Movie nonsense

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Movie nonsense

Post by Title_II » 21 Dec 2016, 7:24 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Ed9362 wrote:easy now guys,

lets bear in mind that Hollywood is where the Australian public and politicians get their extensive firearm knowledge from.

I heard that during the adler review the extensive research they did included such master pieces as blazing saddles, snakes on a plane and bad boys (1 and 2).
after all if they saw it on TV it must be true

I thought they watched Arnold Schwarzenegger as Terminator shooting reloading his lever gun with one hand.

"Run! Get on da choppa!" *clicky clicky*
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Ed9362 » 21 Dec 2016, 7:46 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Ed9362 wrote:easy now guys,

lets bear in mind that Hollywood is where the Australian public and politicians get their extensive firearm knowledge from.

I heard that during the adler review the extensive research they did included such master pieces as blazing saddles, snakes on a plane and bad boys (1 and 2).
after all if they saw it on TV it must be true

I thought they watched Arnold Schwarzenegger as Terminator shooting reloading his lever gun with one hand.

damn I missed that one
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tripod » 21 Dec 2016, 8:39 pm

I got in the s**t for swing loading a Marlin at a lever comp once, Don't try it if you have weak wrists.
Tripod
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by coroboreeboy » 22 Dec 2016, 7:03 am

Supaduke wrote:The threatening rack of a pump action, followed by a few verbal threats, followed by the 'I really mean it this time' second racking of the pump action but no shell ejects.

There was case some years ago, perhaps in Melbourne, where a guy was in bed and someone broke into the room with a pump action shotgun. After the invader had racked the shotgun twice, the guy, realising that the shottie was not loaded, jumped out of bed and beat the snot out of the invader before calling the police.
coroboreeboy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by slickncghia » 22 Dec 2016, 8:48 am

I've been watching Netflix shooter. That's some terrible TV all round.

But there were some parts of it that was kinda almost accurate untill this last episode...

" I design my bullets to fragment on impact so there's no trace left"

" Feel that 400 grain projectile, there's only 4 other rifles in the world strong enough to fire that round... Find them and you find the killer"

And many more Ffs
slickncghia
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 22 Dec 2016, 10:16 am

slickncghia wrote:" Feel that 400 grain projectile, there's only 4 other rifles in the world strong enough to fire that round... Find them and you find the killer"

Oh dear. I was shooting 400gr projectiles on the weekend...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Gwion » 22 Dec 2016, 10:51 am

That show is rapidly losing my interest. First few eps were OK, but.......
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 25 Dec 2016, 4:26 pm

Title_II wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:Oh yes like in NCIS. Ohh the bullet came out of this type of gun and 15 are registered in the local area.

Wtf bad guys registering guns? What kind of libtard fantasy is this.

Here's what's funny about that. A few states have registration of handguns. A few more have registration of handguns, but only triggered by a sale in that state under certain circumstances. In other words, if you already have the handgun, no registration. All together this adds up to around 8 states.

The funny part is, of course criminals won't register their guns - the courts have ruled it is a 5th Amendment violation to require a criminal to register a gun or to prosecute him for not registering the gun. Leaving open the possibility (???) that only law abiding citizens could be prosecuted under a registration scheme :D

But Gibbs in NCIS is notoriously Anti. Making a fortune "being" a gunner and inactual fact not. ****** and his mount.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 25 Dec 2016, 4:29 pm

duncan61 wrote:django the second with franco nero.He has a belt fed machine gun and 3 rounds go off at least 45 degrees from them and 5 bad guys fall of there horses

Ah, man watch "top Secret" to see the hero's friend take out the Germans by just spraying Full Auto - but that is MEANT to be a comedy - and it's a F*cking good one.
--
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 25 Dec 2016, 4:37 pm

Because I am officially old next year,

Remember "Day of the Jackal"? The first one, not remakes. The Jackal, (Edward Fox IIRC), takes his disassembled rifle into the woods and hangs a melon in a tree - the melon has eyes and a 'tache painted on. He then takes the barreled action and fastens it to another tree with a loop of rope, which he tightens up by rotating the action in a circle and puts the scope on. When he looks though, he is off by a bit, but adjusts the scope and takes the shot, blowing the melon to s**t. We should all learn to sight in so efficiently. :)

Then there are the Single Action Army revolvers that seem to be belt fed from another dimension.

Trying to remember the OTHER one that used to raise my blood pressure beyond reason.

And, BTW, I am a fan of th Terminator movies - or most of them ....
--
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by duncan61 » 25 Dec 2016, 4:50 pm

I loved the Origional Django returns .I think it was on SBS at about 2 in the morning and I saw it by accident and ended up ordering both 1 and 2 from the local video shop.In 1 he is 20 years younger and starts by dragging a coffin into town with his machine gun in it.Spaghetti westerns are hilarious.The second Django was made 20 years later.Bit like the Trinity brothers I think they were meant to be serious
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Cryptic » 25 Dec 2016, 5:16 pm

Old westerns with the infinite fanable single actions. Every western i watch now I seem to count out of habit.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Dec 2016, 5:16 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:
slickncghia wrote:" Feel that 400 grain projectile, there's only 4 other rifles in the world strong enough to fire that round... Find them and you find the killer"

That would make Brett another prime suspect. .. fair chance it was one of you two lads :problem:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by pomemax » 25 Dec 2016, 7:09 pm

The realy old westerns had a Guy call smiley I think as kids when the stage coach was being chased by the badies we use to try to pick the machine gun noise and in most you could.Smiley Burnette and Audie Murphy
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 25 Dec 2016, 7:15 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:

now if they had said a SSK Industries has introduced the .950 JDJ, the largest-caliber rifle ever built. According to the gun company, the rifle's astonishing .950 caliber bullet boasts 2400 grains and is propelled by 240 grains of powder. and only three have been made.you would have thought maybe
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 25 Dec 2016, 10:06 pm

BRNO_Bigot wrote:
duncan61 wrote:django the second with franco nero.He has a belt fed machine gun and 3 rounds go off at least 45 degrees from them and 5 bad guys fall of there horses

Ah, man watch "top Secret" to see the hero's friend take out the Germans by just spraying Full Auto - but that is MEANT to be a comedy - and it's a F*cking good one.

I like the start where the surf boarders are skeet shootin.. wish they all could be double barrel.. girls.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Dec 2016, 10:10 pm

Die Hard 2, mandatory Christmas movie :thumbsup:

Bad guy pulls a gun on another bad guy,
(Semi auto pistol, not cocked)
Points it at his head and slowly squeezes the trigger.
About a mile of trigger creep later ... click
"Next time the chamber wont be empty"

Later...

John McClane suddenly realizes hes been shooting banks.... "I had him right in my sights?" :roll:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation