The introduce yourself thread (combined)

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The introduce yourself thread (combined)

Post by Elliott G » 09 Jun 2018, 7:40 pm

G'day. Ipswich 22lr target shooter, mostly. I like reading reviews, too. I'd be a 22 collector, if I could.
Elliott G
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Hallsie12345 » 11 Jun 2018, 2:43 pm

Good afternoon ladies and gents.

I’m new to the forum so thought I should do the right thing and introduce myself.

I’m from SA, currently own a CZ 452 in 22lr. Also have a couple of old Lithgow single shot 22’s. I have just ordered my first Cat B rifle, went with a Tikka T3 Lite in .243

Our family owns a small parcel of land in the mid north and to date have had a little bit of luck with the bunnies. Bought the .243 to expand our possibilities and looking to get onto foxes and hopefully some goat in the area.

Look forward to trolling through the forums and learning from more experienced shooters.

Cheers
Hallsie12345
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Stix » 13 Jun 2018, 1:03 am

Hallsie12345 wrote:Good afternoon ladies and gents.

I’m new to the forum so thought I should do the right thing and introduce myself.

I’m from SA, currently own a CZ 452 in 22lr. Also have a couple of old Lithgow single shot 22’s. I have just ordered my first Cat B rifle, went with a Tikka T3 Lite in .243

Our family owns a small parcel of land in the mid north and to date have had a little bit of luck with the bunnies. Bought the .243 to expand our possibilities and looking to get onto foxes and hopefully some goat in the area.

Look forward to trolling through the forums and learning from more experienced shooters.

Cheers

Welcome Hallsie12345.
Nice to have another South Aussie in the ranks. :drinks:

Im not sure what part of the mid north you're in (id obviously guess the upper reaches if you have goats in the area), but i used to frequent the mid north with rifle, shotgun & spotlight, & ive bowled over my fair share of foxes in the lower mid north.
Not to mention take a regular feed of bunnies & the occasional puddy tat from the area. :D

Nice choice of rifle & calibre for what you want to use ut on :clap: (as long as you dont want to keep fox skins)...i want one of those very outfits myself...! :thumbsup:

Are you reloading ammo yourself or buying factory...?

See you on the screen Hallsie... :drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Hallsie12345 » 13 Jun 2018, 6:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome Stix!

Our property is around half an hour north east of Burra. It’s been real dry up there lately so haven’t seen much around, except the roos, they are everywhere!

My old boy went up over the weekend and said it’s starting to green up and saw a few critters running around, looks like I’ll have to get up there soon for a look!

Certainly not planning on keeping any skins, just going to do my part and help out the neighbours who have stock around!

The amount I’ll be shooting I’m going to stick with factory rounds at this stage. Unfortunately I don’t get up there as much as I would like.

Cheers, Hallsie
Hallsie12345
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Stix » 14 Jun 2018, 1:23 am

Hi Hallsie.

Yep nice n green about the place now...thanks to the overnight dew...

You should have a few critters about up there...
I hope you got stuck into the deer before the powers to be did the big knock em all over cull efforts in that region recently...!!!
You should have a freezer full of venison.! :thumbsup:

Do you shoot at any clubs...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 14 Jun 2018, 6:30 am

Gday Hallsie and Elliottg :welcome: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 14 Jun 2018, 10:45 am

Hi Elliot G...
Sorry i missed you tucked in hiding at the bottom of the last page...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by 1Fatman » 23 Jun 2018, 10:36 am

Hello All,

Thought that I had better come in and say hello.
I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, just reading posts and getting up to speed on what's what.

I own a mixed bag of toys, Sako in 30-06, Mauser in 6.5x55, Remington in 32-20, Ruger in 22-250 and a Marlin in 22wm.
Was mainly into hunting with the odd long range target shooting thrown in for practice/fun.

Currently getting into pistol shooting to expand the enjoyment, something I should have gotten into years ago.

Cheers,
1Fatman (aka Kim)
Lurking somewhere in your computer......... https://ozgunlobby.com
1Fatman
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Runnymede » 24 Jun 2018, 8:10 am

Hi all just signed up the other day. Live in North East Victoria in prime deer hunting country so interested in hunting mostly. It is hard not to deer hunt here when all you need to do is step over the back fence and you have 1000’s of acres of state forest to play in.... Target shooting isn’t really my thing apart from sighting in my rifles..... also a keen bow hunter but have found myself using my rifles more and more as I rapidly approach late middle age. Anyway keen to learn from you all here as there is a lot of interesting topics and threads.
Runnymede
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Unclewacker » 29 Jun 2018, 11:39 pm

Good Evening All and Sundry,
Been lurking and learning lots in the short time since I've signed up as a member. Thought it was about time to take the plunge so to speak.
Haven't held a licence for a very long time but reacquired one a few months ago and as from Thursday next week I will be the proud owner of an LA101, Walnut Stock, VX Freedom 3-9x40 scope. I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing what I and the rifle are capable of on the range initially and then possibly on small game. I am in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne around Lilydale. I was young once, but I am definitely not that old either, although the grey hair and beard might be a bit of camouflage.
Definitely enjoying reading the forum and learning lots.
Cheers
Tony
Unclewacker
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 30 Jun 2018, 8:57 pm

Pleased to meet you Uncle :D
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by PCHammond » 02 Jul 2018, 5:33 pm

Hi All,
I used to shoot Class H when I was a junior, but couldn't afford to keep shooting once I went to uni. Now that I'm much older and getting paid, I can afford to get back into the sport, but this time I'll be shooting rifle. About to get my license and start with a .22 and then moving my way up.

For the past 17yrs or so I have been on American gun boards since I used to play games with alot of the people on there when I was younger. Good to be on an Aussie one for once.
PCHammond
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Brisben » 06 Jul 2018, 2:57 pm

Good afternoon, just here to introduce myself obviously.

Have been shooting at the Ripley SSAA range but am wanting to try and get myself into some hunting.

Iv got a Lithgow 243, Circuit judge in 44mag, Ruger .22, Pardus lever action shotty and for some rediculous reason iv got a Marlin 17hmr.. i am sure throwing pebbles would be more effective than that damn thing.

Anyway im happy to be here!

Cheers, Ben
Brisben
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 06 Jul 2018, 7:04 pm

:welcome: to the newcomers :drinks:
Don't be shy get amongst it!!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Ahot1 » 24 Jul 2018, 2:15 am

Hi to all,thanks for adding me to the forum.I'm from the KY. USA!
Ahot1
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by JSS » 01 Aug 2018, 11:10 am

G'day everyone, just another forum newb from Brissy saying hi.

Cheers.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 01 Aug 2018, 9:25 pm

:welcome: to you all :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Chief2744 » 06 Aug 2018, 7:02 pm

G'day all
Just joined now. Been looking for about a week and have found some awesome information particularly to do with reloading. I currently shoot pistol (sig p226 elite) and am very keep to start reloading for it.
Cheers to all
Chief2744
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by juano86 » 14 Aug 2018, 12:20 pm

G'day guys (and Gals),
New member here from Brisbane QLD.

Mostly shoot for hunting but starting to dabble in the long range stuff and pistols also. Forum has some great info!
Currently have as per my signature but always eyeing off new toys.
Thanks for having me. cheers.
@juan_hunts
juano86
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Pandion » 04 Sep 2018, 9:56 pm

Hi all,

Another newbie here, both to the forum and the sport. I've been lurking around for the last couple of months doing some research while my license application sat with WLB. Got my approval email yesterday so figured it was time to join and say hi.

Since I'm new to shooting in general I have heaps of questions that I'll post up when I have the time. Spent a bit of time around shooters when I was growing up and had safety rules drilled into me, but never got a chance to do much shooting. Looking to start leaning the basics at the range, maybe take up some hunting later once I know what I'm doing. Brisbane based, so will hopefully meet some of QLDers in person at some stage.
Cheers!
Pandion
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 05 Sep 2018, 6:17 am

:welcome:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 05 Sep 2018, 6:28 am

Always good to see more qlders. welcome aboard :welcome: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Chappo » 06 Sep 2018, 7:37 pm

Hi everyone.
New member from regional NSW

I’ve been reading forums for a while, great place for quick info and (mostly) unbiased opinions and thought I’d finally join one!

I hunt occasionally and have started collecting a few things.

I have a soft spot for the Aussie classics (Lithgow Slazenger, sportco etc) I also have a couple of brno’s and a new Lithgow la102 in 223 is joining the stables soon.

Look forward to sharing thoughts on various stuff in the future.....
Chappo........
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by ClaytonT88 » 13 Sep 2018, 6:39 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Clayton, I pretty much grew up on the rifle range in Woomera but moved to Adelaide and lost touch with it all, My uncle and Poppa are(were) avid match rifle shooters so it's in the blood. Now I've settled down a bit and moved back out to the country I've met a few people around work who don't mind a bit of a plink/shoot/hunt so I'm getting back into it. Hope to have my licence approved in the next couple of weeks then go through the testing and get into it.
For my 1st rifle I'm looking at getting something that wil last, be accurate and fairly light weight (light enough to spend an afternoon offhand plinking without getting too tired) and then once I've re-learned how to shoot I'd be pretty keen on doing some competitions, looks like rimfire hunter matches could be a good bit of fun.
Cheers!
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Salient » 26 Sep 2018, 9:12 am

Greetings all, I stumbled on this site when looking up some info, and what a brilliant collection of goodies you have here. Some great info, and seems to be a great respectful community of like-minded folks. I'm new to the sport/activity/addiction, but look forward to reading more of the gems you folks have posted here. -Salient.
Salient
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by dont.own.shoes » 26 Oct 2018, 9:51 am

Hi blokes......... and ladies?
Keen hunter/ fisher love the outdoors not much into targets, seems like a good place to learn a few things from you old fellas.

cheers
Lithgow LA101 .22wmr
Sako 85 Hunter .223
Remington 7600 .308
dont.own.shoes
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Stix » 27 Oct 2018, 12:14 pm

OI......!!!.....

......Grasshopper...!!!

Enough of the "old"..!!

There's only ONE old bloke here, the rest are DISTINGUISHED...!! :lol:

:welcome: guys
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 28 Oct 2018, 7:42 am

Gday fellas :welcome: :drinks:
What part of the country are ya's from?
:drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by dont.own.shoes » 29 Oct 2018, 10:50 am

around innisfail but have the privilege of working in remote SA, NT and QLD
Lithgow LA101 .22wmr
Sako 85 Hunter .223
Remington 7600 .308
dont.own.shoes
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 29 Oct 2018, 11:05 am

dont.own.shoes wrote:around innisfail but have the privilege of working in remote SA, NT and QLD

Another fnqlder good to see!! :drinks:
My sister lives in innisfail down near the esplanade. .I'm up just north of mareeba. :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation