Wanted cop charged with two counts of murder as police searc

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Wanted cop charged with two counts of murder as police searc

Post by Jackaroo » 23 Feb 2024, 2:28 pm

Wanted cop charged with two counts of murder as police search for missing TV star and boyfriend

A cop has been charged with the murder of two men missing from Sydney’s inner-east, as it emerges a police issue firearm was allegedly used in the killings.

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... b667e134ab
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Wanted cop charged with two counts of murder as police s

Post by gunderson » 23 Feb 2024, 2:33 pm

but wait, the cops are infallible and never do anything wrong, they instantly become superhuman and super virtuous, they are invulnerable to the folly of human nature and are above everyone levitating on a platform of pure virtue.
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Jackaroo » 23 Feb 2024, 2:39 pm

Does anyone know - If a serving police officer has an AVO or DVO against them, are they allowed to carry their service pistol on duty?
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by alexjones » 23 Feb 2024, 2:47 pm

Jackaroo wrote:Does anyone know - If a serving police officer has an AVO or DVO against them, are they allowed to carry their service pistol on duty?

Seeing as they are exempt from needing to be a "fit and proper person" yes they are allowed.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by gunderson » 23 Feb 2024, 2:55 pm

outrageous, same as how if anyone else is on the mobile when driving they are Satan and Hitlers love child, but cops can do it and its risk free
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by deye243 » 23 Feb 2024, 3:07 pm

gunderson wrote:outrageous, same as how if anyone else is on the mobile when driving they are Satan and Hitlers love child, but cops can do it and its risk free

Same as transmitting on transceivers .
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 23 Feb 2024, 4:06 pm

alexjones wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:Does anyone know - If a serving police officer has an AVO or DVO against them, are they allowed to carry their service pistol on duty?

Seeing as they are exempt from needing to be a "fit and proper person" yes they are allowed.

Not in my State, once a DVOAVO is applied they are subject to Part 4A S112A - U, of the Act and will be placed on other duties.

CORRECTION; S. 5 (1) prohibits possession, S112A to U applies to Prohibition Orders, which can include serving Officers.
Last edited by No1Mk3 on 24 Feb 2024, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 23 Feb 2024, 4:48 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:
alexjones wrote:

Not in my State, once a DVOAVO is applied they are subject to Part 4A S112A - U, of the Act and will be placed on other duties.

Really? And they cant use a gun whilst on duty at all? Even under any circumstance?
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Feb 2024, 5:46 pm

Strangely it's reminded me of Rodney Rudes joke about two gay coppers and a frozen dildo.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by No1Mk3 » 24 Feb 2024, 11:15 am

alexjones wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:
alexjones wrote:

Really? And they cant use a gun whilst on duty at all? Even under any circumstance?

No, a DVO/AVO automatically makes them a Prohibited Person and therefore subject to S.5 (1) and not allowed to "possess, carry or use a firearm". Just like anyone else they would need to challenge it in Court. Plenty of jobs to do that don't require the carriage of a firearm. The exemptions only apply to the need for a Licence to carry whilst working there isn.t one for a DVO or a Prohibition Order.
i have edited my original post to clarify Sections of the Act that apply, S.5 prohibits, S.112A to U applies to Prohibition Orders from which Officers are also no exempt.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Billo » 26 Feb 2024, 10:40 am

This whole thing is just getting weirder, app Beau-Lamarre's father could be the Super Intendent Paul Condon, who was the Top cop for the Monaro region and has property down around Goulburn.

Guess where they are looking for the bodies .......

His mother was or is also a Cop and has some attendances before a local Court and yes she is the one charged.
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by alexjones » 26 Feb 2024, 11:40 am

Nobody needs self defence just call the police.......
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 26 Feb 2024, 5:12 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Strangely it's reminded me of Rodney Rudes joke about two gay coppers and a frozen dildo.

:D yup , that sounds like a rodney rude joke
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Feb 2024, 6:01 pm

bigrich wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:Strangely it's reminded me of Rodney Rudes joke about two gay coppers and a frozen dildo.

:D yup , that sounds like a rodney rude joke

He saw 2 police standing stone faced behind the audience so he did what he does best.
He was dragged off stage for it and it went before the court.
Apparently the judge had a hard time keeping a straight face :lol:
There's a interview ou YouTube with him about free speech where he explains in detail what happened.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Pony » 26 Feb 2024, 10:29 pm

Same in Qld, DV Order against the officer, they are off the road.
Pony
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Feb 2024, 5:49 pm

They found them.

Still looking for the woman from Ballarat tho.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 27 Feb 2024, 6:33 pm

Dumbest cop ever. No thinking no planning just out of control dirtbag
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Toadstool » 05 Mar 2024, 4:39 pm

In WA my gf got a restraining order out against her ex who was a cop. He wasn't allowed his firearm and put on desk dutys iirc.

From what I've been told all firearms decisions are up to the police here. Courts can't order them to give firearms back. Which probably means they can't tell police to take them off their own. So either the above story wasn't true , or the police here are soooo anti gun they wanna remove firearms from even their officers? :P

As for this above story. This is why I think there should be a higher minimum age for police. 30+ I reckon (okay, maybe 25 at the YOUNGEST but not as a first real job ffs). People need some life experience, and most importantly some emotional maturity. We do some stupid things as younger blokes, especially when it comes to love. Older people have gone through that s**t already, so another bad break up is less likely to result in something so serious.
Toadstool
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by gunderson » 05 Mar 2024, 5:00 pm

the courts can most definitely overrule the police on gun matters in WA, dont ask me how I know
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Return to Off topic - General conversation