Knife Making

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Knife Making

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Oct 2017, 6:35 pm

Well Juz sent his knife and it arrived today. All I can say is I'm impressed. Any faults it might have must be very minor. Pressure is on now for me to go hunting and shoot something to test it on.

Gwion Knife.jpg
Gwion Knife.jpg (141.81 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 23 Oct 2017, 7:11 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Well Juz sent his knife and it arrived today. All I can say is I'm impressed. Any faults it might have must be very minor. Pressure is on now for me to go hunting and shoot something to test it on.

Gwion Knife.jpg

Its a bloody nice knife OB the design looks like a winner, the thumb grip is a nice feature. The spalted maple he uses on them is the ducks nuts, it sure would make for a beautiful stock (Something I'd like to attempt eventually).. In the meantime I'm bloody chomping at the bit to break in the skinner he so generously gave me.. I'm hoping to get back out for a stalk soon......

:drinks:

Jeff
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Oct 2017, 1:29 am

darwindingo wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Well Juz sent his knife and it arrived today. All I can say is I'm impressed. Any faults it might have must be very minor. Pressure is on now for me to go hunting and shoot something to test it on.

Gwion Knife.jpg

Its a bloody nice knife OB the design looks like a winner, the thumb grip is a nice feature. The spalted maple he uses on them is the ducks nuts, it sure would make for a beautiful stock (Something I'd like to attempt eventually).. In the meantime I'm bloody chomping at the bit to break in the skinner he so generously gave me.. I'm hoping to get back out for a stalk soon......

:drinks:

Jeff

Yep, very similar to a kershaw I bought years ago. But it didn't get much use because it was very heavy. Had a lot of brass in it. This one is only about half the weight but blade shape and size very close.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 24 Oct 2017, 5:24 pm

Glad it got there safe. Sorry it took so long, i have been very very tied up around the property and still another 3 solid weeks of work to go.
I take it the knife is sharp enough!? :lol:

Look closely, there are 4 or 5 faults with it, most of them in fit & finish of the handle but there is aa very slight set looking down the spine from right to left. If it didn't have that set i would have fit a new handle but given the blade fault it would just ha ve been a waste of a very pretty piece of stabilised maple.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Oct 2017, 6:48 pm

Yeah, I can see the very slight "bend" but it not worth worrying about. Noticed a fault in the handle too but again very minor. I hope to get out for a whistle at the weekend. Here's hoping. Pm sent.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation