Evil commie "potato scallop" traitors

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Evil commie "potato scallop" traitors

Post by anthillinside » 14 Jan 2015, 9:24 pm

1290 wrote:
teedo wrote:Ask him what Italians call potato scallops :mrgreen:

Merda.

The only way to cook potato is Gnocchi.
Preferably with a slow cooked diced pork belly sugo and of course a couple of nice reds....

Ooooooooooh the joy. The joy.

Merda! :o Not in his kitchen
He does a slow cooked beef from his own "special cut" no recipe, it gets better every time he makes it ... so so mmmmmmmmmmmmm :drinks:
Scallops go into Marinara, definatley not cakes. :clap:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 15 Jan 2015, 10:03 am

Pint 568ml 20 ounces

If you can bloody well find somewhere that doesn't 'just do pots' here these days.

:evil:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 15 Jan 2015, 10:26 am

anthillinside wrote:Merda! :o Not in his kitchen
He does a slow cooked beef from his own "special cut" no recipe, it gets better every time he makes it ... so so mmmmmmmmmmmmm :drinks:
Scallops go into Marinara, definatley not cakes. :clap:

Osso Buco....mmmmmmmm, when the meat falls off the bone, and the marrow dissolves on your tongue, its ready.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 15 Jan 2015, 10:32 am

Lorgar wrote:
Pint 568ml 20 ounces

If you can bloody well find somewhere that doesn't 'just do pots' here these days.

:evil:

Many dont do pints...you're right... I recall once I asked for a pint of Guinness, response was;

"we dont serve pints, only pots"

I asked why?!?!

(I was startig to get a bit wound up, in my mind its 'not right' to enjoy G in less than a pint)

"Oh, the responsible serving of alcohol guidelines...."

in other words, it would be too much al-co-hol for the customers.....at any one time.

Fair enough, I said, I'll have 2 pot, and I shortly thereafter had my pint, conveniently delivered in two more manageable servings :D

:drinks:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Fujix » 15 Jan 2015, 1:33 pm

1290 wrote:"we dont serve pints, only pots"

I asked why?!?!

(I was startig to get a bit wound up, in my mind its 'not right' to enjoy G in less than a pint)

"Oh, the responsible serving of alcohol guidelines...."

Oh in that case, 6 shots of tequila thanks.

They still do those everywhere.
Barrett M82 .50 calibre... Ok, not really :(
Fujix
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 17 Jan 2015, 2:05 pm

1290 wrote:
teedo wrote:Ask him what Italians call potato scallops :mrgreen:

Merda.

The only way to cook potato is Gnocchi.
Preferably with a slow cooked diced pork belly sugo and of course a couple of nice reds....

Ooooooooooh the joy. The joy.

well..... the pork belly has been cooking away since 12...I'm testing it every 20mins :D ... Gnocchi creation will commence shortly. I opened the Red.... some watchman Shiraz from the Marg River... I was a bit suss given that its a Shiraz in a Burgundy bottle :crazy: of course Shiraz live only in a Bordeaux.....
anyway.. its not too bad.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 17 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm

Now your making me hungry.
Think I'll go down town and get some fish & chips and some potato cakes
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Jan 2015, 9:01 pm

Oldbloke wrote:You all have it wrong. I just renamed them "batteredspud". Now I win LOL

Sheesh, how many times do I have to say " batteredspud " to get my point across. Nobody listens these days. Especially the Mrs. :crazy:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 17 Jan 2015, 9:41 pm

anyone who after reading this thread suddenly decided to jump in the car, head to your nearest fish and chip shop and buy yourself a bunch of potato SCOLLOPS?
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Jan 2015, 9:50 pm

Pajamatime, I got some batteredspuds yesterday and it reminded me of this thread. Lol Does that count?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 17 Jan 2015, 9:58 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Pajamatime, I got some batteredspuds yesterday and it reminded me of this thread. Lol Does that count?

battered spud traitor! :roll:
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Hucka » 18 Jan 2015, 8:54 am

pajamatime wrote:anyone who after reading this thread suddenly decided to jump in the car, head to your nearest fish and chip shop and buy yourself a bunch of potato SCOLLOPS?

No,

OK, yes. ;)
Hucka
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Jan 2015, 11:18 pm

No, I don't stand for any of that Potato scallop nonsense ! Thet are potato fritters.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by tom604 » 19 Jan 2015, 7:57 am

don't be too hard on them, they are from the "east" the land that was populated by poor illiterate criminals, its not their fault that they confuse scallops (seafood) with fritters (yummy battered potato) :thumbsup: as that old saying go"s,, you can lead an easty to a fritter but you cant stop him eating a scallop :lol: :lol: :lol: :friends:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 19 Jan 2015, 10:58 am

Fritters? scallops, scollops scallaps ..... I thought it was agreed they were CAKES, as in a pressed or compressed mass of something (in this case potato)... theyre not sea food, and theyre not a sliced potato (not fully cut through) baked with a varying sauce saturated upon....

They are definitely POTATO CAKES, any states that call them otherwise, please go to your fish and chipper, and kindly request the proprietor to 'adjust' their menus.....you may need to learn it in Mandarin (or Cantonese?)

anyway, on a serious note,
I find a sad part of our modern culture, especially for the younger Aussies, that feel the need to live on fast food. Yes, they 'learn' that when hungry head down or stop off, it's convenient. Its a shame that so many people and families rely on fast food, and spend a great deal of their budget on it BECASUE THEY DONT KNOW ANY BETTER..... then complain that food bills are monumental.

Yes, Macca, hungries, fish and chip, is convenient, is tasty, is fine, but as I say to the kids.... its a sometimes food....definitely not an all-times food.

The Gnocchi and pork belly sugo that I 'commentaried' on ^up^ there.... was delicious, and I know what it would cost in a restaurant$$ yet the cost of preparation was probably half the cost of feed burgers and fries to the family...... and unless you live next door to a take-away, you could probably prepare the gnocchi part in less time than going out. Where is the sense in the fast food mentality?? on a totally unrelated matter (or is it?) cancer rates, in defiance of the supposed billions of dollars in research, new drug formulations, new treatments, new preventative measures and campaigns - ARE INCREASING! with every day, in this country approx 120 people die from malignant AND benign neoplasms (Cancer)....

Whats wrong with the fries from Maccas? I found a fry that had slipped under the car seat... it had been under the carseat for no less than 14 years (yes I know exactly the duration because I had driven the car for that long) and it looked exactly like day it was fried! not so unrelated me thinks :thumbsdown:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by jackles » 20 Jan 2015, 9:17 am

1290 wrote:Whats wrong with the fries from Maccas? I found a fry that had slipped under the car seat... it had been under the carseat for no less than 14 years (yes I know exactly the duration because I had driven the car for that long) and it looked exactly like day it was fried! not so unrelated me thinks :thumbsdown:

There's a thing on the net where some folks did a test with leaving a Maccas cheeseburger out for 2 years. The pickle disintegrated but other than that still looked like the day it was made.
32-20 Winchester 9422
.22LR Remington Model 5
.308 Remington 700
Coming soon... 17HMR
jackles
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Lorgar » 20 Jan 2015, 9:24 am

1290 wrote:I thought it was agreed they were CAKES

I agreed to no such thing! :lol:

1290 wrote:Yes, they 'learn' that when hungry head down or stop off, it's convenient. Its a shame that so many people and families rely on fast food, and spend a great deal of their budget on it BECASUE THEY DONT KNOW ANY BETTER..... then complain that food bills are monumental.

The lack of knowledge is amazing sometimes (sad, really).

I was watching one of the Jamie Oliver series a while ago and there was a woman in her late 20's or so with two kids who didn't know what boiling water looked like.

They were cooking pasta and she asked if the water was "supposed to bubble like that?".

:?
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation