Random shooting stuff...

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Random shooting stuff...

Post by juststarting » 21 Jan 2017, 11:32 pm

As Raoul Duke would say, "Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

first shot fired, 15 Aug 2015. Well, not first-first, but first form my own rifle unsupervised. I know because I have a case with a date written on it... Anyway, since then (people are nice), this is all of the calibers I have shot to date.

(9mm is missing, I need to get my hands on a case at some stage)

2017, new year, new caliber - I need a new caliber, I am thinking something Swiss made :D Still not convinced I want a 303, but quite possibly 303 and K98 are on the cards. Just need to find something cheap enough.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Re: Random shooting stuff...

Post by GLS_1956 » 22 Jan 2017, 12:52 am

Nice keepsakes. I had a collection of cartridges back when I was younger, many were those of guns I had been fortunate enough to have shot, but it disappeared during one of my moves.

You're right though about people being kind and letting someone have a try with their gun. I would have never otherwise have had the opportunity to shoot a Sharps in 45/120, K-31 in 7,5 Swiss, or a Baby Browning in 25acp if not for the good graces of someone at the range. Which is why I'm always ready to let some have a try with whatever I've brought with me. I leads to making good friends too.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by juststarting » 22 Jan 2017, 12:59 am

Yep. If I see someone eyeing something I have at the bench with me, they always get offered a few shots too.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 22 Jan 2017, 6:55 am

I think you need to buy something big like a 505 Gibbs lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 22 Jan 2017, 9:57 am

If I were closer, I'd let you have a go of my 458...

...but I wouldn't let you keep the case.

I would give you a brand new, unfired winchester one, though...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation