phone noises

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

phone noises

Post by mickb » 29 Mar 2024, 12:13 pm

a mates mobile phone does a lot of weird stuff at times. Voice will cut out and then static, or what sounds like deep heavy breathing. Im pretty sure he isnt getting turned on by my voice, and doesnt prank people, being almost 80 and doesnt like phones.
He actually changed phones and numbers as he had enough. Turns out same thing still occasionally happens. I actually called him on the road the other night, got static. Called back and all I could hear was a loud grunt that sounded like Satan and then nothing( actually put the wind up me as I was driving an outback road at about 2am ). Then called him back and he said at his end he was getting those grunting noises the whole time, literally like pigs he thought. His house does have poor reception, the front part of it recieves, the back of the house reception is spotty so maybe something to do with it. Or maybe its haunted lol
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Re: phone noises

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Mar 2024, 4:54 pm

It would be wise to place sprigs of rosemary throughout both your homes, do some smudging with sage then sit back and watch a horror movie.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 29 Mar 2024, 5:21 pm

ufo activity ? spooks ?
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 29 Mar 2024, 9:01 pm

Spooks mate. They still got tabs on you.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 30 Mar 2024, 5:05 am

mchughcb wrote:Spooks mate. They still got tabs on you.

i've seen some strange things in my life , witnessed by others too . taught me to have a open mind , we don't know everything there is to know .

no , i'm not into drugs ....... :P
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by alexjones » 30 Mar 2024, 6:23 am

This photo is everybody.
Attachments
7ekwik.jpg
7ekwik.jpg (84.3 KiB) Viewed 327 times
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by animalpest » 30 Mar 2024, 1:20 pm

:wtf: Do some reloading but use silver bullets
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by mickb » 30 Mar 2024, 2:10 pm

I was hoping for some rather mundane explanations such as crossed lines or worst case nigerian hackers but if its silver bullets needed, I can do that.:D.
But am I shooting his phone or mine or was the plan to wait for something hairy and obnoxious to appear?

Actually always wondered about silver as a projectile( excluding the cost of course). Slightly higher density and harder than lead, would probably do pretty well...
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigrich » 31 Mar 2024, 12:19 pm

mickb wrote: wait for something hairy and obnoxious to appear?

i didn't realize that we had met before mick ..... :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 02 Apr 2024, 8:46 am

Why is it that when people are unable to provide an informed answer yet feel an overpowering need to make a comment they become comedians?
The reality is it is most likely crappy hands free performance of one or both phones in the particular environment they are being used at the time.
My experience has been when I am non hands free and I have a pretty bad echo or hear extraneous noises and ask the other party to switch from hands free the issue disappears. Similarly if the other party complains of my poor sound quality and I am hands free then switching it off usually solves the problem.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Apr 2024, 10:42 am

Yes, hands free is generally not as good/clear as normal use.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation