What do I need to know in the land of Mike Baird?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

What do I need to know in the land of Mike Baird?

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 22 Dec 2016, 4:31 pm

Hi guys,

I am making a pilgrimage tomorrow to the batcave of Mike Baird. I should be collecting a rifle from Abelas.

I am a delicate flower from ACT, and I have heard that tossing empty cans from the slab of beer I am drinking out along the highway may upset the police, as an example.

What else must I keep in mind as I negotiate this fascist territory back to the bosom of my little friends in ACT, where we will be attending a vegan barby later that night? :)

You do realise I'm joking - What I need to know is what must I do when transporting in NSW that may get me into trouble.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Re: What do I need to know in the land of Mike Baird?

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Dec 2016, 8:33 pm

You'll need to learn the local lingo. I think they speak Mexican.

It would also probably help to dress as a hipster. They'll be more likely to accept you that way.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by pomemax » 22 Dec 2016, 8:52 pm

Not as much as you already do in ACT double Demerit points from midnight
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by knowsnothin » 22 Dec 2016, 9:20 pm

You probably won't get anymore answers tonight. They are all safely tucked in bed by 10pm.
knowsnothin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by happyhunter » 22 Dec 2016, 9:36 pm

hahaha.. nice one :D
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by pomemax » 22 Dec 2016, 11:41 pm

Not quiet true some stay up all night you will find nsw reg are not as strict as act so long as firearm out of site and not left alone in car .
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 23 Dec 2016, 12:15 am

Most circular people from the land of the color blind speed like crazy on NSW roads so obey the limits as it's double points. Enjoy the freedom and fresh air of NSW while you can, enjoy the new purchase and post pictures when you get home. All the best for Santa's Birthday :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 23 Dec 2016, 5:25 am

pomemax wrote:Not quiet true some stay up all night you will find nsw reg are not as strict as act so long as firearm out of site and not left alone in car .

And if you do leave it alone for any period of time, treat it like a CAT C/D/H and have it locked up or inoperable.. (from the fact sheet)
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 23 Dec 2016, 9:33 pm

Hi all,

I did the pilgrimage to the big smoke today and it was terrible (I had to wear shoes, FFS).

Anyway, I collected a CZ 452 Varmint, and while I was there, I had them scrounge out mounts and actually mount the scope - Vortex Viper 4-12x40 - I have to say it's a nice scope - Mr Bay's son E sold it to me .... teach me to get on eBay late at night after staring into the full glare of an open whiskey bottle all evening.

So, while I was there, I put a deposit on a 452 in "stainless" (actually nickeled as far as I can tell) - so now I have almost a full set.

One thing I can say is I love my cellphone and Google maps - takes me right to the door.

Will line up a few and make them smile later in the weekend and post some CZ pr0n here.

Those who are not CZ or Brno fans should probably skip this part of the posting.

Rode back with the bolt in the glovebox/cubbyhole just 'coz. Refilled the tank with motion lotion, but stood where I could keep an eye on the vehicle - it was like being back in South Africa.

Got some SK Magazine ammo, which I hear is the creme-de-la-creme of the bulk ammo - so sometime I have to actually go shoot rather than just buy.

And to Brett - I was caught speeding a bit ago on a road in Kambra where it changed from 80 to 60 for 2 blocks with the signs hidden in trees, and got nobbled for 6 frigging points - that's ludicrous. So anyway, I went past at least 6 highway patrol cars today , without them showing any interest.

Thanks, guys.
--
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Dec 2016, 9:54 pm

BRNO_Bigot wrote:Hi all,

I did the pilgrimage to the big smoke today and it was terrible (I had to wear shoes, FFS).

Thanks, guys.

SHOES ! You went full hipster ! :lol:

If I ever manage to wear out my 452 classic I'll be finding a 452 varmint.
Great rifle :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by pomemax » 25 Dec 2016, 10:08 am

If your useing a smart phone you may like to look at a app called camsam not sure how it works but I know it does it alerts you to all fixed speed cams and red light cams that part I understand but what I cant figure out how it knows where the cop with the radar are or the speed cars parked at side of road
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 25 Dec 2016, 12:50 pm

Some interesting ideas from all - especially the blood tests - but I'm immune to most things, after all I live in the land of the disgusting great bloated political slug (except for my hero, David Leyonhjelm).
--
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Off topic - General conversation