Why ???

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Why ???

Post by Die Judicii » 25 Apr 2024, 1:45 am

Our illustrious govt/s have banned the advertising of all cigarrete/smoking apparel (to which i'm not personally opposed) as an ex smoker),,,,,, yet seemingly not so,,,,,, to the open advertisements of alchohol products which arguably cause as much if not more distress,, in the general populace. Why ???
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Why ???

Post by bigrich » 25 Apr 2024, 6:11 am

Die Judicii wrote:Our illustrious govt/s have banned the advertising of all cigarrete/smoking apparel (to which i'm not personally opposed) as an ex smoker),,,,,, yet seemingly not so,,,,,, to the open advertisements of alchohol products which arguably cause as much if not more distress,, in the general populace. Why ???

$money$

smokes , fuel , cigarettes . major cash cow for our illustrious leaders :roll:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Shootermick » 25 Apr 2024, 6:48 am

Plus all the gambling adds during the sport.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 25 Apr 2024, 6:49 am

Excluding sex videos of children and animals I am against all forms of censorship of materials. Let the people decide where they want to spend their currency on.

In regards to health, processed sugar and saturated fats kill more people than anything through heart disease. A lot of people eat crap food with a huge caloric intake that exceeds their energy expenditure. AKA they store body fat because they eat to much food and are lazy. On average an adult male of average height and little exercise only needs around 2500 calories a day to function. Then break that macronutrients down into 40% protein 40% carbs and 20% fats.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation