Crime efficiency

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Crime efficiency

Post by alexjones » 10 May 2024, 2:46 pm

You blokes see this?

Two Aussies were killed in Mexico and the police could not track down the suspects but the local cartel found them and handed them over to police. I find this rather amusing that a "capitalist enterprise" left to its own devices is more efficient in protecting its territory than the police. :drinks:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... ffc9439b10
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Crime efficiency

Post by Die Judicii » 10 May 2024, 3:13 pm

Especially so when coupled with the latest move/s against LAFO's by the Labor party here in Qld.
(see article published by SSAA) :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Larry » 10 May 2024, 3:20 pm

I dont find it that surprising a criminal gang I would expect to know or have associations with other crims in the area. When I was a kid I knew who was the good kids and who was bad to the point of knowing who was behind graffiti and other stuff that naughty kids do.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Bugman » 10 May 2024, 4:18 pm

At least if the cartel dobbed them in then i doubt if there would be retribution to those "dobbers" Interesting concept in the criminal world.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 10 May 2024, 6:23 pm

His girl friend dobbed him in.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 11 May 2024, 4:50 am

it's my understanding the cartels are pretty unique in mexico and south america . they can be ruthless , but also act with a social conscience . some cartels and pablo escabar were very generous to their local communities , as well as dishing out justice to those that crossed a line . i think their PR guys would like to push the image that they are robin hoods with guns . and a lot of cocaine ...... ;)
just like the mafia , the cartels would have eyes and ears everywhere . handing over these murders would stop the police disturbing things and asking questions i would imagine . it'd be bad for business ..... :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 11 May 2024, 6:52 am

alexjones wrote:You blokes see this?

Two Aussies were killed in Mexico and the police could not track down the suspects but the local cartel found them and handed them over to police. I find this rather amusing that a "capitalist enterprise" left to its own devices is more efficient in protecting its territory than the police. :drinks:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... ffc9439b10

It's not all that hard to understand.
Legal or not, business is business. It is in the interest of the business owners and beneficiaries to motivate and exploit what is good for business and to supress what is bad for business.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 11 May 2024, 6:57 am

Die Judicii wrote:Especially so when coupled with the latest move/s against LAFO's by the Labor party here in Qld.
(see article published by SSAA) :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Worldwide and especially in Europe there appears to be increasing examples of Governments liberalising national firearm laws. Do they know something our Governments don't.
Maybe our Governments or more importantly their backers haven't received the memo yet.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by NTSOG » 12 May 2024, 1:00 pm

G'day,

I suspect the two alleged killers were on a hiding to nothing having attracted unwanted international attention into the back yard of the drug cartels. If the blokes hadn't been dobbed in by the girlfriend, I suspect they might have developed severe cases of lead poisoning for disturbing the local 'peace' and embarrassing the drug lords.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 12 May 2024, 7:43 pm

I assume that this is what Die Judicii is referring to
https://sportingshooter.com.au/gun-law/ ... rm-owners/

See paragraph 6
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major