Finally got my license!

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Finally got my license!

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 08 Jan 2016, 10:50 am

After submitting my license application last April(!), this week I finally received my interim paper license. After countless setbacks, police losing paperwork, tafe stuffups, rebookings and eventually doing the safety course, then the 7 1/2 week wait after that, I'm finally licensed! And I still haven't received my course books from tafe...

So naturally the first thing I did was go into my lgs and put a deposit on a little savage mkii package. Hopefully my pta is approved before I pass on from old age!
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Finally!

Post by KWhorenet » 08 Jan 2016, 11:00 am

sounds like a real pain in the arse. hope its smooth sailing from now on
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Farmjer » 08 Jan 2016, 1:40 pm

The joys of SA licensing :sarcasm:
Farmjer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Hatter » 21 Jan 2016, 12:02 pm

oh_yeah.jpeg
oh_yeah.jpeg (12.4 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
30-06 Steyr 98 -- .243W Steyr Pro Varmint -- 32-20 WCF Winchester 1885 -- 223 Remington 700 5R
Hatter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 21 Jan 2016, 5:32 pm

Hatter wrote:
oh_yeah.jpeg

Haha gold
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jan 2016, 5:44 pm

9 months????
To say the least - that is ridiculous.
Once you get you full licence, I would be putting in a formal complaint.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 21 Jan 2016, 9:42 pm

bentaz wrote:I dont get what tafe has to do with it?

A requirement of getting licensed here in SA is doing a one day long Firearms Safety Course at TAFE. The first date I booked to do this, as well as paid the quite large fee, enrolment forms arrived pre typed with a mistake. I ended up having to rebook my course due to family reasons anyway, but I never actually received the replacement form. This was in August. So I booked in again for another date in Oct, never received forms. Called up closer to the date, sorry, you were overlooked and that course is full now. There was one opening left for the year, in Nov, if I wanted it I had to drive 220 kms to a regional pistol club, or I could wait til 2016. So I booked it, completed it, and I'm actually still waiting for my textbook and workbooks to arrive....

Add that stuff around to SAPOL forgetting to mail out my approval letter, "Oh, looks like you were approved a couple of months ago sir, haven't you received your letter yet?"

You can see why I'm relieved to finally have the piece of paper in my hands. Hopefully my PTA doesn't take so long, I'd like to get my rifle sometime this year if possible...
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by pajamatime » 22 Jan 2016, 1:56 am

Stubbles McBeard wrote:
bentaz wrote:I dont get what tafe has to do with it?

A requirement of getting licensed here in SA is doing a one day long Firearms Safety Course at TAFE. The first date I booked to do this, as well as paid the quite large fee, enrolment forms arrived pre typed with a mistake. I ended up having to rebook my course due to family reasons anyway, but I never actually received the replacement form. This was in August. So I booked in again for another date in Oct, never received forms. Called up closer to the date, sorry, you were overlooked and that course is full now. There was one opening left for the year, in Nov, if I wanted it I had to drive 220 kms to a regional pistol club, or I could wait til 2016. So I booked it, completed it, and I'm actually still waiting for my textbook and workbooks to arrive....

Add that stuff around to SAPOL forgetting to mail out my approval letter, "Oh, looks like you were approved a couple of months ago sir, haven't you received your letter yet?"

You can see why I'm relieved to finally have the piece of paper in my hands. Hopefully my PTA doesn't take so long, I'd like to get my rifle sometime this year if possible...

Crap m8 if anyone could attract a whole lot of bad you surely had a good go at it lol. Grats on finally getting your licence m8 now go recruit a thousand more well behaved LAFOS champ. Lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 22 Jan 2016, 9:36 am

At least it's all done now, and I can put it all behind me. Now I can concentrate on filling up my safe!
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Finally got my license!

Post by Korkt » 22 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm

Happy Hunting Stub
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 12 Feb 2016, 10:58 am

Photo license finally arrived today, lets hope my pta isn't too far behind it!
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Redwood » 29 Feb 2016, 9:45 am

Congratz :D
Redwood
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation