The up late I'm bored open topic thread.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

The up late I'm bored open topic thread.

Post by brett1868 » 08 Feb 2016, 11:09 pm

I've started this thread to give the up late and bored a place to post whatever is on their mind, without worrying about hijacking another members thread. I suffer from a sleep disorder so I'm often around long after others are tucked up in the fartsack. Feel free to post whatever you like so long as it complies with the rules and isn't covered by a specific section or thread. Below are the type of things running through my head to kick off some discussion or raise your own topic :)

My current top 13 mental ponderings are :-
1. Why does the Yamaha Wolverine SXS cost more then a new Suzuki Hayabusa and around the same price as a good condition used 2004 HiLux SR5?
2. Best caliber for shooting fish in the creek?
3. Why did my mind stop aging at 17 and why couldn't my body do the same?
4. Why do women go the bathroom in packs? If they went alone, there wouldn't be such a long bloody queue.
5. Why do men cheat on their wives or girlfriend's? (2 of the wife's friends recently discovered their partners were cheating)
6. The whole U.S Mth / Day / Yr format...what tard dreamed that up? Seriously
7. The "This and Next" argument and proof.
8. Do you turn the lights off or actually turn the dark on?
9. Why do we need 2.5 project managers for every techo at my work ?
10. Why so many 457 Visas issued with unemployment at %5.8?
11. Why does the Russian Princess insist on lab grade cleanliness in the house but wont vacuum or wash her car?
12. OCD and how to deal with it.
13. When will the Russian Princess lift the toy ban and allow the boy and I to buy more Lego? I really want the Mercedes Benz Arocs 42043 set and my birthday isn't till Aug :(
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Re: The up late I'm bored open topic thread.

Post by sandgroperbill » 08 Feb 2016, 11:24 pm

How long does it take for painkillers to kick in and knock you into unconsciousness?
How do you get by with only 2.5 project managers per techo? I thought you needed at least 7?
I wonder how much it would take to buy latvia?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 08 Feb 2016, 11:27 pm

I'll see your 42043 and raise it a 42009... with an 8110 as an intermediate step. :thumbsup:

--------

The light......or the dark......the question is whether we actually SEE the light. :unknown:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 08 Feb 2016, 11:33 pm

I was just thinking about posting in a thread thats been dead since august 2013 and in a way that contributed nothing to the original topic
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 08 Feb 2016, 11:35 pm

And how long will that qld licensing waits thread continue to be active. At least it serves a purpose though :)
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by KWhorenet » 08 Feb 2016, 11:54 pm

Is having 13 calibres unlucky ?
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Feb 2016, 12:55 am

Yes. Unlucky its not 14. In the same way as 14 is unlucky its not 15. And so forth and so forth.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 1:19 am

KWhorenet wrote:Is having 13 calibres unlucky ?

Yes, u need at least 3 more to make it sweet sixteen :D
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 09 Feb 2016, 1:26 am

brett1868 wrote:
KWhorenet wrote:Is having 13 calibres unlucky ?

Yes, u need at least 3 more to make it sweet sixteen :D

haha you would know. Thanks for the genuine advice

Coincidently I've been up this late most nights trying to communicate with a dealer in the UK and another guy inspecting something in 7.62 (cal I don't have yet) on my behalf.

If it is in the condition I want then I'll forgive the price landed. Will be charging up my phone for OS credit tomorrow night. Want this s**t to get serious and not just stuff about via E-mails :roll:
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 1:29 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I'll see your 42043 and raise it a 42009... with an 8110 as an intermediate step. :thumbsup:

--------

The light......or the dark......the question is whether we actually SEE the light. :unknown:

I actually have both of those in the collection along with the 8275 Bulldozer which can be difficult to find. I'll post some pics later tonight when I get home from work, I think the boy and I have just over 20 of the Technic sets and a pile of Star Wars + Lego city. I've loved Lego since I was a young child and happy that my son shares the same love.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 1:39 am

sandgroperbill wrote:How long does it take for painkillers to kick in and knock you into unconsciousness?
How do you get by with only 2.5 project managers per techo? I thought you needed at least 7?
I wonder how much it would take to buy latvia?

Usually about 30-40mins from ingestion to lala land but sometimes they have the opposite effect and act like amphetamines and I'll be awake all night. Either don't take them and have a restless night or roll the dice and hope for sleep. It's a bit of a gamble which way I'll react unfortunately.

Hmmm, 7 project managers per techo, that's what I'd call a target rich environment or an intelligence vacuum :D
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 09 Feb 2016, 6:06 am

Project managers.... Pfft I have a reputation of making them cry and quit.

I had a 4 free days so I sat a course in project management(pmbok) and use it against them :)

One project I had on behalf of a large bank at 9am I was introduced to the 5th project manager lead, all I said was "number 5 is alive.

At midday I was introduced to the 6th pm...

That company I swear had a hiring policy for PMs of walking out into the street and asking someone if they wanted to be a PM. If they said yes they were hired.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Feb 2016, 6:06 am

Horse soldier 1.jpg
Running Pig
Horse soldier 1.jpg (30.31 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
Grass Fueled Hunting Rigs
Attachments
2-german-soldiers-horse.jpg
Varmint
2-german-soldiers-horse.jpg (45.44 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Feb 2016, 6:09 am

G'day brett1868,
Just had a thought on #13, how about telling her there is a promotion on, 1 Faberge Egg is hidden in a box of Leggo and you want to win it for her?
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 6:49 am

bentaz wrote:yeah, yeah I know its morning now, but i'll go you halves in Latvia if you want

The girls are hotter in Lithuania based on some of the wife's friends :) Purchasing the country might be expensive considering its proximity to Russia, probably not much change from a twenty.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 6:57 am

Wylie27 wrote:Project managers.... Pfft I have a reputation of making them cry and quit.

I had a 4 free days so I sat a course in project management(pmbok) and use it against them :)

One project I had on behalf of a large bank at 9am I was introduced to the 5th project manager lead, all I said was "number 5 is alive.

At midday I was introduced to the 6th pm...

That company I swear had a hiring policy for PMs of walking out into the street and asking someone if they wanted to be a PM. If they said yes they were hired.

I'm thinking that was the same bank I'm currently working for as the hiring policy sounds way too familiar. During my 10 years at IBM I studied the ways of the project manager species and discovered their biggest weakness to be check boxes :D
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 09 Feb 2016, 7:32 am

brett1868 wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:I'll see your 42043 and raise it a 42009... with an 8110 as an intermediate step. :thumbsup:

--------

I actually have both of those in the collection along with the 8275 Bulldozer which can be difficult to find. I'll post some pics later tonight when I get home from work, I think the boy and I have just over 20 of the Technic sets and a pile of Star Wars + Lego city. I've loved Lego since I was a young child and happy that my son shares the same love.

'I' don't have them..... the kids do though :lol:
Crane II is awesome, quite frankly, and the mog.... I had wanted, sorry, the KIDS had want one for a while ;)

Some of them are amazing, one of the boys build a Ferrari F1 years ago, it has gearing, gearbox, steering suspension, even a working engine (with pistons moving up and down)!

Bless the Danes :)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 09 Feb 2016, 7:43 am

No1Mk3 wrote:
Horse soldier 1.jpg
Grass Fueled Hunting Rigs

Those images are great... any description to them??

I take it the first is aussie outback perhaps??

second, any idea what corps or unit

That is a well trained horse... not only shooter :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Feb 2016, 12:19 pm

well, mistakes are just an opportunity to learn, and I've learned something about explosives.

So, I decided on coffee and a small croissant for breakfast, but seeing the croissant was only small, I also decided on egg and soldiers.
So I got a pot of water on the stove, waited until it was really boiling away and dropped the eggs in. I then went away and made toast.
4 and a half minutes later, I pulled out the eggs. They aren't large eggs, so I was worried they may have been under done. Far from it. Cracking them open, they had barely started to cook.
Right. I need to fix this.
So, I decided to microwave them.
Now, I know what you're thinking here, but I didn't explode the eggs in the microwave.
I took all the precautions. I removed them from the metal egg cups, put them on a plate (remember, they already had their tops off, so no pressure build up)
I gave it a burst of ten seconds, nothing. I opened the door to let it cool for a few seconds, then gave it another ten seconds. let it cool again and a few more seconds.
The egg tarted to turn white, so I pulled it out and let it stand a while. it was sizzling slightly, and seemed to continue cooking for a few seconds, so I left it a while.
After a while, all good, not bubbling not sizzling, it had seemed to work quite well.
So I grabbed a soldier and dipped it in, and the minute I broke the surface...

BANG!!!!

Egg everywhere. Seriously, you would have thought that piece of toast was a detonator or something. Everything was fine until the surface was broken.
Whoda thunk'd?
So, I learned that, even taking all the obvious precautions, egg plus microwave equals explosion, not necessarily immediately, but add a detonator in the form of toast and you'all have one hell of a mess to clean up
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by MalleeFarmer » 09 Feb 2016, 6:25 pm

I'm having a beer. Perhaps 3.

Still chuckling about eggs being detonated by toast after nuking them. :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 5091 times
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 7:04 pm

I love your work Bill, I'd never have suspected that sort of behaviour from what is essentially a chickens period.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Supaduke » 09 Feb 2016, 8:07 pm

bentaz wrote:I heard that there's heaps of project managers in wombat state forrest, anyone been there lately? I hear the huntings awesome :allegedly:

Didn't see any but there was plenty of signs
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (43.19 KiB) Viewed 5081 times
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 9:47 pm

You'll know you're close when you start finding Gantt Charts...Lock and load, safety off, selector on full auto ready to engage :)

How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 9:55 pm

bentaz wrote:How good is it that the x files are back?

I watched the first episode, came to the realisation Scully isn't as hot as she used to be and haven't watched it since.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 09 Feb 2016, 10:02 pm

How bloody hard is it to give a decent wad of colonial cash to people these days... yeah nah take a number and get in line !

Been waiting for photos of this toy in the UK before even bothering another guy to go look at it for me...

a week gone by so far. Worst salesmen ever :thumbsdown:

Anyone popping over to Ayrshire UK by any chance this week?
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by juststarting » 09 Feb 2016, 10:23 pm

KWhorenet wrote:How bloody hard is it to give a decent wad of colonial cash to people these days... yeah nah take a number and get in line !

Been waiting for photos of this toy in the UK before even bothering another guy to go look at it for me...

a week gone by so far. Worst salesmen ever :thumbsdown:

Anyone popping over to Ayrshire UK by any chance this week?

What is it that you are trying to do?
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 09 Feb 2016, 10:25 pm

Too many poms in the U.K for my liking plus I'm having similar issues to you but with U.S people. How frighten hard is it to charge my credit card card and send something to my brother inlaw? My reamer was in San Francisco a few hours ago so at least that'll be here by the weekend. Still at least 4-5 months wait for the barrel and action to arrive.
No offence to out U.S members but a nugget of turd has more brains then some of the clowns I'm dealing with at the moment. I'm considering writing any idiots guide to doing business with the U.S, first piece of advice is never ask more then 1 question in an email cause it overloads their single brain cell and 2nd and subsequent questions will be ignore. I also seem to get a lot of answers totally unrelated to the original question. I understand all yanks are not dumbasses but I'm thinking intelligence is like wealth where 10% of the population possess 99% of the brains. And let's not get started on geography, I spent close to 20 minutes trying to explain the concept of there being a Southern Hemisphere to one girl. Ok, drugs kicking in so time to spoon the missus .
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 09 Feb 2016, 10:34 pm

Just pay for a routing address and proxy through that. I've done that while buying few things from UK.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Feb 2016, 10:55 pm

brett1868 wrote:Ok, drugs kicking in so time to spoon the missus .

Are the drugs blue by any chance?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Feb 2016, 10:56 pm

When at an airport, how can you tell which planes have just come from the uk?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation