Shed to a man cave

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Shed to a man cave

Post by MrClark » 04 Oct 2014, 5:12 pm

G'day

Just after a bit of advise and a few ideas for turning my future shed into a man cave.

I've just about finished building my first house, and I've got room for a 6mx6m shed out back, I've got side access all the way to the shed.

Question is is 6mx6m big enough to fit a pool table, bar, fridges, couch, wood fire in? I'm not too clued up on pool table sizes. Oh and I'll be hanging a couple of sambar wall mounts too.

One more question for the WA blokes. If I was to take a M70 featherweight and have it de-activated, can I just hang that on the wall or does it still need to be in a safe (which would make it pointless) or can I bolt/chain the bastard to the wall?

Any help, ideas, pics of your own sheds would be awesome.

Oh yeah the bar will definitly have beer taps!!!
I really hope Export isn't actually Exported, mighty embarrassing for WA, hahaha I'll still drink it though
MrClark
Private
Private

Western Australia

Re: Shed to a man cave

Post by MeccaOz » 05 Oct 2014, 12:48 pm

MrClark wrote:G'day
Just after a bit of advise and a few ideas for turning my future shed into a man cave.
I've just about finished building my first house, and I've got room for a 6mx6m shed out back, I've got side access all the way to the shed.
Question is is 6mx6m big enough to fit a pool table, bar, fridges, couch, wood fire in? I'm not too clued up on pool table sizes. Oh and I'll be hanging a couple of sambar wall mounts too.
One more question for the WA blokes. If I was to take a M70 featherweight and have it de-activated, can I just hang that on the wall or does it still need to be in a safe (which would make it pointless) or can I bolt/chain the bastard to the wall?

Any help, ideas, pics of your own sheds would be awesome.

Oh yeah the bar will definitly have beer taps!!!

I think ( Dont quote me on this ) If a firearm is deactivated, it is no longer classed as a firearm. And I think you will need a bigger shed mate ... Dont we all ? :D
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by MeccaOz » 05 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by RDobber » 06 Oct 2014, 1:38 pm

MrClark wrote:Question is is 6mx6m big enough to fit a pool table, bar, fridges, couch, wood fire in? I'm not too clued up on pool table sizes. Oh and I'll be hanging a couple of sambar wall mounts too.

Just about the worst thing is a pool table without enough room to use a queue properly.

Measure it out and if you're going to be holding sticks up at a stupid angle give it a miss and use the space for something else.
300 Win Mag Fanboy

Tikka, Tikka, Tikka, BOOM!
RDobber
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by huccl » 06 Oct 2014, 3:11 pm

MrClark wrote:Question is is 6mx6m big enough to fit a pool table, bar, fridges, couch, wood fire in? I'm not too clued up on pool table sizes. Oh and I'll be hanging a couple of sambar wall mounts too.

Any room to go inside it with all that? :lol:
Browning A-Bolt M-1000 Eclipse 308 Win
CZ 453 Varmint 22LR
huccl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by inspector » 06 Oct 2014, 5:47 pm

A mate of mine got a bar area put in his with a beer-tap.

The greatest room ever.
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 07 Oct 2014, 10:16 am

If you want to fit a 'standard' English snooker table.... its 12'x6', or about 3.6mx1.8m, you'll want at least 1.8 clearance, so the room needs to be internally 5.4m x 7.2m... of course you can get smaller tables :?

For all the other stuff....you'll need a slightly bigger man cave, maybe 10m x10m as a starting point :D
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Westy » 07 Oct 2014, 8:10 pm

Bugger the pool table you'll only end up storing motorbike parts on it anyways and under it just go with a nice soft lounge and a few of these :lol: :D :lol:
Attachments
P1010078.jpg
P1010078.jpg (28.14 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Gregg » 08 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm

1290 wrote: of course you can get smaller tables :?

3/4 size table is fun to start. The novelty wears off too soon though I reckon.

Everyone gets good enough too fast and games become boring on the small tables when you own one.

Good luck with it though, sounds like it's got some real potential ;)
Howa 1500 .270 WInchester
Savage Model 10/110 Predator .204 Ruger
Gregg
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 10 Oct 2014, 5:17 pm

For the average punter....a game of pool - on a 'spec' pool table is an ordeal. you'll need drink breaks, smokos etc.. :lol:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 10 Oct 2014, 5:20 pm

inspector wrote:A mate of mine got a bar area put in his with a beer-tap.

A friend of mine has 3 taps with his kitchen sink, hot water-cold water-Beer, all kitchens should have a Beer tap.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by MrClark » 13 Oct 2014, 2:51 pm

Thanks for all the replies fellas I've been on holidays so couldn't reply. Alright so pool table might take up too much space, so instead dart board, TV, bar, beer taps? Anyone got any photos? Oh I would love a bigger shed but no more space hahaha
I really hope Export isn't actually Exported, mighty embarrassing for WA, hahaha I'll still drink it though
MrClark
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Combat_Wombat » 13 Oct 2014, 3:17 pm

I love the idea of a ceiling mounted pool table that can get winched up when not in use but it would be a b***h to level out every time :lol:
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lyam » 13 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm

How high are your ceilings?

More of a bitch clocking yourself on the dangling legs when you walk past :lol:
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by MrClark » 13 Oct 2014, 10:51 pm

Hahahaha thinking outside the box!
MrClark
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by RealNick » 15 Oct 2014, 1:21 pm

Maybe you can may it rise up from the floor instead like a Hollywood villains secret lair.
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation