For those who are open to the possibility.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

For those who are open to the possibility.

Post by Die Judicii » 03 Jul 2024, 9:17 pm

As stated, "For those who are open to the possibility" I venture to say that what the world really needs now,,,,, is for the following scenario to come to fruition.

There are those that think/believe that both intelligent and superior life forms / (aliens) not only exist,,,,,,,, but are simply sitting back, and observing this world and us,,,,,,,,,,, (the human race) in its seemingly headlong race into ? self destruction.

If you have an open mind and are willing to accept this may perhaps be a possibility,,,,

Wouldn't it be good if they were to make themselves known, and demonstrate to us (preferably in a peacefull manner) just how easy it would be for them to wipe us out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or ,,,,, actually threaten us as a species. Something akin to the movie "Independence Day"

Now that would get both Joe and Donald back to back,,,, and talking realistically to Zi Jin Ping,, Putin,, Kim Jong Un,, Abu Hafs alHashemi al- Qurayshi,,,,,, and the likes.

In other words,, the human race needs a good kick up the arse,,,,,, and the above mentioned would be a sure fire way to do it if it,, (Independence Day) were to actually happen.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
And,,,,It's been proven,,,,, the most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were all canines.
Whilst in most cases ignorance should be excused,,,,,,, stupididty simply cannot.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: For those who are open to the possibility.

Post by bigrich » 04 Jul 2024, 5:40 am

Die Judicii wrote:As stated, "For those who are open to the possibility" I venture to say that what the world really needs now,,,,, is for the following scenario to come to fruition.

There are those that think/believe that both intelligent and superior life forms / (aliens) not only exist,,,,,,,, but are simply sitting back, and observing this world and us,,,,,,,,,,, (the human race) in its seemingly headlong race into ? self destruction.

If you have an open mind and are willing to accept this may perhaps be a possibility,,,,

Wouldn't it be good if they were to make themselves known, and demonstrate to us (preferably in a peacefull manner) just how easy it would be for them to wipe us out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or ,,,,, actually threaten us as a species. Something akin to the movie "Independence Day"

Now that would get both Joe and Donald back to back,,,, and talking realistically to Zi Jin Ping,, Putin,, Kim Jong Un,, Abu Hafs alHashemi al- Qurayshi,,,,,, and the likes.

In other words,, the human race needs a good kick up the arse,,,,,, and the above mentioned would be a sure fire way to do it if it,, (Independence Day) were to actually happen.

i myself, as well as neighbors and passerby's , and possibly thousands of others , saw two ufo's go over salisbury, a Brisbane suburb , in 1998. got a very clear look, everyone i spoke too had no doubt of what they were . ya gotta be a brave person to talk about this sort of thing , but more people are open to the odds that earth is the only planet with life in a infinite universe is ridiculous . some of the structures built by the ancients defy modern science .we can't build with stone blocks of the size, and with the accuracy that ancient civilizations did . in the bible (ezekiel , Isaiah ) and other ancient records, carvings, ect, it's been documented . there was even a UFO in the records of the battle of hastings in 11th century England
i've seen some strange things in my life , some of which has to do with spooks as well . it's taught me to keep a open mind, that there's things in nature and science beyond our understanding . people can think of me what they like , and being a avatar on the internet , it's hard for others to gauge my sincerity, intelligence and personality. the truth is out there :P

now i better get moving as i've got brunch with bigfoot and the loch ness monster....... :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Jul 2024, 6:49 am

I don't think they exist, I know they do, I've seen an alien spacecraft with my own two eyes along with several other bystanders sometime in the late 80's.
As already mentioned, It's been happening since the dawn of time, it has been documented in cave paintings and told as stories.

Personally I think we're here on earth to serve them, I also think that they control our system of governance somehow, I believe they only want resources, what better way than to seed planets with humans, make what their looking for a "valuable resource", have a system of governance that sees most of the mined, processed and highly refined resource stored in a few central locations and once we get out of control they'll swoop in and take the Gold.

With all their technical know how and intelligence, why else just seemingly sit back and watch for as long as we've been humans.
Look at all the earth destroying crap we do, the unsustainable population growth... this ain't natural. We will wipe ourselves out and yet our governments still push for growth for a bigger economy when blind Freddie can see we need to do the exact opposite.

Yes, we're all just their slaves.
Anyhow I'd better get myself out of bed and off to work , gotta keep the wheels turning, I'd hate to end up on the scrap heap with the other humans who don't want to be part of the system.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Jorlcrin » 04 Jul 2024, 9:10 am

I'm prepared to believe in such things as UFO's and/or Aliens, but yet to see any concrete proof that I could take to the bank.
There is a growing pile of evidence that there are operators on Earth, who have access to capabilities/power/tech that the rest of us dont have.

I do think the current cesspit that is the human race, could well do with a visit from a Dino-Killing asteroid..

Makes me wonder what the dinosaurs did to piss off the Alien Overlords..

A Charter-Pilot mate of my Dads, used to have one aircraft registered as VH-UFO (Uniform Foxtrot Oscar - Piper Navajo).
It was pretty common for him to be flying into controlled airspace at all times of the night (This was Pre-ADSB times).
Once the controller requested he 'Squawked' his transponder, it was a common for them to advise he was 'Now IDENTIFIED'...
Used to give him a smile, at any rate..
Jorlcrin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 04 Jul 2024, 3:48 pm

Fermi paradox
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 04 Jul 2024, 7:07 pm

Mate of mine and his family had a big ufo hover over their car and then fly off in a rural area. In Victoria I think he just stopped on the side of the road for a pee. He said it took off with zero sound The numbers of planets likely to be able to support life ( water and oxygen) have been estimated in the trillions. Thinkin we are the only ones is not logical
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jul 2024, 7:35 pm

Blr243 wrote:Mate of mine and his family had a big ufo hover over their car and then fly off in a rural area. In Victoria I think he just stopped on the side of the road for a pee. He said it took off with zero sound The numbers of planets likely to be able to support life ( water and oxygen) have been estimated in the trillions. Thinkin we are the only ones is not logical

Pretty right.
BUT with the distances involved its difficult to fathom how they would travel here within a sensible time frame.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
A bit more bang is better.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Jul 2024, 7:58 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Blr243 wrote:Mate of mine and his family had a big ufo hover over their car and then fly off in a rural area. In Victoria I think he just stopped on the side of the road for a pee. He said it took off with zero sound The numbers of planets likely to be able to support life ( water and oxygen) have been estimated in the trillions. Thinkin we are the only ones is not logical

Pretty right.
BUT with the distances involved its difficult to fathom how they would travel here within a sensible time frame.

who knows. "bending" time and space :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jul 2024, 8:41 pm

bigrich wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Pretty right.

who knows. "bending" time and space :unknown:

Well,,,,, if they are travelling here,,,it's waaayyy beyond our technical ability. But possible I guess. :unknown:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
A bit more bang is better.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Jul 2024, 9:48 pm

Regardless of where they're coming from, how long it takes, or how,,,,,, it seems they manage quite well.
Let's face it,, the technology involved is simply well outside of our current understandings and grasp.

I myself always had an open mind and believed that such things do in fact exist,, and that continued until one night while surf fishing with three other mates.
Just before dawn we were lucky enough to observe a massive craft for over twenty minutes.
First observed way off in the distance (horizon) travelling slowly from right to left,,, then it did a 90 degree turn and headed straight inland toward us.
The closer to the coast it got the more it slowed down,,, to the point that as it passed overhead, it appeared to wobble.
It was far larger than any passenger jet, and absolutely silent.
If it were a jet,, it would have literally fell out of the air because it was travelling so slow.

It then went overhead and travelled directly inland for quite a distance before veering off to the right at about 45 degrees, and eventually disappeared into the distance.

The ?? navigation lights on it were nothing remotely like any conventional aircraft I've ever seen,,, and the overall shape/outline was also nothing like any conventional craft, and in my humble opinion would/should NEVER have been able to fly.

That morning only served to utterly convince me that such things certainly do exist. :thumbsup:
And,,,,It's been proven,,,,, the most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were all canines.
Whilst in most cases ignorance should be excused,,,,,,, stupididty simply cannot.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by mickb » 06 Jul 2024, 2:20 pm

My grandfather told me that when he was a young man he was working outback sleeping under the stars and saw 4 lights moving over head. They then stopped and split up in four different directions and shot off at incredible speed. he wasnt a heavy drinker nor prone to flights off fancy and this was well before rockets or even jet flight existed. I was a convert right there.

My biggest worry is not that their hostile or even nonchalant of us its that they are so advanced we cant interact with them in any useful way.

For example if I were to walk up to an ant hill and declare 'take me to your leader' or " I bring you the gift of nuclear power and schematics for the combusion engine" it wouldnt mean a great deal to termite-kind. In fact there wouldnt actually be anything I could do to improve their life, except...just leave them alone.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigpete » 07 Jul 2024, 10:38 am

I dont do enough drugs
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Jul 2024, 9:33 pm

bigpete wrote:I dont do enough drugs

That's OK Thomas,, :lol:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation