.

The pact between Italy, Germany and japan did not contain a clause that they had to declare war. They just did it just because of the old enemy of my enemy thing.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 21 Feb 2024, 7:22 pm

Well, the whole point of paraphrasing is to keep things short.
I could have gone into a tedious level of detail, as above, but thought it unnecessary
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 22 Feb 2024, 9:44 am

wanneroo wrote:

Has it?

I've got no problem with legal immigration and some sort of process. We want people to come here who are going to benefit the country.

As Milton Friedman once said you can have a welfare state or you can have open borders but you can't have both. Right now we have both and it's total chaos right now on the border and in the country. I am witnessing many communities deteriorate before my eyes under the burden of this and also dealing with CBP on occasion and listening to their stories of what they are stopping coming over the border, the United States is under attack.

There is some scary crap going on right now and it's not good.

Frankly with our problems right now, Europe has to step up, it's their problem, their neighborhood.

That is a very famous quote by Friedman that I use all the time for people who think welfare money should be given to every immigrant.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 23 Feb 2024, 1:30 am

mchughcb wrote:
That is a very famous quote by Friedman that I use all the time for people who think welfare money should be given to every immigrant.

Milton Friedman is just as fresh today as he was back then. It's funny if you go back and watch some of his interviews on Youtube from 40-50 years ago, how the song may have changed in the world but the tune is the same. Same nitwits in government running things into the ground and complicating the lives of the public and causing all sorts of waste and financial issues.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by straightshooter » 23 Feb 2024, 7:21 am

Wanneroo
Your description of those in and around government as nitwits is as an egregious example of wrongthink as I can imagine.
They might be portrayed as incompetent for the delusion, amusement and mollification of us plebs but the exact opposite is the case.
They however are as sly, cunning, deceptive and callous as the finest confidence trickster, and unless they cross somebody more powerful than themselves they, their cronies and their sponsors enjoy massive enrichment.
The standard of living of the public in general might decline but theirs doesn't.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by gunderson » 23 Feb 2024, 11:32 am

straightshooter hits the nail on the head,

more so there is no other greater marker of corruption than a politician who gets richer from politics and not poorer.
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation