The up late I'm bored open topic thread.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The up late I'm bored open topic thread.

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 09 Feb 2017, 11:25 am

Fergie!
Massey Ferguson....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 09 Feb 2017, 4:14 pm

You know, I loved your Commonwealth brothers Judas Priest. But I thought they wore all that leather because they were cool. I had no idea!

I feel so violated. It's kinda like accidentally picking up a tranny in Panama.

Their music rocks, though :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 09 Feb 2017, 5:27 pm

Title_II wrote: It's kinda like accidentally picking up a tranny in Panama.....

something you'd like to share with your brothers...??? :allegedly: :lol: :allegedly:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by superdave » 09 Feb 2017, 5:36 pm

bentaz wrote:Well if Finnish Bluegrass isn't your thing how about some Scottish Pirate Folk-metal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55CqLc6IR0

Fookin 'ell....... I had no idea.
superdave
Recruit
Recruit

New Zealand

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2017, 11:23 pm

Haven't posted here for a while and it's turned into pirates taking beer and Title_II adventures with transvestites.
Just to give you a bit of a laugh I'll share a dumbass thing I did today. I mounted a 51" light bar to the roof rack of the 204 rattler and when connecting the main power wire to the battery I had to strip the cable. Using a small pair of very pointy side cutters to remove the outer sheath I managed to stab myself in the left index finger. The blood was flowing rather freely and being a man I got some paper towel and fashioned a Band-Aid with some tape to hold it. Got the wire stripped, put some heat shrink tube on and crimped the terminal, holding the wire in my left hand I fired up my little propane torch for the heat shrink. I managed to set the paper towel Band-Aid on fire so not only did I cut my finger it's now also burnt. Thankfully its not my trigger finger but what a dumbass thing to do.

Enjoy the laugh at my expense but please share your own self inflicted dumbass injuries.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Cryptic » 10 Feb 2017, 2:50 am

bentaz wrote:Well if Finnish Bluegrass isn't your thing how about some Scottish Pirate Folk-metal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55CqLc6IR0

Lol odd seeing that here I just came back from the Gold Coast seeing a local Pirate metal band called Lagerstein who played with that Alestorm here few years ago.
Also a Brisbane viking metal band called Valhalore on tonight too who are mates of mine.

Lagerstein Land of Bundy
https://youtu.be/4lRzcWjVIiw

Valhalore Augury of death
https://youtu.be/nxNmqKcbB9E
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Supaduke » 10 Feb 2017, 6:32 am

brett1868 wrote:Haven't posted here for a while and it's turned into pirates taking beer and Title_II adventures with transvestites.
Just to give you a bit of a laugh I'll share a dumbass thing I did today. I mounted a 51" light bar to the roof rack of the 204 rattler and when connecting the main power wire to the battery I had to strip the cable. Using a small pair of very pointy side cutters to remove the outer sheath I managed to stab myself in the left index finger. The blood was flowing rather freely and being a man I got some paper towel and fashioned a Band-Aid with some tape to hold it. Got the wire stripped, put some heat shrink tube on and crimped the terminal, holding the wire in my left hand I fired up my little propane torch for the heat shrink. I managed to set the paper towel Band-Aid on fire so not only did I cut my finger it's now also burnt. Thankfully its not my trigger finger but what a dumbass thing to do.

Enjoy the laugh at my expense but please share your own self inflicted dumbass injuries.

Lol

One of my more stupid injuries was from my days on the trawlers. I was using a small knife to prepare a net for repair. As I was cutting the net , I managed to get a decent follow through and slashed straight through my shorts , boxers and put a nice deep slash right across the top of my thigh. Had that surreal moment as I looked at the slash in my pants that very quickly became blood soaked.

Another one involved me and an oxy torch.

I had to cut the end off a seized bolt. The bolt was off the side of the ship. I had to hang off the side of the ship with one hand and use the oxy with the other. All was going well until a glowing red ball of crud blew off the cut and rolled straight under my support hand. I held on for a few moments trying to take the pain but eventually had to let go. I fell in the water and the oxy fell down along the side of the ship where it proceeded to set the side of the (wooden) boat on fire. I then had to scramble down to the rear of the boat to climb back aboard, by which time the fire was going quite nicely. The skipper wandered out to see smoke and a lot of swearing.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 10 Feb 2017, 10:42 pm

...that is all.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Feb 2017, 10:48 pm

Brett, just tell the Princess you were cauterising the wound. :D
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 11 Feb 2017, 3:57 am

Supaduke wrote:
brett1868 wrote:Haven't posted here for a while and it's turned into pirates taking beer and Title_II adventures with transvestites.

Lol

One of my more stupid injuries was from my days on the trawlers. I was using a small knife to prepare a net for repair. As I was cutting the net , I managed to get a decent follow through and slashed straight through my shorts , boxers and put a nice deep slash right across the top of my thigh. Had that surreal moment as I looked at the slash in my pants that very quickly became blood soaked.

Another one involved me and an oxy torch.

I had to cut the end off a seized bolt. The bolt was off the side of the ship. I had to hang off the side of the ship with one hand and use the oxy with the other. All was going well until a glowing red ball of crud blew off the cut and rolled straight under my support hand. I held on for a few moments trying to take the pain but eventually had to let go. I fell in the water and the oxy fell down along the side of the ship where it proceeded to set the side of the (wooden) boat on fire. I then had to scramble down to the rear of the boat to climb back aboard, by which time the fire was going quite nicely. The skipper wandered out to see smoke and a lot of swearing.

Hahahaha! Nice going mate :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Heckler303 » 11 Feb 2017, 6:07 am

juststarting wrote:Image

...that is all.

There should be a vodka of a similar name.

I'll let you figure it out. :D
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Supaduke » 11 Feb 2017, 8:56 am

A dad glass and sherry.......

You used to be cool man
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 11 Feb 2017, 9:05 am

Sherry cask, you nutter.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 11 Feb 2017, 9:12 am

Meh, I'm on the phone , can't see whiskey. I'm sticking with sherry, whiskey isn't funny, it's serious business.

All you need now is a cravat and pipe for your fortified wine (which clearly is not whiskey).

I on the other hand , am still cool :)
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 11 Feb 2017, 9:52 am

One of the more grimmacing things I have ever witnessed happened during a game of cricket. On of the fellas playing didn't own a box, so used to use the club boxes.

Now, for very obvious reasons, everyone owned their own box, always the first thing to buy. You could use any other club gear, but not the box. As a result, the club boxes were never upgraded, so, were the old tin type.

Anyway, he's in batting, I'm sitting watching with my pads on. The bowler comes in and you here a "TINK". He hops around a bit, hands straight down his pants and wrestles around a bit.

Yup. The ball had split the box, which had then opened up slightly during the impact before closing again...

He manages to pry it apart to release the sack. His whites are a bit red at this point, but not too bad, so he asks for the second club box (an even older, rattier, tin box), and carries on.

Now, this obiously wasn't his day, as three balls later... "TINK"... wrestle... more blood and a metric sh!tload of expletives. He wouldn't use a box for a while after that. That is, until, one day he missed a waist height hook shot.

He got with the times and bought himself a plastic box like everyone else
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by juststarting » 11 Feb 2017, 9:52 am

No cravat!
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 11 Feb 2017, 10:24 am

Supaduke wrote:All you need now is a cravat and pipe for your fortified wine (which clearly is not whiskey).

I on the other hand , am still cool :)

I do have an ecig mod though :) like a young man pipe.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 14 Feb 2017, 11:30 pm

So I wonder, is it an overkill to buy a rifle just because you have a set of dies sitting on a shelf that randomly came in to your possession, but missing the rifle for them ;)
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 15 Feb 2017, 12:01 am

juststarting wrote:So I wonder, is it an overkill to buy a rifle just because you have a set of dies sitting on a shelf that randomly came in to your possession, but missing the rifle for them ;)

That depends. Do you have a vagina? ;)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Supaduke » 15 Feb 2017, 5:31 am

I've never needed a reason for a new rifle beyond "hmmmm, I like that, might get me one"
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Feb 2017, 8:08 am

juststarting wrote:So I wonder, is it an overkill to buy a rifle just because you have a set of dies sitting on a shelf that randomly came in to your possession, but missing the rifle for them ;)

Like a rule of nature.....
You buy a die set.... you need a rifle.

I need a 9.3x62.... so the PTA 'reason' would be "to use my die set"
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by juststarting » 23 Feb 2017, 6:41 pm

Four bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed backed jalapenos... Dear god, I am regretting this decision right now.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 23 Feb 2017, 7:10 pm

I woulda taken them for ya!
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Cryptic » 23 Feb 2017, 8:10 pm

juststarting wrote:Four bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed backed jalapenos... Dear god, I am regretting this decision right now.

Used to love making them on my Keto diet. Had a second weight loss prospect to going by you regret them you found it out as they give ya guts hell hahaha.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 24 Feb 2017, 5:01 am

You mates are light weights. :) I eat jalapenos like carrots. When ever I make something with them I always snitch at least one.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by brett1868 » 24 Feb 2017, 6:18 am

Not at all mate, I was given a bag of 10mm pistol brass last year by Wayne from Aus Once Fired and now I've got 2 10mm pistols :) Recycling should be genuine reason enough and it's environmentally friendly.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 24 Feb 2017, 7:31 am

brett1868 wrote:

Not at all mate, I was given a bag of 10mm pistol brass last year by Wayne from Aus Once Fired and now I've got 2 10mm pistols :) Recycling should be genuine reason enough and it's environmentally friendly.

Mate, I officially nominate you for Grand Forum Gun Nut.

I have dropped a lot of change on my very small (15?) but occasionally exotic collection. But I am certain you have outspent all of us and know you have a very sophisticated collection.

Does anyone second the nomination?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 24 Feb 2017, 8:40 am

Please change the General's rank to reflect his position :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Cryptic » 26 Feb 2017, 2:57 am

16864633_1788845238046184_6802158157440180568_n.jpg
16864633_1788845238046184_6802158157440180568_n.jpg (37.39 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 26 Feb 2017, 8:01 am

He isn't bloody wrong either :lol: :lol: :lol:
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation