More Adler ban bs, this time with common sense from cops

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

More Adler ban bs, this time with common sense from cops

Post by juststarting » 02 May 2016, 1:37 pm

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/388092 ... -gun-laws/

The insensitive comment I thought was a good call.

:violin:
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Re: More Adler ban bs, this time with common sense from cops

Post by gazza » 02 May 2016, 2:14 pm

In Australia, there are genuine reasons to have lever action shotties with decent mags in cat. A. One reason is that we can't have a semi auto or even a pump action. It's sometimes nice to be able to take more than 2 shots. Another reason is mind your business Greens.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 02 May 2016, 7:20 pm

“We don't want these to be available to people who do not have a need for a weapon like this of five or seven or eight cartridges that gets stored in a suburban home - it's an accident waiting to happen.”

Because the gun totally opens the safe, climbs it's way to the ammo cabinet, loads it's tube, cocks it's lever itself, then goes out and blasts innocent doll bludgers and railtonians?

So what are any of my 10 shot .303 Lee Enfields to them? These people are denser than bricks made of lead and osmium.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 10 May 2016, 11:45 pm

Your right, they just have no idea,,,,,as long as they can cause grief on a grand scale, bugger the masses and hordes...

Had to laugh but, somewhere else on this forum somebody did a Photoshop of an Adler 110, with a drum magazine fitted up, and called it an Adler 120,,,i reckon it should be sent to the Greens expressing outrage ahahhahahahhahahhahaha, and then sit back and watch them make TOTAL idiots of themselves.

Collector 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by adam » 11 May 2016, 10:50 am

COLLECTOR 1 wrote:Your right, they just have no idea,,,,,as long as they can cause grief on a grand scale, bugger the masses and hordes...

Had to laugh but, somewhere else on this forum somebody did a Photoshop of an Adler 110, with a drum magazine fitted up, and called it an Adler 120,,,i reckon it should be sent to the Greens expressing outrage ahahhahahahhahahhahaha, and then sit back and watch them make TOTAL idiots of themselves.

Collector 1

I was thinking the same, but I do wonder if I sometimes I underestimate them.

I think that they're idiots (for many different reasons) because they can't get the most basic facts right about firearms. 'Rapid Fire", "High Powered", "New Technology", etc...

But then I'm reminded that many have fallen in history underestimating their foe's - and wonder if the incompetence the greens show with their understanding of firearms is infact very deliberate - and they know a lot more than they let on. That the incorrect statements are knowingly made incorrectly solely because they know that the wording would bring a greater emotional reaction...

The greens might be idiot's, but they're not incompetent. They've been able to influence this country at many levels (mostly for bad). They've been able to harness a lot of power, get a lot of media attention, and get a lot of people voting for them (without even knowing what their policies are)...

As such, I have doubts as to whether they'd fall for such a trick because I think they're more cunning and crafty than we give them credit fore.

Idiots they are... but very clever and cunning idiots... which makes them all the more dangerous.

GCA on the other hand.... ;)
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 11 May 2016, 2:44 pm

Adam, I would say you are correct. Deliberate wording to generate the best emotional response, at the best possible time. Marketing...
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by adam » 14 May 2016, 11:49 am

Came across this, and had to laugh... it really sums up the wishful thinking of the greens...

adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bluerob » 14 May 2016, 2:48 pm

When in a previous relationship, my girlfriend at the time loved pistol shooting, but, detested the killing of animals. I tried explaining what a mob of pigs do at harvest time or what they did whilst the lambing season was on. We didn't get married...

She was somewhat involved with "The Greens" and I had the displeasure of having to suffer through lunches or dinners with some of those who were very active "greenies." I met her at the pistol club. Weird, hey? She even bought a .9mm.

My point being is that alot of the people I met were highly intelligent, VERY AWARE of anti gun issues (the arguments I had :roll: ) and were totally rusted onto being anti gun. Most had a tertiary education (usually involving "the arts....."), but, most certainly not fools. They may not know that a Ruger GP100 isn't a Colt Python, but, they know what they are doing. Wouldn't surprise me if they had someone on here, masquerading as a shooter, learning about our "dark arts."

We aren't dealing with hippies who name themselves Moon Sun Rising, smoking a tonne of weed and living in trees with possums as neighbours.

These guys are getting more media attention than I've seen in a while, whilst our representatives aren't seen except to constantly defend us against being labelled as "gun nuts" etc etc. I think the SSAA could be doing alot more for us in the media. You only see SFP when a crapbag shoots another crapbag, defending LAFO'S. Its always the same comment "the person (s) involved used an illegally obtained, unregistered or stolen gun and to obtain a pistol licence isn't an easy task as some woukd think."

Then the media purposely calls the Adler a "high calibre, dangerous game, blah, blah, machine gun....). Misrepresentation is a media tactic used for decades. Its helped win elections in Austalia!

Unless our representatives get their act together and become more proactive in actually promoting our sport (start with rifle target or clays or pistols), then, in years to come, we'll only have photos of what we once owned.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by adam » 15 May 2016, 5:27 pm

bluerob wrote:but, most certainly not fools.

I beg to differ. ;)

As I understand it - the term fool has nothing to do with intellect (aka, 'fool' is not the opposite of intellect) - it's the opposite of wisdom.

There are plenty of wise "uneducated" people that I will gladly listen to: ie - I'd take advise from a elderly CFA volunteer firefighter who's seen 40+ years of fires with a vast amount of experience and still admits he hasn't seen everything fires can do vs the Masters degree ex uni professor that's never been in a bushfire their entire lives but thinks they know everything about them any day.

So - a group of intelligent people with a vast amount of knowledge who know how to get their own way, can manipulate the media, get many followers behind them using all sorts of emotional pleas - yet are quick to forget history, deliberately want to cover up the truth (or be selective in their data), piss on the foundation by those who came before them - rushing into change without studying all the facts (both pro and con) - is convinced of their own superiority and intelligence, and are unwilling to be challenged or debated with the possibility that they 'may be' wrong on a few matters, or seek alternative viewpoints are indeed fools. Smart and intelligent fools, but fools non the less. (Which in my books makes them the most dangerous kind of fools of all)...
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Arth » 13 Jul 2016, 12:54 pm

Gotta know the difference between 'knowledge' and 'wisdom' ;)
Arth
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation