Keanu Reeves 3 Gun

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Keanu Reeves 3 Gun

Post by Title_II » 06 Mar 2016, 1:10 am

Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Re: Keanu Reeves 3 Gun

Post by Noisydad » 06 Mar 2016, 7:19 am

Most bodacious and righteous dude! (Air guitar)
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 06 Mar 2016, 7:46 am

Noisydad wrote:Most bodacious and righteous dude! (Air guitar)

Hahahaha :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Heckler303 » 06 Mar 2016, 9:04 am

bentaz wrote:i wish we could do that

Fun isn't allowed in Austfailia.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Title_II » 06 Mar 2016, 9:25 am

Oh yeah, I actually wasn't thinking bout that. Just thought it was unusual seeing some Hollywood guy doing 3 gun. Seems to be making the rounds on this side of the pond.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 06 Mar 2016, 11:06 am

Indeed.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by juststarting » 06 Mar 2016, 12:03 pm

Isn't that him training for a movie? Nothing to do with his moral persuasion...
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 06 Mar 2016, 12:12 pm

juststarting wrote:Isn't that him training for a movie? Nothing to do with his moral persuasion...

I never said it was.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Baldrick314 » 06 Mar 2016, 12:26 pm

Apparently he's seen pretty frequently at ranges though so he could genuinely enjoy the sport, he has a talent for it clearly.

On a mostly unrelated note I have a lot of respect for him, he's been through some s**t in his life and is a genuinely nice guy from what I've heard.
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm

Don't know much about him, but that sure as hell looks like fun.
I'll have to add it to my to do list in case I ever get to merika
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 08 Mar 2016, 2:16 am

OK, on second thought, why can't you do 3 gun? Is it because of semi auto? You don't have to do it semi auto. I believe you have to shoot handguns at clubs and ranges, but can't they set up something like this?

One last question. In the US most ranges (not clubs) are run by firearms dealers that can own pretty much anything they want and rent it out. I'm assuming your firearms dealers could rent you handguns (just to make it easier) and even semis. But if not, you could still set this up for people that own handguns.

Practical [sic] shooting sports promote shooting to people that don't hunt and also promote the idea of self defense. Two things we could use more of in Oz.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Baldrick314 » 08 Mar 2016, 6:46 am

Title_II wrote:OK, on second thought, why can't you do 3 gun? Is it because of semi auto? You don't have to do it semi auto. I believe you have to shoot handguns at clubs and ranges, but can't they set up something like this?

One last question. In the US most ranges (not clubs) are run by firearms dealers that can own pretty much anything they want and rent it out. I'm assuming your firearms dealers could rent you handguns (just to make it easier) and even semis. But if not, you could still set this up for people that own handguns.

Practical [sic] shooting sports promote shooting to people that don't hunt and also promote the idea of self defense. Two things we could use more of in Oz.

The closest we come to 3 gun would be IPSC and the powers that be pretty much hate it. There's a lot of fuss made about moving around with a loaded firearm. There's also IPSC rifle, again similar to 3 gun, but that's illegal in my state.

To give you an idea of how ridiculous some of our rules are going, at my range you can have your pistol in a holster while you're not shooting but it has to be unloaded. There is a new rule that's being enforced that the holster has to have a certain angle of cant so that if there's an accidental discharge it travels in a safe direction, you know the one from your unloaded gun.

The problem is the majority of shooters are so scared to rock the boat in case what little freedom we have gets taken away that they see things like IPSC and think why would you stir up the anti gunners. I heard the same thing said about the Adler shotgun even though we've had lever action shotguns for years.

We're so segregated it becomes the classic story of first they came for the semi autos and I didn't complain because I didn't shoot a semi auto, then they came for the pistols...
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 08 Mar 2016, 8:51 pm

Western Action gents, Single Action pistols, Lever action Rifle and a SXS shotgun all combined in the one discipline :) Haven't tried it as yet cause I'm waiting on High Caliber permit so I can buy a pair of Colt 45's :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by coloradoboy » 08 Mar 2016, 8:52 pm

haha those Canadians have fun as well.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Baldrick314 » 08 Mar 2016, 9:00 pm

brett1868 wrote:Western Action gents, Single Action pistols, Lever action Rifle and a SXS shotgun all combined in the one discipline :) Haven't tried it as yet cause I'm waiting on High Caliber permit so I can buy a pair of Colt 45's :)

But the clothes :lol: I'd do it for some fun but I wouldn't want to get into the period clothes and going by an alias.

On a side note I reckon they should let us do IPSC in full tactical gear since the cowboy action guys get to dress up
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 08 Mar 2016, 9:41 pm

Baldrick314 wrote:
brett1868 wrote:Western Action gents, Single Action pistols, Lever action Rifle and a SXS shotgun all combined in the one discipline :) Haven't tried it as yet cause I'm waiting on High Caliber permit so I can buy a pair of Colt 45's :)

But the clothes :lol: I'd do it for some fun but I wouldn't want to get into the period clothes and going by an alias.

On a side note I reckon they should let us do IPSC in full tactical gear since the cowboy action guys get to dress up

Just go in your normal clothes and call yourself Marty McFly.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by brett1868 » 08 Mar 2016, 9:43 pm

Dressed head to toe in leather with guns, 2 loves combined for some I'd say :)

I'd like to see some larger outdoor IPSC ranges with a better representation of an urban layout. Some fixed targets, popup targets at various ranges and sizes would be very cool. The problem with this sort of range is being able to build it within a reasonable distance of your customer base. I could possiblty build one on my block providing I could get the relevant approvals but who wants to travel 6.5 hrs to use it and there's not enough locals to make it work.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 10 Mar 2016, 9:04 am

Let Ozzie Man reviews.... review Keenoo-a Kee-are-new....whats his names 3 gun....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MIc9Z50Uv4

:thumbsup: :lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 10 Mar 2016, 10:09 am

Is there an English version? I have no idea what that SOB just called me :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Hucka » 10 Mar 2016, 1:19 pm

Looks like he got a lot of practice doing John Wick :D
Hucka
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 10 Mar 2016, 1:34 pm

Title_II wrote:Is there an English version? I have no idea what that SOB just called me :D

a seppo? ;)

If you click the subtitles option then select...... oh sorry, there's only English, no murikan :lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 10 Mar 2016, 2:30 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Title_II wrote:Is there an English version? I have no idea what that SOB just called me :D

a seppo? ;)

If you click the subtitles option then select...... oh sorry, there's only English, no murikan :lol:

Why you scoundrels...

;)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Khan » 11 Mar 2016, 11:07 am

Boy got skills
44 Rem. Magnum Marlin Model 1894
.280 Rem. Browning X-Bolt Hunter
Khan