The Hazards of non shooting sports.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The Hazards of non shooting sports.

Post by bladeracer » 18 Aug 2016, 6:32 pm

MalleeFarmer wrote:
sandgroperbill wrote:
Gwion wrote:Mallee, now you have an excuse to sit in a rockingchair on the back verandah with a rifle on your lap all day. Do you own a pipe?

No I don't but I'm sure I could get one off eBay. I think it'd have to be SxS 12g to look legit.

I've been binge watching The Andy Griffith Show, 202 episodes down so far, 46 to go :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 19 Aug 2016, 11:00 am

bladeracer wrote:
MalleeFarmer wrote:
sandgroperbill wrote:
Gwion wrote:Mallee, now you have an excuse to sit in a rockingchair on the back verandah with a rifle on your lap all day. Do you own a pipe?

No I don't but I'm sure I could get one off eBay. I think it'd have to be SxS 12g to look legit.

I've been binge watching The Andy Griffith Show, 202 episodes down so far, 46 to go :-)

My wife bought me the first 2 seasons of duck dynasty so I might be watching those.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Norton » 25 Aug 2016, 11:05 am

Cringing just looking :silent:
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 25 Aug 2016, 1:02 pm

Watching all seasons of Breaking Bad was my pastime after shoulder reconstruction surgery.
Then after I got out of the sling I thought I'd get the sowing rig ready.
Fell off the machine and landed on the shoulder, you guessed it, back for another go. :violin:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by MalleeFarmer » 25 Aug 2016, 1:27 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Watching all seasons of Breaking Bad was my pastime after shoulder reconstruction surgery.
Fell off the machine and landed on the shoulder, you guessed it, back for another go. :violin:

Now that sucks.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 25 Aug 2016, 1:41 pm

Yeah, especially as I had planned the original surgery to give me enough recovery time so that I would be able to go to the U.S and compete at their Nationals for BPCR Silhouette and Creedmoor. With the date not set for the follow-up surgery I missed the deadline for the paperwork required to travel with my rifles. Got the surgery done and wound up going anyway. No refunds on airline tickets. A friend over there loaned me rifles and even loaded the ammo ( 400 rounds of .40-65 ) for me. Had a great time as always, didn't shoot too bad considering I was only a week out of the sling. Had to give the Creedmoor a miss though, barely finished the silhouette. Too much, too soon.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 25 Aug 2016, 2:14 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Watching all seasons of Breaking Bad was my pastime after shoulder reconstruction surgery.

Silly bugger, but practise makes perfect they say ;-)

We don't have television but a friend mentioned Breaking Bad to Rose. So we waited a few months until the final episode had aired, then we sat down and watched the whole lot. Wow! If you can really appreciate what actors do in front of cameras, and what directors can turn that work into, you owe it to yourself to watch BB.

I did the same collarbone twice in six-weeks back in '91. Must've made it extra strong because I never broke it again...not yet anyway ;-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation