The end

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

The end

Post by bigpete » 05 Mar 2024, 7:49 pm

They say all good things come to an end.....well,tonight,my best friend,kindred spirit,and love of my life just ended our relationship.
The end :(
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: The end

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2024, 8:05 pm

I hope your not talking about your missus BP.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2024, 8:40 pm

Stay strong big fella, speaking from recent experience it's a living he'll for a while,
Rest assured, with every ending there's a new beginning.
Keep yourself busy, stat in touch with family and friends, the true measure of strength is how we bounce back.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by No1Mk3 » 05 Mar 2024, 10:32 pm

Sorry to hear mate, I have no words to console but my heartfelt wishes for peace to come to you. PM anytime, at all. Talk to our friends.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 05 Mar 2024, 11:37 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I hope your not talking about your missus BP.

Yes I am
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 05 Mar 2024, 11:50 pm

Screenshot_20211107-162519_Gallery.jpg
The love of my life and best friend Jessica:(
Screenshot_20211107-162519_Gallery.jpg (521.61 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 06 Mar 2024, 12:55 am

Everything in life is temporary, she's not yours just was yours for a while. "Love of my life" is just a trick your brain plays on you.

Women come and go, jobs come and go, cars come and go, guns come and go, situations come and go. Recognize none is permanent and there is always another and often much better.

Take the time to work on yourself. Lose weight, get more fit, set up a small business, save and invest money, build something, take a trip, etc.

Discontent is the nature state of man, you can either use it creatively or destructively.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigrich » 06 Mar 2024, 5:34 am

wanneroo wrote:Everything in life is temporary, she's not yours just was yours for a while. "Love of my life" is just a trick your brain plays on you.

Women come and go, jobs come and go, cars come and go, guns come and go, situations come and go. Recognize none is permanent and there is always another and often much better.

Take the time to work on yourself. Lose weight, get more fit, set up a small business, save and invest money, build something, take a trip, etc.

Discontent is the nature state of man, you can either use it creatively or destructively.

fantastic advice for you pete . couldn't have said it better myself . keep busy and move forward mate . at times like this friends and family support is gold . best wishes for you pete :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by alexjones » 06 Mar 2024, 7:24 am

Heartache and hunger are the best motivators in life. Turn yourself into a weapon mate. Use the pain to be an absolute animal in your life mate Remember the movie Scarface? "the world is one big pussy just waiting to get fuc**d". Get out there and bend it over mate. Become a financial success, become a psychical specimen and became a sexual dynamo.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 06 Mar 2024, 8:45 am

alexjones wrote:Heartache and hunger are the best motivators in life. Turn yourself into a weapon mate. Use the pain to be an absolute animal in your life mate Remember the movie Scarface? "the world is one big pussy just waiting to get fuc**d". Get out there and bend it over mate. Become a financial success, become a psychical specimen and became a sexual dynamo.

To be fair,I'm already the last thing,which has been a bit of an issue lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mchughcb » 06 Mar 2024, 3:52 pm

deye243 wrote:BP needs a bit of support not advice on euro trash

Take the approach I'll have any woman that will put up with me and you will have a stress free life.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Mar 2024, 4:26 pm

mchughcb wrote:
deye243 wrote:BP needs a bit of support not advice on euro trash

Take the approach I'll have any woman that will put up with me and you will have a stress free life.
Attachments
lmao-haha.gif
lmao-haha.gif (27.77 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 06 Mar 2024, 4:43 pm

Sorry to hear that BP.
The pain dulls in time.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigpete » 06 Mar 2024, 7:29 pm

I honestly don't think I've got another relationship in me. Too hard,especially as a single father. I think I'm just done atm
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 06 Mar 2024, 8:02 pm

bigpete wrote:I honestly don't think I've got another relationship in me. Too hard,especially as a single father. I think I'm just done atm

That can work pete as I did it for more than 15 years I had 2 boys to bring up on my own as my ex told them to go as well and I could never trust another since that happened.
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 07 Mar 2024, 12:33 am

bigpete wrote:I honestly don't think I've got another relationship in me. Too hard,especially as a single father. I think I'm just done atm

Dudes always think they have to wife them up or move them in.

Once you get past a certain point in life there is no real point or advantage in doing so. It just unnecessarily complicates life, especially in this hostile legal environment.

Women should be a compliment to your life, not your life. Enjoy them as a hobby not a job. If the hobby is no longer fun, find another hobby.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Billo » 07 Mar 2024, 8:19 am

Sorry to hear bigpete.

We are all but travellers and sometimes your companion for part of the journey makes us smile

Don't dwell on it too much mate, knuckle down get on with work life and friends

The next one could be even better than the last :drinks:
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 07 Mar 2024, 1:41 pm

wanneroo wrote:

Once you get past a certain point in life there is no real point or advantage in doing so. It just unnecessarily complicates life, especially in this hostile legal environment.

Women should be a compliment to your life, not your life. Enjoy them as a hobby not a job. If the hobby is no longer fun, find another hobby.

I very much agree with you. Been a bachelor most of my life. Used to think I was missing out when I was younger, now I think I dodged a bullet. Pardon the pun . I own my own house and played with hot rod cars for years. I wouldn’t have done all that and been “allowed “ to get into guns/hunting if I had a missus. The modern world and the legal minefields have destroyed relationships I reckon.
JMHO
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 08 Mar 2024, 3:19 am

bigrich wrote:
wanneroo wrote:

I very much agree with you. Been a bachelor most of my life. Used to think I was missing out when I was younger, now I think I dodged a bullet. Pardon the pun . I own my own house and played with hot rod cars for years. I wouldn’t have done all that and been “allowed “ to get into guns/hunting if I had a missus. The modern world and the legal minefields have destroyed relationships I reckon.
JMHO

It is what it is and as long as men are living in 2024 and seeing the world and women for what they are, they'll be fine. Putting them on a pedestal is asking for disappointment.

I lived with women extensively in my 20's and learned it's a highly overrated experience. I thought it was gonna be amazing :lol: :lol: , pretty much none of them could cook or clean, even just looking after themselves. They didn't bring anything to the table at all.

I also have been very observant in life and always sought to learn from others and combine that knowledge with my experience. The happiest men, whether in relationships or not, where the ones that held the frame in their life. They captained their own ship, did the things they want to do, how they wanted to do them. That women were along for the ride or not, up to them, but these men were not seeking counsel or permission from women to do what they needed to get done.

The men that were always the most miserable, often in sexless marriages or relationships, where the ones that pedestalized women and were always asking for permission from the "boss lady" or "little lady". These guys did not own their own frame, the women owned it and while modern women loudly proclaim they want to run everything, deep down they resent it and they resent men that let them push them around, even if they take advantage of them for a while, it will still eat away at them.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by mchughcb » 08 Mar 2024, 6:28 am

You are goddam right.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 08 Mar 2024, 11:36 am

In regards to finance I suggest you blokes own nothing. Trusts, companies, etc should own everything. The individual should not own any assets apart from some clothing and maybe a few thousand dollars of fiat currency so you can navigate society. Nobody can take what you don't own.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 12 Mar 2024, 11:21 am

my wife passed in 2020 my world stopped I no I might sound like I am just giving you a ruff time but you will get over it and life will get better no one died try not to let it keep down go and do some thing you enjoy doing
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Mar 2024, 11:42 am

wrenchman wrote:my wife passed in 2020 my world stopped I no I might sound like I am just giving you a ruff time but you will get over it and life will get better no one died try not to let it keep down go and do some thing you enjoy doing

That's good advice.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 12 Mar 2024, 1:43 pm

alexjones wrote:In regards to finance I suggest you blokes own nothing. Trusts, companies, etc should own everything. The individual should not own any assets apart from some clothing and maybe a few thousand dollars of fiat currency so you can navigate society. Nobody can take what you don't own.

Yep I know a bloke in lakes entrance like that he has 2 pro boats and the company owns everything and the ex gets nothing and she is a c*** of a thing .
And I do know what she is like as she is my step daughter :lol: ...... like mother like daughter.......
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 12 Mar 2024, 2:44 pm

alexjones wrote:I don't blame the women I blame the communists who vote for crap laws which make all this stuff happen.

We all know the old saying about how "Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times".

Australia and the western world is a prime example of this. We as a nation are weak which is why times are tough and people complain about the most mundane things because every single basic need is met.

My Mum was born during the depression to parents who were born in 1890, the current generation have absolutely no idea.
They get the vapours if there's no wifi to check their likes on faceplant.
Tell them there isn't enough dripping for their morning toast, they'll think you're from another planet.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by alexjones » 12 Mar 2024, 2:51 pm

Lazarus wrote:
alexjones wrote:I don't blame the women I blame the communists who vote for crap laws which make all this stuff happen.

We all know the old saying about how "Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times".

Australia and the western world is a prime example of this. We as a nation are weak which is why times are tough and people complain about the most mundane things because every single basic need is met.

My Mum was born during the depression to parents who were born in 1890, the current generation have absolutely no idea.
They get the vapours if there's no wifi to check their likes on faceplant.
Tell them there isn't enough dripping for their morning toast, they'll think you're from another planet.

Yeah mate. The older generation really are the greatest generation. They know exactly what it is like to suffer.

My granddad use to give me a hiding if we didn't finish our plate at dinner time. Eat up boy because you never know when your next meal is coming from was his mentality.

One thing I admire about poor places like Africa is the people live in reality and are happy to have food, clean water and shelter. Woke nonsense and not offending people is of no concern to them because they literally need to fight to survive. Where in Australia and the west with the welfare state basic needs are met which focusses on people to become lazy and entitled.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 12 Mar 2024, 2:53 pm

The one positives of the people who lived through the world wars was there was none of that pronoun woke nonsense.

Soccer mums rule the world.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Larry » 13 Mar 2024, 6:47 am

Really sorry to hear about it bigpete. Relationships can get so messy and complicated. Its crazy s**t and a lot of the stuff done by both parties is often done with later regret.
The biggest lesson I have learnt is you dont need to be right just let some things goes the old "Yes dear" and happy wife happy life I have found prove to be true. Better luck on the next go around. I just wish the other half would put as much effort into the relationship as I do. but in the end I am the one that benefits from the work so its all good in my books.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by alexjones » 13 Mar 2024, 9:56 am

The saying I am hearing lately is "hoeflation" and it goes like this.

Modern men have to work 5x harder than their grandfathers for women 20x worse than what their grandmothers were.

I would bet every bodies grandmothers on here more often than not had good moral character compared to the vast majority of young people today.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Larry » 13 Mar 2024, 9:59 am

To put all the blame for how women have changed on women is a bit much. The boys or men of today are just as responsible for the attitudes of those around them, to say that they are not an influence is very short sighted.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation