The end

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The end

Post by bigpete » 13 Mar 2024, 10:43 am

And there is the problem.
You all assume she hasn't tried to work on our relationship. Or is toxic. Or something else.
Not the case at all. We both have traumas from the past which have crept into our relationship and created unhappiness.
Toxic PEOPLE exist in all sexes and age brackets.
I do find it amusing that if a woman has slept with 100 people she's pretty much trash,but I bet if you knew a bloke who had done the same hes a legend....personally I think both are sluts
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by alexjones » 14 Mar 2024, 7:33 am

The West has gone to far to one side of the scale and arab countries have stayed to far on the other end of the scale. Society needs to be brought more to the middle.

Shame is a good motivator. Bring back societal shame for having premarital relations. Get rid of no fault divorce so people have to work on their problems to be better people and not just move on to something different when things get hard.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Larry » 14 Mar 2024, 8:26 am

A lot could be blamed on the instant gratification world that we now exist in. I found myself in its clutches the other day and then realized I was also infected with the sickness to a degree.

I found my self mindlessly scrolling through U tube shorts in a trance couldn't put it down. then with some thought and restraint went back to watching Tv but then as soon as the adds came on I felt board and started scrolling shorts again dont think the TV got another look in

Relationships take work and most of us never really relise that or put any real effort in. I had a wake up call when my last dog died. We were good buddies not soul mates a bit distant. Then she died suddenly I was shattered and regretted not having spent more time building the relationship. My new dog on the other hand is getting everything the previous dog missed out on the results are black and white. The time and effort put in is paid back with love and attention women are not that different from dogs.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by bigpete » 14 Mar 2024, 9:20 am

Shame is a good motivator. Bring back societal shame for having premarital relations.

You're f***ing kidding aren't you ? Geezus f***ing christ I haven't seen a stupider comment here yet ! :lol:
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 14 Mar 2024, 2:10 pm

gunderson wrote:
bigpete wrote:Shame is a good motivator. Bring back societal shame for having premarital relations.

You're f***ing kidding aren't you ? Geezus f***ing christ I haven't seen a stupider comment here yet ! :lol:

People shouldn't be having sex outside of marriage or an equivalent, if people kept their wang in their pants and their legs closed, the ridiculous amount of issues those sexual habits have brought to society would never manifest.

more than 85% of violent criminals come from single mother homes, this is solved if there are no more single mothers.

no one sleeping around means no one spreads std's

no one sleeping around means no one causing societal issues through infidelity and promiscuity

no one engaging in sexual behavior outside of committed relationships mean children arent bombarded with overly sexualizing content in society, and the lewd behavior of parents who sleep around normalizing it on their children

all of this coupled with the fact that every major epoch ends when people think they can play fancy and free with sex. The west is about to have its turn.

What an absolute load of drivel
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 14 Mar 2024, 4:59 pm

Oh,you've got me in a box! Lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Mar 2024, 6:04 pm

Hope your doing well and staying strong BP. :friends:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 14 Mar 2024, 6:25 pm

OOW and shootermick....if anything this thread has given me a slight bit of amusement.
I'm doing ok,we're seeing what the future holds. People can and do get back together after brsak ups. She'll be accompanying me away hunting hog deer in 2 weeks for 10 days and I honestly can't think of a better travelling companion
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Mar 2024, 6:31 pm

bigpete wrote:OOW and shootermick....if anything this thread has given me a slight bit of amusement.
I'm doing ok,we're seeing what the future holds. People can and do get back together after brsak ups. She'll be accompanying me away hunting hog deer in 2 weeks for 10 days and I honestly can't think of a better travelling companion

:thumbsup:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

:lol: that's why I go hunting.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 14 Mar 2024, 6:52 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bigpete wrote:OOW and shootermick....if anything this thread has given me a slight bit of amusement.

:thumbsup:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

:lol: that's why I go hunting.

Lol,I hope it does. I know how its affecting me right now lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 14 Mar 2024, 7:06 pm

You know what's pathetic ?
Taking a thread where someone is mourning the loss of a special person in their life and the future they were hoping to have and may never have again,and turning it into a complete s**t show. Cheers ******
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Mar 2024, 7:26 pm

That's great news mate, sounds like your both far from given up on each other.
Looking forward to seeing some hog hunting pictures.

I haven't bothered reading all the posts apart from the first sentence here and there, its like walking into a noisy room with 10 conversations happening and I'm tuned onto this one.

All the best to ya BP. :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 14 Mar 2024, 7:29 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:

That's great news mate, sounds like your both far from given up on each other.
Looking forward to seeing some hog hunting pictures.

I haven't bothered reading all the posts apart from the first sentence here and there, its like walking into a noisy room with 10 conversations happening and I'm tuned onto this one.

All the best to ya BP. :thumbsup:

Cheers
She was originally planning to macerate the bones and put them together as a feature piece if I get one,but I'm not sure if that'll happen,not least because they take the bottom jaw for study at the checking stations
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Mar 2024, 8:17 pm

Ate you going to shoot a nice stag on the second day? :D
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 15 Mar 2024, 8:13 am

Well Big Pete came for some empathy.
Well he got some empathy and some HTFU.
What I don't understand is why post any pictures or take somebody who declared splitsville on a hog deer hunt. My mate is coming from WA for hog deer and our Mrs stay at home.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 15 Mar 2024, 8:23 am

Because she's my best friend maybe ?
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Larry » 15 Mar 2024, 8:35 am

Mate I am truly sorry you are being subjected to such ridicule and hate from d**kheads hear during your time of grief.

We all know there are d**kheads here that just like to creat chaos and will post s**t just to get into an argument or cause one between others. Its a shame there are no effective mods here to deal with that s**t keeping threads clean respectful and on topic. But there would be those that complain about censorship / moderation. It wouldnt be needed if all posters could maintain a respectful attitude but alas that is beyond quite a few here.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Bugman » 15 Mar 2024, 4:12 pm

Sad as the original post may be, my lads went through stuff like this and the only advice I could give was the one my late grandfather
advised me of. "Women are like buses.......there will be another one along in a minute"
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 15 Mar 2024, 5:53 pm

Bugman wrote:Sad as the original post may be, my lads went through stuff like this and the only advice I could give was the one my late grandfather
advised me of. "Women are like buses.......there will be another one along in a minute"

For some Bugman, bastard cancer took mine in 2005.
There aren't any like her.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 15 Mar 2024, 7:14 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Bugman wrote:Sad as the original post may be, my lads went through stuff like this and the only advice I could give was the one my late grandfather

For some Bugman, bastard cancer took mine in 2005.
There aren't any like her.

I'm truly sorry to hear that mate,and fully understand your feelings
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Lazarus » 15 Mar 2024, 7:29 pm

Thanks for your concern Pete.

Keep your head up, mate, if she's the one, she'll be back.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2024, 7:59 pm

I don’t really want to post anything more on Pete’s situation than I already have. I’ve read some of the comments ,and am pretty appalled by some of the trolls. Unfortunately Pete, when you wear your heart on your sleeve and put your emotions online some people are going to be arseholes. Ignore or delete this topic and chat privately with those that have shown genuine empathy mate. Work through things in your own time mate. Best wishes. BR
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 15 Mar 2024, 8:16 pm

bigrich wrote:I don’t really want to post anything more on Pete’s situation than I already have. I’ve read some of the comments ,and am pretty appalled by some of the trolls. Unfortunately Pete, when you wear your heart on your sleeve and put your emotions online some people are going to be arseholes. Ignore or delete this topic and chat privately with those that have shown genuine empathy mate. Work through things in your own time mate. Best wishes. BR

Cheers mate.
Apparently it just too hard for some people to actually be decent and empathetic
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blackened » 20 Mar 2024, 6:19 pm

Going to lock this one after the amount of drama.

Sorry to hear, Pete. Best of luck moving forward.

A few people taking permanent holidays after some of the comments. Don't be afraid to report things, guys. A lot of crap could have been avoided sooner.
Blackened

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation